Thread: Help Arm Day

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Help Arm Day

I have been thinking about adding an arm day. My current lifting schedule does nothing for my arms directly. I am looking for a simple program or suggestions to plug into what I am doing, I do not want to add anything to the Monday, or Friday work outs, sometimes it takes 2 hours to get through them..those days can be very taxing.

Monday: Snatch Day; warm up/technique, snatches, snatch-pulls, back squats, Accessory work: OH-presses or other shoulder work,

Wednesday: Bench Press 5/3/1-BBB, dips, rowing, optional conditioning

Friday: Clean and Jerk Day; warm up/ technique, clean and jerks, clean-pulls, front squats,Accessory work: more technique work and OH presses.

Sat or Sunday; Arm day, optional conditioning.

I dont know anything about hypertrophy or how to manipulate sets/reps or this exercise or that. At any rate this would be an optional day depending on how I am feeling, I would include some extra conditioning.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do some curl variety on wed after your back work. Rows or any back work generally works the biceps indirectly to some extent. Chin-ups or pull-ups would also be a good addition working both lats and biceps.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm old school. Throw in a few supersets couple times a week.

Bi's/tri's - any exercise.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Do some curl variety on wed after your back work. Rows or any back work generally works the biceps indirectly to some extent. Chin-ups or pull-ups would also be a good addition working both lats and biceps.
    Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    I'm old school. Throw in a few supersets couple times a week.

Bi's/tri's - any exercise.
    Thanks gents, that sound easier than adding another day. I am overthinking it.

Originally Posted by uksenior View Post
    pick some exercises you like doing, dont do any you dont like doing...
    Really, thats your secret?

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IDK much about oly lifting OP so I hesitate to even comment. But it looks like you are doing a lot of push work.

I'd think about something simple like chins and BB curls. Face pulls can be a good simple accessory too.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by uksenior View Post
    yes, if you like doing them you will do them properly and consistently, if you dont like doing them you will skip them and rush them when you do.
    Lol, that must be while all the people I see doing nothing but curls are so well developed everywhere. They like doing curls so much that it makes their legs grow....

HalfRightFACE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HalfRightFACE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HalfRightFACE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HalfRightFACE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HalfRightFACE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HalfRightFACE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HalfRightFACE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just do 4 sets of 12 for bis and Tris and increase the weight progressively.

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    IDK much about oly lifting OP so I hesitate to even comment. But it looks like you are doing a lot of push work.

I'd think about something simple like chins and BB curls. Face pulls can be a good simple accessory too.
    I am not so sure exactly how OLY training effects muscle groups, one thing for sure there is little to no eccentric, not a lot of time under tension, and I am supposed to try and stay in the same weight class (85kg) should I ever complete. But some of the modern lifters obviously take time to do an arm pump somehow....its something they never talk or write about.

Originally Posted by HalfRightFACE View Post
    Just do 4 sets of 12 for bis and Tris and increase the weight progressively.
    This is what I was kind of doing once in awhile, I did not have a policy of doing a set work out, it was just something I felt like doing towards the end of a training session.

Looking like I should add more arm work if I can to bench day, avoid making another day I suppose.

Once again thanks

CPW