sledgurl07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Working Out With Chronic Pain and Fatigue😞

After being in a really bad accident, and almost losing my leg, as-well as hurting my back, I'm now dealing with "Complex Regional Pain Syndrome," and possibly fibromyalgia. CRPS is essentially the nerves being damaged and mis-firing. I've had 5 surgeries, and more to come, but I've been left in so much pain, and my fatigue is in-sane. I've been told the nature of my lower leg issues...to keep it going and healthy, its absolutely mandated to workout. I need to continue the strength training and cardio, daily. I do workout 4-5 days per week, each time around 2 hours. I'm eating pretty good, quit smoking over 1.5 years ago, and I'm getting really strong. The problem is, like today I've been hurting badly, so I've been in bed all day. Haven't ate too much, or drank too much. I will workout generally in the morning, but part way through the day, hurt, so I'll be down and out for the rest of the day. I know I'm making great progress with weights, but doing.several hours of intense working our, then being completely bedridden can't be too helpful with achieving my goals of bulking up? Any others out their wirh fibromyalgia, or chronic pain/fatigue that are achieving their body transformation?

startingnew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sledgurl07 View Post
    After being in a really bad accident, and almost losing my leg, as-well as hurting my back, I'm now dealing with "Complex Regional Pain Syndrome," and possibly fibromyalgia. CRPS is essentially the nerves being damaged and mis-firing. I've had 5 surgeries, and more to come, but I've been left in so much pain, and my fatigue is in-sane. I've been told the nature of my lower leg issues...to keep it going and healthy, its absolutely mandated to workout. I need to continue the strength training and cardio, daily. I do workout 4-5 days per week, each time around 2 hours. I'm eating pretty good, quit smoking over 1.5 years ago, and I'm getting really strong. The problem is, like today I've been hurting badly, so I've been in bed all day. Haven't ate too much, or drank too much. I will workout generally in the morning, but part way through the day, hurt, so I'll be down and out for the rest of the day. I know I'm making great progress with weights, but doing.several hours of intense working our, then being completely bedridden can't be too helpful with achieving my goals of bulking up? Any others out their wirh fibromyalgia, or chronic pain/fatigue that are achieving their body transformation?
    Hello, I don't have the same health issues as you have, but I can relate very much. I have chronic pain, too, in my feet, each step hurts, standing and working out when legs are included in the workout, hurts often very much and demands lots of attention and focus. I have not yet completed my body transformation, have even gained weight again (have currently 77 kg), but will not give up yet. Smaller goals achieved though having pain: lost 28 kg so far, quit smoking and drinking sodas and alcohol. Next goal: working out more consistently and eating cleaner. However the pain constantly accompanies me and fatigue also, as the concentration and feeling of the pain costs so much more energy. How do you stay motivated?

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Without going into details right now, I "feel" your pain. The gym, something that I loved - and visited 6 times a week - has become a "chore" for me right now.

is it really necessary to workout for 2 hours at a time? Can't you cut it to say, 45 minutes?

abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What I know about chronic pain is that it is mostly a disease of the mind then the body. So, I would suggest you talk to therapist or s nurologist.
    I suffer from that and I. Dont know what symptoms you have, but I believe that you can do almost everything you wish to do if you ignore (again pleasecheck with a doctor and dont do crazy things).
    So, you have to know which exercises you can and cant do or you have to do exercise in a different way. Luckily that could be even better in some ways.
    I think chronic pain is different for everyone and it sucks but I would suggest that you try fixing the mind. I persoanlly believe and I could be wrong and full of crap but I strongly believe you can do can everything just like before but at lower pace that is all.
    Some symptoms are simply to not pay too much attention too.
    So best of luck, I know dont do for instance heavy squats or deadlifts but My technique on these lifts have improved drastically by using lesser weights and focusing on explossivness. So live darling, just live your life. I am a victim of a car accident and nazi beatdown so I route for you.
    Once again I think chronic pain is usually more psychological then Physical, and I think I think you should be able to do everything just fine ALMOST

callahan99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by startingnew View Post
    Hello, I don't have the same health issues as you have, but I can relate very much. I have chronic pain, too, in my feet, each step hurts, standing and working out when legs are included in the workout, hurts often very much and demands lots of attention and focus. I have not yet completed my body transformation, have even gained weight again (have currently 77 kg), but will not give up yet. Smaller goals achieved though having pain: lost 28 kg so far, quit smoking and drinking sodas and alcohol. Next goal: working out more consistently and eating cleaner. However the pain constantly accompanies me and fatigue also, as the concentration and feeling of the pain costs so much more energy. How do you stay motivated?
    I was just wondering what is wrong with your feet? I have halux limitus and bursitis in both, with possible neuroma, plus fasciitis that never quite seems to go away completely.

I've got every kind of shoe, orthotics, cortisone etc. Sucks working out when your feet are burning and aching constantly. So I feel your pain fellow foot sufferer. It can be very demotivating

davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well you might want to look into fybromyalgia as not being real. can help to not stack another illness on top of your actual illnesses

callahan99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by davik View Post
    well you might want to look into fybromyalgia as not being real. can help to not stack another illness on top of your actual illnesses
    There are very real psychological problems when dealing with pain. It's quite easy for it to manifest physically. It can be quite a downward spiral if you let it. I know when my mood improves, my pain is lessened. When I work out, my mood improves.

It still sucks having miserable feet, you don't wanna do it after working all day on your feet, but feel better after it all. I have real clinical stuff though, I don't know about fibromyalgia

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Look into Stem Cell therapy, pRP injections, and of course do yourself a favor and buy Curamin Extra Strength (very powerful natural, side effect free, pain killer from Turmeric), A joint formula is a must for you, lots of fish oil (9 caps daily). A TENS device may help you too. These days you can buy one cheaply online.