Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417

Thread: Weight gain

BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Weight gain

Been losing weight for quite a while now and I came across some confusion on my weight gain as of recent. I changed my lifting plan to the MaxHype routine and been on it since Monday. I have been eating 2300 calories a day, in which I weigh practically all of my food, so I know I am eating around that caloric mark each day. Macros are perfectly set and what not. The past couple days I have been weighing heavier by a couple pounds. Is this due to my change in lifting routine? I also understand that weight doesn't directly correlate with fat, so I'm not stressing out about it.

xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No, your lifting routine doesn't make you heavier day to day... Weight fluctuates, sometimes a lot depending on what you eat, especially high sodium foods which tend to make you retain a lot of water.

Don't worry about day to day on the scale. In order to get an accurate weight you weigh yourself at the same time each day (first thing every morning after you use the toilet), then take the average over a 7 day period. Then do the same the following week, and the next, etc, and then you can see what your weight is really doing week to week, not day to day.
    The best weight loss and muscle building advice you will ever get:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0eWbk-0qdg

Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Couple days could just be water retention. How steadily had you been losing weight prior to this and for how long?

You say you weigh 'practically all' of your food, what aren't you weighing? Cooking oils can add up fast. The more accurate you can be with your counting the more honest you can be with yourself on your progress.

BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    No, your lifting routine doesn't make you heavier day to day... Weight fluctuates, sometimes a lot depending on what you eat, especially high sodium foods which tend to make you retain a lot of water.

Don't worry about day to day on the scale. In order to get an accurate weight you weigh yourself at the same time each day (first thing every morning after you use the toilet), then take the average over a 7 day period. Then do the same the following week, and the next, etc, and then you can see what your weight is really doing week to week, not day to day.
    That's what I have been doing for a year now, but this is the first time in a 12-month span that my weight has fluctuated high for more than two days. Prior to this my fluctuations were only around 1-1.5 pounds per day. I have started eating Tilapia that I meal prepped with salt and other seasonings, so that may be a reason!

Originally Posted by Kreytus View Post
    Couple days could just be water retention. How steadily had you been losing weight prior to this and for how long?

You say you weigh 'practically all' of your food, what aren't you weighing? Cooking oils can add up fast. The more accurate you can be with your counting the more honest you can be with yourself on your progress.
    Been loosing weight since January 9th, 2017. I have lost around 60 or so pounds, but I took a hiatus for Winter Break due to being on vacation. Gained 6-7 pounds and now I am back in the caloric deficit. Started eating good again Sunday, January 7th.

I weigh all the food that needs to be weighed. Oils, butter, meats, carbs, etc. Only things I do not weigh are pre-packaged items like Poptarts (part of my 20% of foods that I eat to satisfy cravings), etc. Put it this way, I bring my food scale out to eat with me lol

philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BFeinstein View Post
    That's what I have been doing for a year now, but this is the first time in a 12-month span that my weight has fluctuated high for more than two days. Prior to this my fluctuations were only around 1-1.5 pounds per day. I have started eating Tilapia that I meal prepped with salt and other seasonings, so that may be a reason!
    Damn son, count yourself lucky. I yoyo literally every single week, just take the running average for the week and as long as the overall trend looks good, you're golden
    "Through Calorie-counting all things are possible" : Phil 19:26

Yeah man, I know. After reading up, I see myself as one of the few with little weight fluctuations. Guess I just got worried as it was my first time encountering it! Regardless, I know weight gain doesn’t directly correlate with fat gain, and I’m not in the to just “lose weight!”

xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xsquid99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My scale jumped up like 4 lbs after my Christmas day feast, it took nearly 5 days to right itself again... In the end it all balances out...
    The best weight loss and muscle building advice you will ever get:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0eWbk-0qdg