NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question AB Grizzly vs Rogue OPB?

The $250-300 price range seems to be filling up nicely with options. There is lots of feedback on the Rogue OPB but not so much on the Grizzly.

Comparing from a price perspective I am considering the bare steel Rogue OPB or the AB Grizzly Power Bar that comes in a chrome finish. The Grizzly has free shipping right now so that is 250 compared to 250+shipping for the OHP. Not in a rush and was also considering the rep ss but don’t want to invest into the current one with the offset knurl marks.

Besides the following data points, can anyone else comment on any tangible facts about either?
    Knurl - Rogue is very sharp / Grizzly is passive (but quality)
    Finish - Bare steel / chrome bar and sleeves

Both seem very good but noticed no feedback from those who were buying the Grizzly claiming they would later post reviews. Hoping they are just busy and love their bar so much they are at a loss for words?

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NHAngler View Post
    The $250-300 price range seems to be filling up nicely with options. There is lots of feedback on the Rogue OPB but not so much on the Grizzly.

Comparing from a price perspective I am considering the bare steel Rogue OPB or the AB Grizzly Power Bar that comes in a chrome finish. The Grizzly has free shipping right now so that is 250 compared to 250+shipping for the OHP. Not in a rush and was also considering the rep ss but don’t want to invest into the current one with the offset knurl marks.

Besides the following data points, can anyone else comment on any tangible facts about either?
    Knurl - Rogue is very sharp / Grizzly is passive (but quality)
    Finish - Bare steel / chrome bar and sleeves

Both seem very good but noticed no feedback from those who were buying the Grizzly claiming they would later post reviews. Hoping they are just busy and love their bar so much they are at a loss for words?
    Would also love a bit of feedback on the Grizzly, but if I had to bet these bars will feel quite different:

OPB will be very sharp, grippy knurl, while the AB's knurl will be much more moderate/mild. The only thing I don't love on that AB is the shaft is chrome, which tends to be slick. So they have a milder knurl and then chrome it... Again, I haven't handled that bar yet, but the knurl on all 3 AB bars I've owned was pretty mild. That doesn't make it bad, it's just not gonna grab you like the OPB. AB makes a VERY high quality bar though. It just depends on what you want in a bar (Aggressive power bar or all-around power bar).. Would definitely love some real world feedback on the knurl on the Grizzly though from some current owners.

Good luck with the decisions.. both fantastic bars.. can't really go wrong.
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000)
    No experience with the Grizzly, but the OPB has become my workhorse the past few years. I have used it for everything, until just recently getting the Ohio Deadlift Bar for deadlifts, obviously. Going from an Original Rogue Bar to the OPB took my hands about two weeks to get used to. Now I don't want to ever go back to a mild knurl, I love the knurl on the OPB. I never use my Original Rogue Bar anymore. The Ohio Deadlift Bar has the same knurl as the OPB also.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #18 ||---||

BigPaul0909 is just really nice. (+1000) BigPaul0909 is just really nice. (+1000) BigPaul0909 is just really nice. (+1000) BigPaul0909 is just really nice. (+1000) BigPaul0909 is just really nice. (+1000) BigPaul0909 is just really nice. (+1000) BigPaul0909 is just really nice. (+1000) BigPaul0909 is just really nice. (+1000) BigPaul0909 is just really nice. (+1000) BigPaul0909 is just really nice. (+1000) BigPaul0909 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have the Grizzly PB, bought it on BF, I was considering the OHP also but gave this a shot. If i could go back i would buy a boneyard or non boneyard Bar steel OPB. The knurling on the AB is very nice if you enjoy light to moderate knurling, it does stick to the hands but IMO its to mild, which i have heard about their other bars. I have a ohio DL bar and if the knurling on the OPB is anything like that, which is very aggressive i would of prefered the OPB. I also do not like the chrome finish, i do have issues with humidity but bar maintenance doesn't bother me so from now on its bar steel for me like my DL bar is. Long story short, if you want a great multi purpose bar go with the Grizzly, its great for rows and high rep work as its easy on the hands but does stick well, but the chrome doesnt hold chalk well and it doesnt stick well for squats, if you want a PB just for main movements i would go with OPB.
    Pgh PA, mediocre power lifter, @Brookline_Barbell