Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    billybro is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink Losing Inches But Not Weight?

Hey guys and gals. So here’s my situation:

About 2 weeks ago, I switched up my exercises from splits (6x a week) to compound full body exercises (3x a week).

The others days I do HIIT cardio (sprinting). Before I’d only do LISS.

I started using MyFitnessPal and have been tracking EVERYTHING. My BMR is 1900 so I eat 1400 calories a day.

I also do intermittent fasting.

I have not lost ANY weight but I continually lose inches around my waist, arms and chest.

I have done research and apparently it’s because I’m gaining muscle while losing fat.

My question is: will the scale ever budge or will i stay the same weight (or gain) but continuously lose inches?

I know the scale isn’t the best way to measure progress but I am just curious.

Thanks for reading and answering!

P.s. I am a mid twenties male.

xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Height and weight???

Short answer is no, you're not losing weight because you're gaining muscle and losing fat. Are you weighing all your food with a food scale? Are you weighing yourself at exactly the same time every day and logging it? Weight fluctuates drastically day to day, so you should be weighing yourself at the same time each day and then averaging it over a 7 day period, then compare that first week to the average of the next 7 days, etc. Forget day by day and concentrate on week by week. Do this for 3-4 weeks and then re-evaluate your intake and activity level and adjust as necessary.

Whatever inches you're losing could be due to reduced bloating. 500 calories below your TDEE (not your BMR) should net a 1lb loss per week, which would not be noticeable with the tape measure for many, many weeks.
    Last edited by xsquid99; 01-13-2018 at 08:29 PM.
    The best weight loss and muscle building advice you will ever get:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0eWbk-0qdg

MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    You should never eat below your BMR, just below your tdee
    Squat- 325lbs x5
    Leg Press- 706lbs x9
    Bench- 210lbs x5
    Deadlift- 390lbs x7
    Overhead Press- 145lbs x5

billybro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh damn, you guys are right. I just looked it up. Damn, thanks!