NYKNeil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NYKNeil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NYKNeil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NYKNeil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NYKNeil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NYKNeil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NYKNeil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NYKNeil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NYKNeil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NYKNeil has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NYKNeil has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How can I lose fat? Dumb it down for me

All these different answers I get when looking this **** up is annoying sl. Im not overweight but I do have some body fat i would like to get rid off but at the same time NOT LOSE MUSCLE. What's the most efficient way to do this?
    1) How many calories should i eat? (Im 17, 5 foot 7, 143 lbs)
    2) What should I eat?
    3) What should I not eat?
    4) Any other tips?

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This has been asked and answered thousands of times on the nutrition forum. Go there, take a look at the stickies, and then plan out your diet. Easy.

Being a beginner you don't really need to be in a calorie deficit, you can eat around maintenance, slightly over, and improve body composition (+ muscle, - adipose tissue). There are calculators listed in the nutrition forum you can use to get an estimate of TDEE, adjust as needed. There's no such thing as foods to avoid, food is just food. It's how you plan your diet that matters. Again, nutrition forum, go there and read and educate yourself.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

MainGain99 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MainGain99 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    rhadam hit the nail on the head, follow what he said for calories, eat clean things such as rice and any non-suspect proteins. Also train five days a week if you're not already. When you're in the gym don't mess around on your phone/take huge rest times. Actually work hard and push yourself, it's tough mentally but if you can do that five days a week on a decent body part split, you'll be golden after a while. Sleep, eat, train, repeat. Consistency is key.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MainGain99 View Post
    rhadam hit the nail on the head, follow what he said for calories, eat clean things such as rice and any non-suspect proteins. Also train five days a week if you're not already. When you're in the gym don't mess around on your phone/take huge rest times. Actually work hard and push yourself, it's tough mentally but if you can do that five days a week on a decent body part split, you'll be golden after a while. Sleep, eat, train, repeat. Consistency is key.
    There's no such thing as clean or dirty foods. Just food.
    Psych & handcuffs

MainGain99 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MainGain99 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    There's no such thing as clean or dirty foods. Just food.
    You just sound like you’re being a bit of a smart ass at this point, but yeah sure, food is food, and color is color, and the sun is the sun. No different colors, just.. Color

Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You just sound like you’re being a bit of a smart ass at this point, but yeah sure, food is food, and color is color, and the sun is the sun. No different colors, just.. Color
    All foods have their purpose. Even candy and other simple carbs can be used to fill glycogen storages. The idea that a food is either clean or dirty is a false dichotomy.
    I get bigger when I cut.

Originally Posted by Sjallday View Post
    All foods have their purpose. Even candy and other simple carbs can be used to fill glycogen storages. The idea that a food is either clean or dirty is a false dichotomy.
    I agree, but clean and dirty are also subjective adjectives that you can attach to words. My idea of clean and dirty is different than your idea. We don’t have to be so maticulous with how we use words, that’s not the point. You probably know exactly what I mean when I say clean foods vs dirty foods

BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I agree, but clean and dirty are also subjective adjectives that you can attach to words. My idea of clean and dirty is different than your idea. We don’t have to be so maticulous with how we use words, that’s not the point. You probably know exactly what I mean when I say clean foods vs dirty foods
    If as you say your definition of clean and dirty foods is subjective then why use the term as you've clearly stated it's ambiguous depending upon the persons definition of that term. It isn't useful to throw around such broad terms and if you do, you should clarify it's definition or you will mislead people.

So yes we do have to be so meticulous in regards to language if the use of language could result in the person looking for help not getting the correct information. No foods should be seen as dirty, no food should be deemed forbidden or out of limits as long as the diet as a whole meets the needs of that specific person.
    Bench -216lbs
    Squat - 268lbs
    Deadlift - 375lbs
    OHP - 134lbs

No, you took it the wrong way because you don't understand physiology and dietetics. Food is not clean or dirty, it simply exists. It is the composition of your diet, among other things (like genetics, exercise level, etc) that impacts bodily health.

Let me give an easy example i liked to give people at the hospital. For me, i can eat fast food daily, which i have, and my lipid panel comes back phenomenal. I exercise daily, i have no genetic disposition to CVD or diabetes, and I make sure to meet protein and fat minimums as well as strive to ingest decent levels of micro nutrients. I'm in great shape. Now, compare that with the 9-5 office worker who doesn't exercise and is at risk for heart disease. That daily fast food would not be termed "healthy." Health, my friend, is relative.
    Psych & handcuffs

rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No, you took it the wrong way because you don't understand physiology and dietetics. Food is not clean or dirty, it simply exists. It is the composition of your diet, among other things (like genetics, exercise level, etc) that impacts bodily health.

Let me give an easy example i liked to give people at the hospital. For me, i can eat fast food daily, which i have, and my lipid panel comes back phenomenal. I exercise daily, i have no genetic disposition to CVD or diabetes, and I make sure to meet protein and fat minimums as well as strive to ingest decent levels of micro nutrients. I'm in great shape. Now, compare that with the 9-5 office worker who doesn't exercise and is at risk for heart disease. That daily fast food would not be termed "healthy." Health, my friend, is relative.
    lol mate,why do you always try to make it sound like you're the only person here who knows what physiology and dietetics means? Since I see you throwing around that line every time someone makes a counter argument against you.

I actually agreed with you up until this post in the sense that how unhealthy a food choice is is affected by the individual's over all diet. Which is fair, but the example and the points which you made in this post are very misleading. Your comparison of yourself vs an office worker is invalid due to the number of variables which you can't account for to make the comparison. Simply because you haven't gotten a heart attack yet doesn't mean that fast food is a healthy food choice. If you were to compare yourself against yourself,where all variables of exercise regime and genetics are being kept constant and then switch to a diet where you're getting almost all of your fats from low density liproteins (in comparison to the even balance between HDL and LDL which I'm assuming that you currently have), then your diet as inevitably become more unhealthy for you. Plain and simple fact.
    Some regular lifting posts (IG) - @rsid_97

My Growth Stimulus Training journal - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175699161

Originally Posted by rsid97 View Post
    lol mate,why do you always try to make it sound like you're the only person here who knows what physiology and dietetics means? Since I see you throwing around that line every time someone makes a counter argument against you.

I actually agreed with you up until this post in the sense that how unhealthy a food choice is is affected by the individual's over all diet. Which is fair, but the example and the points which you made in this post are very misleading. Your comparison of yourself vs an office worker is invalid due to the number of variables which you can't account for to make the comparison. Simply because you haven't gotten a heart attack yet doesn't mean that fast food is a healthy food choice. If you were to compare yourself against yourself,where all variables of exercise regime and genetics are being kept constant and then switch to a diet where you're getting almost all of your fats from low density liproteins (in comparison to the even balance between HDL and LDL which I'm assuming that you currently have), then your diet as inevitably become more unhealthy for you. Plain and simple fact.
    Except for the fact that i'm trained in this field and you aren't. Nice try though. My points stand, and are validated by science.
    Psych & handcuffs

Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dirty is the food that is dropped on the floor.

CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1. I highly advice you to read and learn from this thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

2. You can eat anything, make sure you calculate and track everything towards your goal. There's no Clean or Dirty Food, there's just Food.

3. You don't need to avoid anything, just make sure to track everything towards your goal. There's no Clean or Dirty Food, there's just Food.

4. Understand that it's a long journey, it takes discipline and consistency. You need to remain in a Caloric Deficit and lift weights to lose fat.
    However if you're in the beginner stage, aka noob gains, you can consume your calories at a Maintenance level.
    Going for strictly weight loss, will result to you, being a smaller version of your current version. Your frame will basically be the same, just smaller.
    Fats are not the enemy, Carbs are not the enemy, you are not a Meso-, Endomorph or a Decepticon. If you're gaining weight, you're overeating.
    Make sure to use proper form and strive for progressive overload. Focus on the Compounds and you should be good to go.
    Remember to get proper sleep, try to get 7-8 hours on average, you will still make some results if you lack sleep. But it might affect optimal gains if you're lacking.

Hope these tips help you achieve the results you seek!
    Instagram: @CidBone - Fitness Guidance and Tips. My experiences and version.
    www.instagram.com/cidbone

rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Except for the fact that i'm trained in this field and you aren't. Nice try though. My points stand, and are validated by science.
    Funny how everything you say just further proves my point that you make nonintellectual remarks at people without any knowledge of their background or paying any regard to the fact that their argument completes outsmarts your own. Just because me,and the others here prefer to give good quality advice rather than shoving our credentials down these kids' throats as our only form of discussion doesn't make it such that we lack credentials.

Oh and nice butt hurt red reps that you gave me brah,just as professional as your replies.
    Some regular lifting posts (IG) - @rsid_97

My Growth Stimulus Training journal - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175699161

Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat less overall and definately less ****ty stuff like twinkies, and no, do not drink soda. I know you like soda. But you can not have it. No also no diet coke. Only drink water, black coffee and tea. No soda for you. Eat white fish or any fish and before bed eat a pound of cottage cheese. Mix things up with 2 or 3 cans of tuna and green vegetables throughout the day. I said mix it up, but i meant you will eat that alone. There is no mixing up, only the same cans of tuna every single day. The same salad every day for the rest of how long it takes for you to lose fat. Next step is to walk 14000-20000 steps a day. If you can do that, go for 25000, if you can do that go for 30000, you get the picture. Walk as much as you can, walk the dog longer than it takes for him to ****, let him see the world. Let the world be his toilet. pick up a hobby that requires you to walk a lot, like walking more dogs. Let them all mark their territory on uncharted grounds, let them be free! Another tip, If you buy one can of tuna everytime, you can walk to the store three times. That'll get some steps. Now training. Every training you do some cardio. If you do not want to do cardio, you still do cardio. After cardio you do ab training. One set to failure. Ab crunches, something for oblique, hanging leg raises. After this you do cardio for five minutes. Now you can weight lift. Lift your weights After you are done with weightlifting. you can eat your salad. Maybe have some fish with it, i heard tuna is great. Now i know you want soda, you do not get soda. I know that woman over there is drinking soda, and you want it. Just dont look ok. It is late now, time for some delicious cottage cheese. And If you hate cottage cheese, you are in luck. Because diary will be off the menu after a few weeks. But for now, enjoy. Add no sugar. The next period is here. In this period you can only eat meat and vegetables. Eggs are also allowed. Eat that with the yolk. Surprise you can have hamburgers too. Just without the sauce, without the bun, you can have the cheddar, and the pickle, the lettuce and you get the point. It is time to walk.

It is just cardio and eating vegetables and tuna and eggs and meat.
    So you're on the internet for good advice, here's some good advice: have a good laugh once in a while. And never tear your bicep!

628 / 661 LBS DL
    529 / 600 LBS SQ
    242 / 300 LBS BP