InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Shock Therapy: New Skool formula; Old Skool feel

1.85 Lbs. Hawaiian Pump
    Serving Size ~20g
    Servings Per Container 42

Calories 20
    Total Carbohydrates 5g
    Sugars 0g
    Niacin 10mg
    Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine HCL) 10mg
    Vitamin B12 (As Cyanocobalamin, Methylcobalamin) 10mcg
    Calcium (As Carbonate) 25mg
    Magnesium (As Magnesium Oxide) 25mg
    Sodium (As Sodium Bicarbonate, Trisodium Phosphate) 120mg
    Potassium (As Potassium Phosphate) 60mg

Shock Therapy® Proprietary Formula

NO Super Pump Volumizing Complex 5000mg
    Creatine Complex (Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine MagnaPower®)
    Arginine Matrix (Arginine HCL, Arginine AKG, ArginoCarn® [Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate Dichloride)
    Citrulline Malate
    GlycoCarn® (Glycine Propionyl L-Carnitine HCL)
    Pine Bark Extract (Pycnogenol)
    Glucuronolactone

Muscle Strength Blend 5500mg
    BCAA Complex (L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine)
    L-Taurine
    CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine
    Sustamine™ (L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine)
    Acetyl L-Carnitine

Enertropic & Antioxidant Complex 1200mg
    L-Tyrosine
    Choline Bitartrate
    Caffeine Anhydrous
    Guarana Seed
    Yerba Mate (Leaf)
    Kola Nut Powder (Seed)
    Green Tea Extract (Polyphenols, EGCG)
    Grapeseed Extract (OPC)
    L-Cysteine HCL
    Na-R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (Na-R-ALA)
    NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide)

Electrolyte & Delivery Complex 5265mg
    Shock Therapy® Carb Blend (Glucose Polymers, D-Glucose, Trehalose)
    Sodium Bicarbonate
    Potassium Phosphate
    Trisodium Phosphate
    Calcium Carbonate
    Magnesium Oxide

Other Ingredients: Natural And Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Red #40 Lake.

Directions For Shock Therapy: For performance enhancement use 30 minutes preworkout. Depending on factors such as bodyweight, experience and stimulant tolerance, use 1-2 scoops per training session. Athletes weighing more than 200 lbs may require 1.5 to 2 total scoops. Always start with a single scoop (or less) serving in order to assess individual tolerance. Do not exceed 2 scoops in a single 24–hour period. Do not take within 6-8 hours of bedtime.

Thanks to Razor, I got a chance to re-try Shock Therapy. My first trial was a beta test before the first version came out (remember Orange Blast?) and was one of my first pre workouts. Man, that stuff had me going for days. I figured, hmmm, new formula. Let’s see. There have been many changes in pre workouts since 2009(?).

Let’s break down what’s in it (what does what here?):
    Nutrition label section: 5g carbs from fast digesting sources (Glucose Polymers, D-Glucose, Trehalose), ok. get a little muscle feeding but not overboard. b-vitamins, electrolytes - smart additions and fairly common.

NO Super Pump Volumizing Complex (5g): Creatine (volumizing), arginine, citrulline (pump), Glycocarn (volume), Pine Bark (pump), Glucuronolactone (works with grape seed extract for vascular protection - mildly impressed here).

Muscle Strength Blend (5.5g):
    BCAA Complex (L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine) (MPS), L-Taurine (energy & power),
    CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine (endurance), Sustamine™ (L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine) (more digestible glutamine - recovery), Acetyl L-Carnitine (energy) - so basically an amino blend.

Enertropic & Antioxidant Complex (1.2g): L-Tyrosine, Choline Bitartrate (focus & liver benefits), Caffeine Anhydrous (assuming ~250-300mg), Guarana Seed, Yerba Mate (Leaf), Kola Nut Powder (Seed) - all energy and focus ingredients with some other side benefits on a few.

Green Tea Extract (Polyphenols, EGCG), Grapeseed Extract (OPC), L-Cysteine HCL, Na-R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (Na-R-ALA), NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide) - antioxidants and protective stuff.

Odd that all this was dumped into one ‘blend’ - could have been two separate blends; just adds to the mystery.

Electrolyte & Delivery Complex (5.265g):
    Shock Therapy® Carb Blend (Glucose Polymers, D-Glucose, Trehalose) 5g on the nutrition label, leaving 265mg of
    Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Phosphate, Trisodium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide - why oxide?

ON with the show! We'll be continuing this over a few posts.
    “God will not have his work made manifest by cowards” - RWE
    1Cor 6:19-20, Rom 12:1-2
    [[|--- CM Appr. Crew --- |]]

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ST is still one of my favorites and brings back some good memories.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    oh, there is more to come. I left my notes on my other computer. Maybe we won't be so snowed in tomorrow.

_Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    ST is still one of my favorites and brings back some good memories.
    It's been a few years since I have a serving of ST. This thread brought back some memories for me, too. I remember buying my first tub over a decade ago at Pro Source. It had the original label and it was Wild Punch Kicker flavor. Good times.
    Best Meet Lifts:
    SQ: 460 (sleeves)
    BP: 350
    DL: 510
    Total: 1300 (242 wrapped)

"I refuse to tip-toe through life, only to arrive safely at death"

www.animalpak.com

ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I will say glycocarn at the clincal dose gives me crazy veins...
    NASM-CPT

a quick lookup showed 4.5g as being a 'dose that showed results in exercisers.'

something interesting here:
    The effects of GPLC supplementation on anaerobic work capacity and lactate accumulation appear to be dosage dependent. Four weeks of GPLC supplementation at 3.0 and 4.5 g/day resulted in reduced mean values of power output with greater rates of DEC compared with baseline while 1.5 g/day produced higher mean values of MP and PP with modest increases of DEC. Supplementation of 1.5 g/day also produced a significantly lower rate of lactate accumulation per unit power output compared with 3.0 and 4.5 g/day. In conclusion, GPLC appears to be a useful dietary supplement to enhance anaerobic work capacity and potentially sport performance, but apparently the dosage must be determined specific to the intensity and duration of exercise.

Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition (study)

Takeaway - light workout = one scoop; heavy workout = two scoops

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is always a nice tried and true formula that won't make you feel cracked out
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

Might as well post small bits of my notes rather than none at all... we'll get there, somehow.

The marketing:
    A "pumping" all-in-one pre-workout powerhouse, the all new Shock Therapy does away with flat, lifeless workouts and zero motivation and drive.* Combining patented ingredients and tested performance compounds in a delicious, sugar-free formula with cell volumizers, energy substrates, focus support, a new creatine complex, antioxidants and more, this comprehensive supplement will promote powerful pumps and lock you in the zone and help you dominate in the gym.* With the anabolic nutrients of the Shock Therapy formula coursing through your veins, your "pumps" will be insane.* Freaky. Vascular. Intense. For a bodybuilder, the pump is everything. Just ask Arnold... He knows the deal. Volumized, Energized, Powerized, Primed to perform.* Promote some of the best workouts of your life.* All just one delicious serving away. So chug away before you lift with the brand new, completely overhauled Shock Therapy. Only from Universal.

Here's how my experience with Shock Therapy relates to the marketing. 'all-in-one pre-workout': agreed. Patented ingredients? not seeing much of that here (but listed in ingredient notes - odd they are not called out on facts panel); but, appreciate sugar-free though that's not really big news. It does do a decent job with volumizers, pump, energy & focus PLUS what I think I like best (well there is a thing or three) is the inclusion of natural herbal performance and antioxidants. The other top things in this are electrolytes (besides MgO - c'mon, a diarrhetic?) and the fact that I can dose 1 scoop for a lighter workout or, as I found out more recently, two scoops for an extended workout.

It's been quite a busy month. Time to wrap this baby up. First, some thoughts on the FAQs posted on the product page.

Frequently Asked Questions:
    Why did we change Shock Therapy?
    “we believed we could make the product better in every aspect, from the formula to the flavor”

I like the old Orange Blast better. As far as formula, I’m sure they improved some ingredients (like adding the antioxidants & herbals) but I didn’t feel anything vastly different, perhaps just smoother.

How is this different from the old version of Shock Therapy?
    “Newer cutting-edge and patented ingredients were added to make this a more powerful and complete pre-workout product…” and they go on to talk about amazing flavor that you can “sip and savor.”

Creatine MagnaPower®, ArginoCarn®, CarnoSyn®, Sustamine™

What makes Shock Therapy different from other pre-workouts?
    “Shock Therapy is a complete and comprehensive all-in-one. There is no need to buy a separate creatine, BCAA, "pump", energy/drive, antioxidant, performance and endurance supplement.* They are all provided for in Shock Therapy in a scientifically suggested and delicious package.”

Agreed. This does cover all the bases. About the doses.. can’t even tell; it’s all hidden behind prop blends.

Does Shock Therapy have a full daily dose of creatine?
    “Yes. When you take Shock Therapy, you do not need additional creatine that day.”

So I guess it has 3g total, is that one or two scoops? (see below) - 5g in the blend, so 3g Creatine, 1g Arginine, 1g of the rest?

What is the difference between Shock Therapy and Animal Pump or Animal Rage?
    “Shock Therapy is better suited for general lifters and bodybuilders who value the pump and maximizing muscle size and shape.”

Ok, I get that, and is probably my best estimation - general bodybuilders - a little bit of everything.

How much caffeine is in Shock Therapy?
    “Each scoop is the equivalent of roughly two strong cups of coffee.”

I’ve heard that coffee (good coffee) can contain anywhere from 60mg - 100mg caffeine. So is Shock Therapy 120mg or 200mg. (i’m thinking ~150mg based on the next question.)

Should I take one or two scoops of Shock Therapy?
    “We recommend one scoop for those that are under 200 lb. and two scoops for those over 200 lb. If you have never used a pre-workout before, you may even need to start with ½ scoop.”

A-ha. There it is. I finally got around to reading this after several single serving days. I weigh in @ 180-185# and I’ve taken many preworkouts in my time, including several of the latest with ~300mg caffeine. I could do two scoops easily. See overall results for more.

My overall view and results: Shock Therapy is a good all-around workout. It's flexible enough that you can do two scoops if you need to, but has enough that you can regularly do one and have a good workout. Universal is a trusted brand. If this were another brand with all prop blends I think I'd just pass, especially in this day of transparent labelling, fully disclosed doses and even some preworkouts that simplify their mix. Universal's brand has almost a cult following and their stuff historically works, so even though I'm not thrilled that stuff seems to be hiding, I think brand factor softens the blow.

Taste: I really thought is had the taste and texture of venerable preworkouts from 5+ years ago. If they upped their game on flavoring systems, I didn't notice. Don't get me wrong - it's still very drinkable, but the Hawaiian Pump flavor is all business, no candy. Most other decent preworkouts have much better or more appealing flavoring IMMHO. For texture, it's decent for having Monohydrate. Yeah, you get a little sediment, but you always do with Cre-Mono. Let it sit a few minutes and remember to swirl it around as you sip.

Effectiveness: Like the FAQs said - good all around. Most days I did one scoop and was fine for a 40-55minute workout. The sustained energy is probably the most notable feature, as well as the fact that I never got buzzed out or jittery if I didn't start my workout on time, which also makes this a decent pick-me-up if you need to save a scoop for later in the day or on an off day to get those other nutrients (Creatine, Citrulline, antioxidants) without fear of getting stimmed out crazy. One week I had gotten behind a couple days and decided to combine three workouts in order to get back on track (well 2/3 of each workout). I did 2 scoops. Workout lasted 1:37:00 and I was able to finish decently - without lagging or playing around (no excessive rest periods, etc).

Mostly - it's a good value, judging by the price I saw. For those who are new to all the preworkouts, this is a solid, safe pre that can grow with you. It's not massive-mind-blowing pumps, nor is it getting you jacked beyond belief; but covers the core and throws in some healthy stuff too. 40 scoops at that price is hard to find unless you go with something from the bottom shelf at wallyworld (and then you wouldn't be getting any quality), and still for the more experienced, or heavy hitters, you get a good all-around 20 scooper for less than most others.

Bottom Line: It's not one of my premium preworkouts, and I don't drink it for the flavor (wish they still made Orange Blast), but you can't beat what you get for the money and Universal is a reputable brand. Worth a shot.

Thanks again, Razor
    Last edited by InfiniteRecomp; 02-13-2018 at 02:40 PM.