Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417

Thread: Callus tear

tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Callus tear

Okay. So this isn't really an injury, but I guess this is the best place on the site. Anyways...I have had a callus that I tore roughly a month ago deadlifting. I was sick a couple times in the last month so its been a long time since I have been to the gym. This week was my first week back. My callus was mostly healed. I deadlifted yesterday and it tore again. I powerlift and gloves aren't allowed in competition and I like the feeling of the bar in my hand so I would rather not wear gloves, but I will if its my only option. I thought almost a month would be long enough for it to heal. What should I do? 1. I don't want to get blood on the equipment and 2. I don't want to get an infection. My gym got a bunch of new bars recently and their grips are so good that they tear up my hands whenever I deadlift. Thank you for the help.

Gwybodaeth is just really nice. (+1000) Gwybodaeth is just really nice. (+1000) Gwybodaeth is just really nice. (+1000) Gwybodaeth is just really nice. (+1000) Gwybodaeth is just really nice. (+1000) Gwybodaeth is just really nice. (+1000) Gwybodaeth is just really nice. (+1000) Gwybodaeth is just really nice. (+1000) Gwybodaeth is just really nice. (+1000) Gwybodaeth is just really nice. (+1000) Gwybodaeth is just really nice. (+1000)
    Buy some liquid bandaid solution (elastoplast sell some, I believe) and spray it on your hand before your go to the gym. Use straps when you deadlift. The liquid stuff is pretty tough and won't wash off with sweat, and the straps will allow you to deadlift whilst your hand heals.

foresail will become famous soon enough. (+50) foresail will become famous soon enough. (+50) foresail will become famous soon enough. (+50) foresail will become famous soon enough. (+50) foresail will become famous soon enough. (+50) foresail will become famous soon enough. (+50) foresail will become famous soon enough. (+50) foresail will become famous soon enough. (+50) foresail will become famous soon enough. (+50) foresail will become famous soon enough. (+50) foresail will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When in the same situation, I completely remove the callus and use a pumice stone to smooth rough edges. I cover the wound with an antiseptic and regular band-aids. Liquid bandages or tape works fine too. When the area stops feeling tender, I start working out again. The body does it's thing continuing to heal and to rebuild the callus.

Taking off a long time as you did grows new soft pink skin which tears easily. A callus is a thick layer of dead cells. This is built through repetitive friction and pressure.

Since you compete in powerlifting, suggest asking this question in the Powerlifting/Strongman forum. They may know tricks in how to save the callus or rebuild a new one much quicker.

tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you.