Closed Thread
    ReiraLovelss is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Why am I not seeing results in my stomach?

I'm 5'5 130 pounds 24 year female. I've been working with a personal trainer for about a month. I see him about once a week and I work out by myself for the 3 more days out of the week. My trainer writes a plan for me on the days I'm not with him. He changes it up every week and they are all full body circuits work outs. I've been doing everything he says. I work out 4 days a week sometimes 5. I use zumba as a cardio for an hour and then the circuits. The only difference I notice is in my arms. I barely noticing anything going on with my stomach. I eat clean the whole month and limited myself to 1500 calories so I don't understand why my stomach isn't changing? I lost a inch off my waist line but it went back after a week. I'm about to give up because I can't be wasting money on a personal trainer when I'm not getting the bikini body I'm aiming for and I'm seeing no results on my stomach.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My first guess based just on what you're telling us, is that your workouts aren't progressing enough to make your body adapt to it. It would be possible in that case to satisfy your trainer as an introduction to weights and fitness while still not using your body at it's potential.

Also, I'm curious about whether 1500 calories is adequate just for the amount of work you're saying you're doing. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't suffice for most males on this forum, bulking or cutting, so I would ask this at the nutrition forum as well.

Back on the trainer, and per my understanding, if the numbers are actually going up, then that's far better than nothing. It would certainly defeat the idea of giving up. I know this might sound tiresome or something, but working out is part of a lifestyle. Learning it takes many forms for different people, so I wouldn't feel at a personal loss if I were you. Also, I wouldn't want to throw general shade at personal training, but I'd imagine what I'm saying just now would kinda be a challenge for their job as well.

wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Did you lose weight during this time?
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172508601
    PR’s per January 2018
    Hibar squat: 160kg
    Paused bench: 115kg
    Deadlift: 185kg
    OHP: 77,5kg

FMH Crew, Euro Degenerate in SEA

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ReiraLovelss View Post
    I'm 5'5 130 pounds 24 year female. I've been working with a personal trainer for about a month. I see him about once a week and I work out by myself for the 3 more days out of the week. My trainer writes a plan for me on the days I'm not with him. He changes it up every week and they are all full body circuits work outs. I've been doing everything he says. I work out 4 days a week sometimes 5. I use zumba as a cardio for an hour and then the circuits. The only difference I notice is in my arms. I barely noticing anything going on with my stomach. I eat clean the whole month and limited myself to 1500 calories so I don't understand why my stomach isn't changing? I lost a inch off my waist line but it went back after a week. I'm about to give up because I can't be wasting money on a personal trainer when I'm not getting the bikini body I'm aiming for and I'm seeing no results on my stomach.
    Your stomach is an internal organ. Are you complaining of digestive isssues? If so, see a doctor.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733