Thread: HIIT heart rate

agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50)

HIIT heart rate

My first hiit session my hr got up to 209. I am assuming that is 100% for me and at 44 years old I am surprised it got that high. My question is, is that safe to do at each hiit session or should I not work so hard?

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by agrsiv View Post
    My first hiit session my hr got up to 209. I am assuming that is 100% for me and at 44 years old I am surprised it got that high. My question is, is that safe to do at each hiit session or should I not work so hard?
    How did you calculate it?
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) agrsiv will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hr monitor

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hr monitor
    Hmm, yeah. I believe that's kind of a flag right there. Do you know how to measure it by timing your pulse?

And more importantly than that, how did you personally feel?

I felt fine. I was obviously at my physical limit, but it dropped back down during my rest period. The only way I could get it to go that high was by sprinting. I have never been good at checking my own pulse.
    My resting hr is 60 if that matters.
    Last edited by agrsiv; 01-13-2018 at 07:49 PM.

I felt fine. I was obviously at my physical limit, but it dropped back down during my rest period. The only way I could get it to go that high was by sprinting. I have never been good at checking my own pulse.
    My resting hr is 60 if that matters.
    It's very possible that the monitor you have isn't accurate. That being the case, it can be over-stating or you might just have a high Vo2 capacity, considering that you weren't under duress.

To check your heart-rate with your pulse, you just count the beats as the clock moves six seconds, then multiply by 10. Since this was your first HIIT session, your heart might adapt and change a bit and be more comfortable the next session. In that case, it'd be a good idea to check what the HR monitor says and compare it to your hand-checked pulse.

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    It's very possible that the monitor you have isn't accurate. That being the case, it can be over-stating or you might just have a high Vo2 capacity, considering that you weren't under duress.

To check your heart-rate with your pulse, you just count the beats as the clock moves six seconds, then multiply by 10. Since this was your first HIIT session, your heart might adapt and change a bit and be more comfortable the next session. In that case, it'd be a good idea to check what the HR monitor says and compare it to your hand-checked pulse.
    I will have to try that

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    In a normally-healthy individual, one's maximum heart rate is pretty much self-regulating; IOW, your cardiovascular system will slow you down when it feels the need to do so, and with no subsequent problems. However, if you're still concerned, seek the advice of your doctor; if he feels you may have some underlying issue, he'll then refer you to a Cardiologist.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733