iPlunks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not losing weight on 1000 ish calories

I am 36 years old, 5'8 and 195. I have been making it a goal to reach 170-175lbs. I am not losing weight as much as i want to. I went from 200 to 194 in about a week (i hate bad before starting my diet) but now it kind goes up and down by 2 pounds.
    I am taking a GNC product called Lean Shake for breakfast and dinner. My lunch is a Egg, turkey bacon, spinach with Avocado spread on rye bread. Sid of fruit cups or 3 clementine and a hand full of chocolate almonds with multi vitamins. The total calories are 1000 give or take.
    I go to the gym 3 times a week.
    What am i doing wrong? Please help!!!!!!

screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How are you measuring portions?
    Do you ever have "cheat" meals/days?
    How long have you been eating this way?
    "You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world."

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When did you start your diet?

Arizona to East Texas kingHanley's Avatar
    kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingHanley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That’s a little bit of calories blood.
    *Firefighter-Paramedic Crew*
    *HTC Crew*
    *White Zero Ultra Monster Crew*
    *2A Crew*
    *Conservative Crew*

iPlunks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by screwnuts View Post
    How are you measuring portions?
    Do you ever have "cheat" meals/days?
    How long have you been eating this way?
    Well i use myfitnesspal to log my calories. i use a fitbit tracker for calories burn (but never use the amount burned to as a way to justify eating more) I was strict for a week,but i had 3 cheat meals since. i would say i started Jan 3rd

Body under construction Nobodyfit's Avatar
    Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP you need to say on a consistent deficit for at lease 4 weeks before making adjustments. your calories are a little low to be sustainable for a long period.
    Without Proper calorie deficit, there will be no fat loss, plain and simple.

W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by iPlunks View Post
    Well i use myfitnesspal to log my calories. i use a fitbit tracker for calories burn (but never use the amount burned to as a way to justify eating more) I was strict for a week,but i had 3 cheat meals since. i would say i started Jan 3rd
    Lol, dude read the stickies, you have no clue what you're doing if you're coming to us after 1 week of a cut and 3 cheat meals later asking why it's not working.

When you have more informed questions feel free to ask us again but please don't look past the basics, there's literally a sticky named so in the previous page.
    Brazilian Crew |<o>|
    IIFYM Crew
    Username is an Acronym Crew

What's Important Now?

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Stop trying to fix 4 months worth of problems in a week. Your expectations are about as unrealistic as Santa Clause giving in home back massages.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're not losing weight you are not in a caloric deficit, its that simple... Eat less and move more...
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

DaveGettingFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveGettingFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveGettingFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveGettingFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveGettingFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveGettingFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveGettingFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveGettingFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveGettingFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveGettingFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaveGettingFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1000 calories a day is way too low especially if you're going to the gym as well. As you're on MyFitnessPal it will have given you an estimate of how many calories you're supposed to eat a day. You should aim to be just a little under that estimate. I'm sure it's telling you to eat a lot more than 1000 calories a day.

Registered User Sweatyteddytaco's Avatar
    Sweatyteddytaco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sweatyteddytaco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sweatyteddytaco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sweatyteddytaco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sweatyteddytaco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sweatyteddytaco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sweatyteddytaco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sweatyteddytaco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sweatyteddytaco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sweatyteddytaco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sweatyteddytaco is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are you actually measuring anything? Because you may be eating like 1000 calories between spread and almonds (nuts are not good for cutting imo)

I recommend getting a food scale and measure EVERYTHING you eat for 4 weeks. You should be able to eat like 1600 calories and make progress if you follow it.

BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dont shop at Gnc everything is overpriced. www.Bodybuilding.com or amazon is best. Also at your weight 1-2 pounds loss a week is what you want to be aiming for. Anything higher and you will loose muscle and you will look like trash when you reach your goal weight because you lost what muscle you had. This is everything you need.. Just lift heavy and ensure you are eating less by tracking calories with myfitnesspal and a food scale. Follow this.

Weightloss

I recommend counting your calories with MYFITNESSPAL and a Food scale to make sure your hitting the exact calories you need to loose weight.

Get your calorie intake here.
    https://www.freedieting.com/tools/ca...calculator.htm
    Its going to take some trial and error but its a good start. If your not loosing 1-2 pounds a week then adjust from their. Increments of 100 calories is ok.

Download Myfitnesspal and get a food scale and track calories and macros with it so your ensuring you will consistently loose 1-2+ pounds a week so your not wasting your time.

Heres how to get Macros to diet down and maintain muscle / Loose fat.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Follow with a good Lifting program to maintain Strength/Muscle.
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/workout-plans

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...9678631&page=1

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=169172473

jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by iPlunks View Post
    I am 36 years old, 5'8 and 195. I have been making it a goal to reach 170-175lbs. I am not losing weight as much as i want to. I went from 200 to 194 in about a week (i hate bad before starting my diet) but now it kind goes up and down by 2 pounds.
    I am taking a GNC product called Lean Shake for breakfast and dinner. My lunch is a Egg, turkey bacon, spinach with Avocado spread on rye bread. Sid of fruit cups or 3 clementine and a hand full of chocolate almonds with multi vitamins. The total calories are 1000 give or take.
    I go to the gym 3 times a week.
    What am i doing wrong? Please help!!!!!!
    So much wrong here my friend. A lot of good advice already posted as well.

You started this Jan 3, so 19 days ago... too soon to tell anything. The first weight you lose will be some excess water weight. Remember that weight loss is NOT LINEAR... you rarely will see anyone who is losing weight do so in -1, -1, -2, -1, -1, -2 etc increments. You go down a pound or two, you'll gain a pound.. you'll go down a pound or two.. might stay there for 2 weeks, might go up a pound the next week then down 2 more the week after.. it fluctuates because people have a weight range, not a set weight that is rock solid.

I'd drop the GNC shake... it's really not necessary for you and your goals. If you are truly logging all your food intake, and it's only coming up to 1000cals/day, you're malnourishing yourself. That's not enough. I'm 35, 203lbs (down from 234), and 5'9", so I think we're comparable in the basic dimensions... I target for 1500 cals/day to lose 2lbs per week. I end up eating between 1400 and 1700 per day on average, and I've lost almost exactly 2lbs/wk avg over the 16 ish weeks I've been doing this. 1000 is not safe nor healthy.

Going to the gym. OK. What are you doing while you're there? What exercises, lifting? HIIT? Zumba?

Remember that how much weight you want to lose and how much your body will allow you to lose given proper nutrition are not always the same. You didn't put the extra weight on in a month, it's going to take longer than that to take it off.

Best of luck.