grumpsneko is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Indentation on bottom of one butt cheek?

Hi,

I noticed that I have an indentation on the very bottom of my left butt cheek. It kind of dips in and makes my butt look uneven because just the left one has this indentation. What is the cause of this? Is it uneven fat distribution or uneven muscles? I’m right leg dominant but it seems kind of weird that it just goes inward in one spot. It’s not a side indentation. Will working out help even this out at all??

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Without seeing, most of these things aren't noticeable to others like they are to ourselves, it may not be as bad as you think. That said, if it's the way your bodyfat is, then building muscle, and cutting fat may improve it a bit. It's not likely a muscle imbalance, everyone has a dominant side, but most don't favor it enough in workouts to make it noticeably asymmetric (and it'd be a size issue, not so much an "indent" type of thing).
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Ok thanks! Could there be any other cause for the indentation? I didn’t notice it until this year and the spot is kind of darker as well. Was worried it could be a nerve impingement but I’ve never had an injury before. Should I just work that butt out more than the other ?

I just recently started working out too so I was hoping cutting fat and gaining muscle would even them out.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pinched nerves are usually something you'd know about, they hurt. Working one side would just create a muscle imbalance which is bad on it's own, but won't improve an indent caused by something that's not muscle.

Build muscle, cut fat, repeat and see if it improves over time. Most of these types of things do get less noticeable with more muscle, and lower bodyfat (again, this is not knowing exactly what you're dealing with, it just tends to be the case).

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by grumpsneko View Post
    Is it uneven fat distribution?
    In location you're describing I'm going to say yes. Like Luna stated cutting/building cycles and staying consistent in your lifting will help to even things out.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    In location you're describing I'm going to say yes. Like Luna stated cutting/building cycles and staying consistent in your lifting will help to even things out.
    Thanks for your answer! What type of isolated glute workouts do you suggest? And how long will it take to see some form of results if I continue to exercise and eat healthy?

Originally Posted by grumpsneko View Post
    Thanks for your answer! What type of isolated glute workouts do you suggest? And how long will it take to see some form of results if I continue to exercise and eat healthy?
    Don't do isolated glute workouts, follow an established program focused on compounds. Strong Curves is the most recommended lower body focused routine.