Kubicka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kubicka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kubicka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kubicka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kubicka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kubicka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kubicka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kubicka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kubicka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kubicka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kubicka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Kubicka's men's physique competition prep journal

Hello guys and lads!

With new year comes new opportunities and challenges! And I've realized that I want to try to compete in men's physique. Just to try it how it feels to diet a bit more, to get more experience and found out if this is the way I'd like to chase.

Fortunately the federation I'd like to compete in, created new "unofficial" (meaning I can compete next year as a novice in official shows) show for novices only! So that means I can try it without being stressed that I waste my novice competing year! That's super great! YAAAY!

The competition will be in 19th of May so I have plenty of time to get stage ready (16 weeks).

I will write more about the approach I am going to take in these next few months and I'll be really glad to hear you opinions on that.

More about me:

I am 24 (tommorow YAY!) years old guy, 174cm and 71,4kgs. I'm still studying and working in office. I love to move, it's a way of my life. My motto is: "Move is life!". Besides of training in gym, I'm doing fire shows, train calisthenics with my friends, started to train IDO portal method twice a week, co-leading in scout organization and doing a bunch of things. I am kind of crazy man as my friend would describe me.

I've ended my lean bulk on 73kg and 77cm in waist and probably somewhere around 12-13%bf (will link photos too). Now I am 3rd week in diet and weight is going down pretty quickly but in safe way.

Photos from my first posing training last week, I know I need to work on that! Also I am really looking for some men's physique posing guide to learn from.

Training:

I'm training 5 times a week (Push, Pull, Legs, Push, Pull = legs only once a week). Most of the exercises are in 6-15 rep range (7-8 exercises per workout) while increasing volume (adding intensification technique every week) every week (4-6) until hitting the deload.

Also I've signed to Ido portal move class which is from my point of view really great idea to increase my mobility and variety, but I am bit afraid that if it'll be to hard I'd have to decrease my workout volume or start training only 4 days in week. If that happens I'll probably do push, pull, legs, upper split.

Otherwise I'll still be walking around 10000 steps a day, spin poi and staff and ride a bike from time to time.

Nutrition:

My goal in fat loss phase is to lose around 0,5kg/week (maybe lower? - I guess my stage weight will be around 66-67kg?) and preserve as much muscle mass as possible.

I've lowered my calories to 2600 a day and will see how my body respond to it. As for marcors I'll be eating 160-180g of protein, atleast 30g of fiber and rest of calories will be fat (60g minimal) and carbs.

I'll be playing with my calories/ cardio to steadily lose that 0,5kg every week. Once, maybe twice per prep I'll do a maintenance week.

Also this week I'm going to introduce one refeed per week.

Supplement wise I am using Omega-3, cheap multivitamin and multi-mineral, vitamin D3, creatine, vitamin C and joint complex. I've also used my own pre-workout mix (L-Arginin 3g, Beta Alanin 2g, L-Citrulin 8g, L-Tyrosin 1g, Taurin 1g) but it caused a scabs on my head so I am a bit afraid to use it again. Do you have any experience with that?

Regeneration:

I am trying to sleep at-least 8 hours a day and keep sleep hygiene same every day, but it's a bit harder on weekends, but still 6-8 hours a day is a must have.

Once a month I am having a massage and hour in sauna.

I'll probably start doing cold showers after workout as well.

I hope I did not forget anything! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I'll keep you posted on how my journey is going every Friday in smaller posts.

Thanks for reading and your answers!
    Attached Images