Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User Cheeseisamazing's Avatar
    Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The only cardio I can effectively do without my ankles falling apart on me (several sprains from runs over a short amount of time while in the army), is the elliptical (usual cardio) or row. I know I need to do more of it than just as a warm-up, but I'm stuck in my old ways of only warming up with it or I'll row 1-2 miles after lifting depending on if I'm dead or not

Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheeseisamazing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lowkey122 View Post
    Wasn't sure if you did or not and it's a good thing that you didn't pick up that bad habit from the start. You'd be surprised at how many people factor that in and give up when it was simply a slight miscalculation all along.

In that case as already mentioned you're eating too many calories, plain and simple. Cardio is good when you have calories/macros figured out however completely useless for weight loss if you're still eating too much.

If you're not losing weight then you found your maintenance number, despite what some online calculator is telling you. Eat below that number and you will lose weight.
    Much appreciated, it's annoying that I've read all this from other posts about how it is all about the deficit and thought I was just doing something different. Nope.

lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lowkey122 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cheeseisamazing View Post
    The only cardio I can effectively do without my ankles falling apart on me (several sprains from runs over a short amount of time while in the army), is the elliptical (usual cardio) or row. I know I need to do more of it than just as a warm-up, but I'm stuck in my old ways of only warming up with it or I'll row 1-2 miles after lifting depending on if I'm dead or not
    Stair climber's a mf and easier on the joints than running. Hardest cardio IMO is jumping rope but if you have ankle problems I wouldn't recommend it starting out. I lost a good 50lbs alone with the aid of an elliptical as my only form of cardio.

Much appreciated, it's annoying that I've read all this from other posts about how it is all about the deficit and thought I was just doing something different. Nope.
    It's taken me about 3 years to get from point A to B. Roughly 2 of those years was experimenting with every diet (Keto, low carb, PSMF, IIFYM etc) only to find out it all really does come down to calories in vs calories out.
    "Luck" is probability taken personally

Never accept a "No" from someone who wasn't empowered to give you a "Yes" in the first place

Originally Posted by lowkey122 View Post
    Stair climber's a mf and easier on the joints than running. Hardest cardio IMO is jumping rope but if you have ankle problems I wouldn't recommend it starting out. I lost a good 50lbs alone with the aid of an elliptical as my only form of cardio.

It's taken me about 3 years to get from point A to B. Roughly 2 of those years was experimenting with every diet (Keto, low carb, PSMF, IIFYM etc) only to find out it all really does come down to calories in vs calories out.
    I'll give the stairs a shot, if I could give more than 5 mins to jump rope before my ankles fall apart I would still do it. I expect this to take a long time to get back to my ideal size, so thanks man you are a huge help.

mttucker1 is not very well liked. (-100) mttucker1 is not very well liked. (-100) mttucker1 is not very well liked. (-100) mttucker1 is not very well liked. (-100) mttucker1 is not very well liked. (-100) mttucker1 is not very well liked. (-100) mttucker1 is not very well liked. (-100) mttucker1 is not very well liked. (-100) mttucker1 is not very well liked. (-100) mttucker1 is not very well liked. (-100) mttucker1 is not very well liked. (-100)

Weight Loss

Hello there!

am fairly new to the forum so it is a pleasure to chat with you all. When it comes to weight loss, many people focus on calories and calories alone. While this is a good thing to do, you also want to take into consideration the quality of different types of food that you are putting into your body and how often you are feeding your body.

Generally speaking, it is best two eat every two hours, as this allows for your metabolism to be constantly working and burning calories. Try to focus on eating wholesome foods that are packed with nutrients and fiber than promote fat burning. Examples of this would be you basic greens, fruits, and nuts. As for you love of carbs, try to stick with whole grains. Many people do not realize that carbs are actually very healthy for us in proportion. Lastly, stick with meats that are white, such as chicken and fish. Not to say that red meat is bad for you, but you generally only want to eat 1-2 a week at the most. The bottom line that I like to go by is if it comes from the ground, it is generally a safe bet. Pair this kind of diet and you should see results.

I hope that I could have provided you with some valuable input!

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mttucker1 View Post
    Hello there!

am fairly new to the forum so it is a pleasure to chat with you all. When it comes to weight loss, many people focus on calories and calories alone. While this is a good thing to do, you also want to take into consideration the quality of different types of food that you are putting into your body and how often you are feeding your body.

Generally speaking, it is best two eat every two hours, as this allows for your metabolism to be constantly working and burning calories. Try to focus on eating wholesome foods that are packed with nutrients and fiber than promote fat burning. Examples of this would be you basic greens, fruits, and nuts. As for you love of carbs, try to stick with whole grains. Many people do not realize that carbs are actually very healthy for us in proportion. Lastly, stick with meats that are white, such as chicken and fish. Not to say that red meat is bad for you, but you generally only want to eat 1-2 a week at the most. The bottom line that I like to go by is if it comes from the ground, it is generally a safe bet. Pair this kind of diet and you should see results.

I hope that I could have provided you with some valuable input!
    Lots of bad info here.....
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

WeedRamen is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeedRamen is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeedRamen is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeedRamen is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeedRamen is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeedRamen is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeedRamen is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeedRamen is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeedRamen is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeedRamen is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeedRamen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks guys, just assumed being way fatter than the avg person cutting wouldnt require 500, I will do that then.

Not quite, the reason very fat people lose weight fast is because their size means their TDEE is actually very high so when they eat something like 2000kcal they're actually on a massive deficit (> 1000kcal), also they flush out a lot more water weight owing to their size during the initial few weeks of the cut so the scale goes down rapidly.

Measure condiments, cooking sauces, oils and soda, all hidden killers that add to the total kcal easily. Don't get mixed up between the calories for raw weight and cooked weight, another thing that trips people up.

Keep a food journal, like for instance the myfitnesspal app.

k41m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) k41m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) k41m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) k41m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) k41m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) k41m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) k41m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) k41m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) k41m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) k41m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) k41m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP don't kill yourself by eating nothing, good macro sources usually means great meals with the precise amount of calories, which contribute A LOT to satieness at eating under 2000 kcal, you're picking the wrong food. You should look the Nutrition forum stickies. Beware of condiments and oil too, as WeedRamen said.

Be patient, i'm noticing that you can't wait for results, it's been just few days since you created the thread, you NEED to change that.
    Lifting since Jan 2018
    Start: 45/45/135
    2018: 330/195/475
    2019: 440/215/535
    (current)

Body under construction Nobodyfit's Avatar
    Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    when you learn your body and right cutting calories, it no longer becomes a chore and you begin to find better foods to enjoy your cut.
    Without Proper calorie deficit, there will be no fat loss, plain and simple.

dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't focus on how much calories, focus on what you are eating and track you weight while doing so. It's easier to do if you eat the same thing every day. Pick a meal plan where you eat the same thing every day. Make sure its the same amount of servings for each meal. Track it for a week and see if you weight goes up or down or stays the same. If it stays the same, cut something out of that day about 100-200 calories, and test if for 7 days again and see if your weight goes down.

Weighting your food is in actuality, only an estimate. Food labels are up to 20% off and even then, weighing your food precooked and post cooked you can still never be exact.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dannydsan View Post
    Don't focus on how much calories, focus on what you are eating and track you weight while doing so. It's easier to do if you eat the same thing every day. Pick a meal plan where you eat the same thing every day. Make sure its the same amount of servings for each meal. Track it for a week and see if you weight goes up or down or stays the same. If it stays the same, cut something out of that day about 100-200 calories, and test if for 7 days again and see if your weight goes down.

Weighting your food is in actuality, only an estimate. Food labels are up to 20% off and even then, weighing your food precooked and post cooked you can still never be exact.
    lots of fail here

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000) Quiggie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In addition to weight, are you also tracking your waist size? Weight can yoyo during a cut if you check it often.

One thing I found helpful when I was cutting was to have 1 day per week when I fasted. I mean I woke up and went about my day then went to sleep and ate literally nothing that whole day, only drank water and a cup of coffee (black, no calories).

davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    lots of fail here
    hes right, with the essence of the message. the first and last line is bs

dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by davik View Post
    hes right, with the essence of the message. the first and last line is bs
    That is mainly what I was trying to get across. It's true that labels are up to 20% off and I guess you can get 95%+ accurate if you weigh in grams. I 100% believe in calories in vs calories out because it defies all logic to not be so, but I also believe that foods can be absorbed differently among each individual. Everyone's bodies are different when it comes to what your body absorbs when two different people eat the exact same thing. So, I think while eating the same exact thing, two different people can absorb a different amount of calories.

davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That is mainly what I was trying to get across. It's true that labels are up to 20% off and I guess you can get 95%+ accurate if you weigh in grams. I 100% believe in calories in vs calories out because it defies all logic to not be so, but I also believe that foods can be absorbed differently among each individual. Everyone's bodies are different when it comes to what your body absorbs when two different people eat the exact same thing. So, I think while eating the same exact thing, two different people can absorb a different amount of calories.
    no none of this. just your general message before is fine.

Originally Posted by davik View Post
    no none of this. just your general message before is fine.
    Sure I can live with that, but would you be up to discuss why you disagree?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    worrying about the science of absorption is unnecessary and confusing to uneducated noobies, its calories in vs out, ignore ALL science as its irrelevant. we are all the same, the differences are so minuscule, people use them to argue that they cant lose weight.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    worrying about the science of absorption is unnecessary and confusing to uneducated noobies, its calories in vs out, ignore ALL science as its irrelevant. we are all the same, the differences are so minuscule, people use them to argue that they cant lose weight.
    True, lets keep it simple then. If you aren't losing weight, eat less which it is as simple as that. I think some people rely though to much on the BMR and TDEE calculators as if they are always 100% correct.

3 glaring wrong points
    Not focusing on calories
    Eating the same thing every day
    Waiting only a week to gauge a new calorie amount effect

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

I was wrong, sorry for misinforming you OP. If you are not losing weight, eat less.

Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How long have you been doing this and not making progress for?
    Spike92 is 15.
    ^ place this in your sig to remind the world that Spike92 is indeed 15 and will never be anything other than 15.

When im not hungry I eat. When Im tired I train. When I feel like giving up I push harder.

I wasn't getting updates for anything on the thread, sorry for not getting back to you guys. I count EVERYTHING I put in my body, condiments, oil, etc etc that I have any information for and I'll guess with MFP plugins if I don't have the info. And I measure raw not cooked, I read a ton of stuff before I made the thread so I try not to ask the same questions. I So far since I reset to 1800 calories I've lost 5 pounds which I'm sure is water weight and I know not to expect **** to change quickly lol, but before this week I haven't changed at all since November so that's something at least. I noticed too that I do love eating healthier food i.e. more chicken and turkey instead of beef, WW not white, and I actually found a love for tuna so my change in diet makes me FEEL like I'm healthier, even if it's not true yet.

Fairly certain as was said repeatedly earlier by everyone that I just didn't lower my calories enough, I'm not even hungry at 1800/calories like I thought I would be. Some days I won't even hit that because I have no desire to eat, feels good
    Last edited by Cheeseisamazing; 02-05-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Originally Posted by Big Slim DaDDy View Post
    How long have you been doing this and not making progress for?
    on and off since August last year, but I didn't kick it into gear and realise how much I need to give a **** until early November/late October