AlmightyJoker is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I’m a little confused

So I’ve been researching a lot. Most sites says that a male should not eat over 1500 calories to lose weight. ( I was eating 1200 before the research and wasn’t losing which is why I started). Is it true if I up my calories just that little bit I’ll start losing? It doesn’t make since to me

Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AlmightyJoker View Post
    So I’ve been researching a lot. Most sites says that a male should not eat over 1500 calories to lose weight. ( I was eating 1200 before the research and wasn’t losing which is why I started). Is it true if I up my calories just that little bit I’ll start losing? It doesn’t make since to me
    You'll want to determine how many calories it takes to maintain your current weight, and subtract from that number.

Are you engaging in resistance training?

I walk/jog on treadmill for about 30mins everyday, do 50 push ups a day and I work in a restaurant so I’m never sitting still. I’m not really sure how to calculate it but I assumed with 1200 calories I should lose weight. I’m kinda new to the weight loss thing but I just kinda take what I read and roll with it

Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
    You'll want to determine how many calories it takes to maintain your current weight, and subtract from that number.

Are you engaging in resistance training?
    If you could recommend some beginners work out I’m more then willing to try it out

formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What's your heigh/weight? If you are in fact 22, 1200 definitely seems too low. There's now magical number -- as noted above it'll take some trial and error to find out your maintenance calories and then you can take a little from that

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

NUTRITION

This is the largest factor in your success, learn the basics to get started and then move into more advanced if needed.

BASICS
    Spoiler!

Sources and More Information

TRAINING

Start with a solid beginner routine, these are designed to get the most for you; they are designed by professionals and use progressive overload. Read through them and pick the one you like most, follow it as it is written.

Why You Should Not Make Your Own Routine
    How To Perform Basic Lifts

Routines
    Starting Strength
    BabyLover's Starting Strength
    AllPro's Beginner Routine
    StrongLifts 5x5
    IceCream Fitness 5x5
    Fierce 5
    Coolcicada's Push Pull Legs

Calisthenics routines
    Spoiler!

SUPPLEMENTS

Remember one thing, supplements are only that; they supplement something and are never meant to be replacements. A multivitamin will not replace fruits and vegetables, a fat burner will not replace a caloric deficit, and a meal replacement is not meant to be your only source of calories.

This is a brief run down of the 'basics', for further breakdowns of specific ingredients (like Yohimbe, Forskolin, Glycerol, ect) more research on your part would be needed.

Protein
    Spoiler!

Multi-Vitamins
    Spoiler!

Fish Oil
    Spoiler!

Creatine
    Spoiler!

BCAAs
    Spoiler!

Fat Burners
    Spoiler!

Pre-Workouts
    Spoiler!

Meal Replacements/Mass Gainer
    Spoiler!

CLA
    Spoiler!

Glutamine
    Spoiler!
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Originally Posted by formicaman View Post
    What's your heigh/weight? If you are in fact 22, 1200 definitely seems too low. There's now magical number -- as noted above it'll take some trial and error to find out your maintenance calories and then you can take a little from that
    I’m 22 5’8 and 200 pounds

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wherever you read this, stop reading it. Read gbullocks post above.

There's no way you were eating 1200 cals and not losing weight. You need get your tracking in check.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dipatel13 View Post
    Wherever you read this, stop reading it. Read gbullocks post above.

There's no way you were eating 1200 cals and not losing weight. You need get your tracking in check.
    He probably misread it. Many websites say that males trying to lose weight should not eat less than 1500 calories a day.

In any event, OP needs to get consistent with his diet. He's eating too much.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Thank you all for the advice it’s cleared up a few things for me. One last question tho. So I’m thinking of picking up the push day and leg day from the routine above should I do the every other day ( like Monday Wednesday Friday push then tues thurs sat leg)? How often should I do this so I don’t tire myself out I guess is the question

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you all for the advice it’s cleared up a few things for me. One last question tho. So I’m thinking of picking up the push day and leg day from the routine above should I do the every other day ( like Monday Wednesday Friday push then tues thurs sat leg)? How often should I do this so I don’t tire myself out I guess is the question
    Don't do a portion of the routine. Pick one of the above and follow it as written, don't try to change it up yourself. As a beginner, a full body program is pretty good, look into Fierce 5.