matt99b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt99b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt99b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt99b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt99b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt99b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt99b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Newbie thinking about doing power lifting

Edit: Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum topic- I was wondering if powerlifting might solve this problem but then thought it might be better in the fat forum?

I have a huge problem with moobs (man boobs). Whenever I eat a balanced diet, any fat I eat seems to go at 1000kph straight onto my chest & add to the moobs. I'm not overweight... like a walking stick insect with moobs.

I'm talking about moob fat, not gyno. Although it looks similar to gyno. See my pics on profile.

Well I've had over 15 years dealing with this problem now. When I lose fat, it goes from everywhere else first and the moobs last. I have to literally get down to such a low fat content everywhere else in my body that u can almost see my rib cage before the moobs will even start to reduce. It's like the body just uses the moobs as the most important fat store for its survival.

I feel like a camal but with moobs instead of humps holding water.

I've tried weight lifting, running, push ups & angled push up weight bars & followed all the advice for excercises online for moobs. Nothing has worked. I've tried various diets & macros to no avail, even expensive food delivery services with fitness meals guaranteed to work. None of them worked because anything with any carbs or fat seems to go immediately to my moobs.

I tried aitkins which almost worked and after getting so thin everywhere else my body finally started to use up moob fat, but it wasn't healthy.

The only other way I've managed to almost get rid of them in the past was to be in a good happy place in my life (which is rare these days) and literally water fast for weeks. After the rest of my body starved & eventually reached such a low fat & muscle, the moobs were eventually begrudgingly forced to start being used as an energy source. It sounds extreme but that's what it took.

I'm never overweight really and look after my health. But my moobs are out of control. It isn't gyno, it's fat. And it's apparently not hormones- had them checked a few times.

This problem started years ago when I was in a stressful situation & they're now so low & saggy I don't think I'll ever get normal looking pecs again because the skin has been stretched for so long.

I've had my hormones tested with the GP but... all fine. I also had it done privately to be certain, at a later date.. all within normal range. I went for a moob gyno check at plastic surgery clinic.. a nurse with HUGE sagging boobs advised me I had none & refused to let me see the surgeon. :P

The more I work out on my upper chest the worse it all looks as it doesn't affect the fat content.

It seems like as soon as I do a balanced healthy diet with healthy amount of carbs and fat as recommended by body builders and fitness experts my moobs just lap up ALL the fat and carbs, and leave none for the rest of my body to use. I even feel exhausted because my moobs seem to leave no carbs available for the rest of my body for energy use!

Anyway I've not met anyone with this problem so I'm not sure I can expect any advice on here. My body is just messed up.

One thing I've noticed is that when I'm happy living in a safe & decent area with friends, the moobs seem to absorb less fat & muscle builds more quickly.. This suggests to me it could be stress hormone at play. However, I lost that relaxed lifestyle (and my moobs came back) pretty quickly.

I have had a tough life with only tiny excerpts of genuine happiness, because of many bad luck & living situations the last 25 years. I was in a good living situation for 6 months & my body started getting dramatically better. However, I've just landed living in another bad situation now and getting that old relaxed lifestyle back isn't an option for the foreseeable future unfortunately. Again.

The strange thing is even when my diet is the same, the moobs themselves seem to react to stress (they love it), as do my muscles (they don't grow when I'm not happy) Well I can't control the stress- I've tried to improve my life quality, but it can take years, only to end up in another bad situation just of a different type, and the cycle continues... meanwhile I'm not getting younger. Whether it be general things like constant noise at home or dangerous area or just living in a depressed angry cultured place. I've noticed this has a big impact on my moob factor. :/

The only times the moob issue solved itself was when I had a peaceful life in a good area. My struggle to get that kind of life back just continues indefinitely it seems, when I get it, I lose it very quickly... and after 25 years I just want to live now regardless of the **** I'm in. I just want these moobs gone. Before I'm so old I can't work out.

Right now I'm in a noisy depressed area. I have tried noise cancellation headphones almost every day, relaxing music / meditating etc. But the simple fact is the only thing that seems to work against the moobs is living in a decent area with local gyms & people who are willing / friendly enough to be friends with new comers. It's like my hormones are affected by stress.

That doesn't have to mean wealthy areas, it just means around a happy diverse accepting culture without 90dB motorway traffic noise in my home. Harder to find that one might expect. I have found it, but only in areas I can't afford. So I need another solution.

I'm not getting any younger, and being middle aged now and I'm wondering if I'll ever solve this moob problem.

They're like emotional fat absorbers that absorb even more at the worst times.

Im financially stuck here right now. Without winning the lottery, buying myself out of this current situation & moving to a chilled out area with accepting people & resources, I just wish there was another permanent & healthy way?!
    Last edited by matt99b; 01-21-2018 at 06:25 AM.

SixPackGoalz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by matt99b View Post
    Edit: Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum topic- I was wondering if powerlifting might solve this problem but then thought it might be better in the fat forum?

I have a huge problem with moobs (man boobs). Whenever I eat a balanced diet, any fat I eat seems to go at 1000kph straight onto my chest & add to the moobs. I'm not overweight... like a walking stick insect with moobs.

I'm talking about moob fat, not gyno. Although it looks similar to gyno. See my pics on profile.

Well I've had over 15 years dealing with this problem now. When I lose fat, it goes from everywhere else first and the moobs last. I have to literally get down to such a low fat content everywhere else in my body that u can almost see my rib cage before the moobs will even start to reduce. It's like the body just uses the moobs as the most important fat store for its survival.

I feel like a camal but with moobs instead of humps holding water.

I've tried weight lifting, running, push ups & angled push up weight bars & followed all the advice for excercises online for moobs. Nothing has worked. I've tried various diets & macros to no avail, even expensive food delivery services with fitness meals guaranteed to work. None of them worked because anything with any carbs or fat seems to go immediately to my moobs.

I tried aitkins which almost worked and after getting so thin everywhere else my body finally started to use up moob fat, but it wasn't healthy.

The only other way I've managed to almost get rid of them in the past was to be in a good happy place in my life (which is rare these days) and literally water fast for weeks. After the rest of my body starved & eventually reached such a low fat & muscle, the moobs were eventually begrudgingly forced to start being used as an energy source. It sounds extreme but that's what it took.

I'm never overweight really and look after my health. But my moobs are out of control. It isn't gyno, it's fat. And it's apparently not hormones- had them checked a few times.

This problem started years ago when I was in a stressful situation & they're now so low & saggy I don't think I'll ever get normal looking pecs again because the skin has been stretched for so long.

I've had my hormones tested with the GP but... all fine. I also had it done privately to be certain, at a later date.. all within normal range. I went for a moob gyno check at plastic surgery clinic.. a nurse with HUGE sagging boobs advised me I had none & refused to let me see the surgeon. :P

The more I work out on my upper chest the worse it all looks as it doesn't affect the fat content.

It seems like as soon as I do a balanced healthy diet with healthy amount of carbs and fat as recommended by body builders and fitness experts my moobs just lap up ALL the fat and carbs, and leave none for the rest of my body to use. I even feel exhausted because my moobs seem to leave no carbs available for the rest of my body for energy use!

Anyway I've not met anyone with this problem so I'm not sure I can expect any advice on here. My body is just messed up.

One thing I've noticed is that when I'm happy living in a safe & decent area with friends, the moobs seem to absorb less fat & muscle builds more quickly.. This suggests to me it could be stress hormone at play. However, I lost that relaxed lifestyle (and my moobs came back) pretty quickly.

I have had a tough life with only tiny excerpts of genuine happiness, because of many bad luck & living situations the last 25 years. I was in a good living situation for 6 months & my body started getting dramatically better. However, I've just landed living in another bad situation now and getting that old relaxed lifestyle back isn't an option for the foreseeable future unfortunately. Again.

The strange thing is even when my diet is the same, the moobs themselves seem to react to stress (they love it), as do my muscles (they don't grow when I'm not happy) Well I can't control the stress- I've tried to improve my life quality, but it can take years, only to end up in another bad situation just of a different type, and the cycle continues... meanwhile I'm not getting younger. Whether it be general things like constant noise at home or dangerous area or just living in a depressed angry cultured place. I've noticed this has a big impact on my moob factor. :/

The only times the moob issue solved itself was when I had a peaceful life in a good area. My struggle to get that kind of life back just continues indefinitely it seems, when I get it, I lose it very quickly... and after 25 years I just want to live now regardless of the **** I'm in. I just want these moobs gone. Before I'm so old I can't work out.

Right now I'm in a noisy depressed area. I have tried noise cancellation headphones almost every day, relaxing music / meditating etc. But the simple fact is the only thing that seems to work against the moobs is living in a decent area with local gyms & people who are willing / friendly enough to be friends with new comers. It's like my hormones are affected by stress.

That doesn't have to mean wealthy areas, it just means around a happy diverse accepting culture without 90dB motorway traffic noise in my home. Harder to find that one might expect. I have found it, but only in areas I can't afford. So I need another solution.

I'm not getting any younger, and being middle aged now and I'm wondering if I'll ever solve this moob problem.

They're like emotional fat absorbers that absorb even more at the worst times.

Im financially stuck here right now. Without winning the lottery, buying myself out of this current situation & moving to a chilled out area with accepting people & resources, I just wish there was another permanent & healthy way?!
    Ive been in the same place, I need your stats and body fat percentage. You probably lack muscle mass hence you are "Skinny fat" I have been in the same place as you and cut and I just looked like a stick with moobs but since I bulked up got stronger i am happy with how I look, I had gyno when I first started but getting stronger at bench and db bench press grew my pecs to the point now that they look alot better and you can't even notice the gyno! you probably need to bulk up and gain mass while focusing on strength, get on a novice 5x5 program and milk the gains. A good first goal is to reach 100kg on the bench, 140 on the squat and 180 on the deadlift to reach the intermediate stage of course this depends on your leverages,genetics and weight but you can get within that range as a novice lifter!