firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Am I gonna make it? (should I complete?)

Hey BB.com,

I wasn't sure if this was the correct sub forum to post it but in my mind it made the most sense. I recently underwent a pretty big fat loss over the past 5 months, 55 lbs to be exact which was my goal (sitting in 185lbs, came down from 240lbs). I've never been a bodybuilder but played sports in high school so I've always had a solid frame I feel. My question is, should I consider doing a bodybuilding show? Was thinking most likely physique. My time frame is somewhere in the last months of 2018, so at least 9-10 months from now. Do I have the genetics for it? If do consider competing, what should my regiment look like? Should I focus on more fat loss or should try and put on more mass first? Or should I forget about the idea and just strive for an overall athletic looking physique but not show quality? All constructive criticism is welcome and I look forward to getting some productive responses. Included some before pics as well for perspective.

Regards,

Henry
    Attached Images

cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not a bad physique but I dont think you are genetically gifted enough to compete. Proportions arent great and looks like you may have some gyno
    Healthcare Crew
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Lifting from August 2017
    SBD
    August: 40kg(88)/40kg(88)/60kg(132)
    Current: 90kg(198)/80kg(176)/140kg(309)

Natural Competitive BB euro7muscle's Avatar
    euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by firebird92 View Post
    Hey BB.com,

I wasn't sure if this was the correct sub forum to post it but in my mind it made the most sense. I recently underwent a pretty big fat loss over the past 5 months, 55 lbs to be exact which was my goal (sitting in 185lbs, came down from 240lbs). I've never been a bodybuilder but played sports in high school so I've always had a solid frame I feel. My question is, should I consider doing a bodybuilding show? Was thinking most likely physique. My time frame is somewhere in the last months of 2018, so at least 9-10 months from now. Do I have the genetics for it? If do consider competing, what should my regiment look like? Should I focus on more fat loss or should try and put on more mass first? Or should I forget about the idea and just strive for an overall athletic looking physique but not show quality? All constructive criticism is welcome and I look forward to getting some productive responses. Included some before pics as well for perspective.

Regards,

Henry
    Congrats on the weight loss accomplishment!

I think you're in a pretty good position now to recomp and build some more lean tissue before you start a prep. As you said, your goal is to compete 9-10 months from now, so you have plenty of time to maximize some more muscle growth and rev up your calories and metabolism before you go on a hard cut.

Coming off from such a big weight loss/dieting phase, you would benefit from reverse dieting until your metabolism and calories are at an optimal high starting point for another cut, hopefully gaining some lean muscle tissue along the way.
    6'3
    240 lb. (off-season)
    220 lb. (competition)

Competition History:
    2016 NPC Midwest Naturals
    2017 NPC Battle of the Falls
    2018 GNBF Internationale Deutsche Meisterschaft

Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking good, keep at it bro

firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) firebird92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by euro7muscle View Post
    Congrats on the weight loss accomplishment!

I think you're in a pretty good position now to recomp and build some more lean tissue before you start a prep. As you said, your goal is to compete 9-10 months from now, so you have plenty of time to maximize some more muscle growth and rev up your calories and metabolism before you go on a hard cut.

Coming off from such a big weight loss/dieting phase, you would benefit from reverse dieting until your metabolism and calories are at an optimal high starting point for another cut, hopefully gaining some lean muscle tissue along the way.
    Thanks for the encouraging words *repped. If you don't mind, would you mind clarifying what you mean exactly by reverse dieting/how you would go about doing things? Thanks in advance!

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by firebird92 View Post
    Thanks for the encouraging words *repped. If you don't mind, would you mind clarifying what you mean exactly by reverse dieting/how you would go about doing things? Thanks in advance!
    Agreed w reverse diet and build! Reverse diet is slowly bringing calories back up and possibly lowering cardio down. It is a way to get your body used to higher maintenance calories without storing so much fat bc you will be using it to build muscle. A lot of people do it after competitions.

For example, I reverse dieted for like 3 weeks after.my may contest and started to lean bulk thereafter. I am a girl so I won't give stats in this post bc it won t necessarily pertain to you.
    PM me if you want more details

Edit: btw FANTASTIC job!!! You do a lean bulk for a little while and you will be competitive in my opinion
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000)
    great work on the weight loss mate, as for stepping onstage you need to get another 30lb off.

NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My advice is DO IT!!! Many people are gonna tell you no, you're not ready yada yada yada.... to them you'll never be ready

Competing was one of the best experiences in my life, so much fun and met some great people .... missed it so much that I'm doing it again this year

Good luck man!!!
    Find me on YouTube... "Natty Lunk"