pk54 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

17M 240lb 2600Cal??

I met with a nutritionist today, and he has me on a “lean gain” meal plan that will have me gain muscle while losing fat, which seems like everyone is saying it’s impossible.

It’s 2600 calories, 212gm protein, 324gm carbs, 66gm fats.

I’m going to be lifting every other day staggering with like 30mins of cardio for days I don’t lift.

This is what he told me to do in order to get pretty lean in about 3 months...
    What do you experts think? I’m 6’2” and I’ve had an absolute insane amount of motivation I just need direction.
    Last edited by pk54; 01-12-2018 at 04:19 PM.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As a beginner you have a window where doing both simultaneously is possible and reasonably efficient. However efficiency will drop the longer you train and diet. At a certain point you will have to choose one goal: cutting or bulking. People who are overweight can also accomplish both with reasonable efficiency. If you're training hard you'll have to choose to bulk or cut within a few months.

I'm not keen on the amount of total calories, i think it's a bit too low. But, depending on how credentialed and intelligent your nutritionist is he/she can adjust your calories as needed. What it sounds like is they are leaning towards a crash diet-esque plan where you cut super hard for 3 months to see results then slow down. It can work sure, but the problem lies if you want to continue to cut you'll be lowering calories to levels not healthy, or you'll have to reverse diet. Or, worst case scenario, you gain it all back.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Thanks for the tip, a similar situation happened to me where I got to like 220 then put it all back on + more.
    And now I’m on track to getting back.

I will definitely take advantage of that newbie gain, though I used to lift a ton and then stopped for a bit and recently got back into it the last few weeks and I have already seen results.

After my “newbie gains” fade what should I do? Cut more? Wouldn’t that just get rid of the muscles I had just gotten? Sorry fir dumb questions, your reply was very helpful.

MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by pk54 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, a similar situation happened to me where I got to like 220 then put it all back on + more.

I will definitely take advantage of that newbie gain, though I used to lift a ton and then stopped for a bit and recently got back into it the last few weeks and I have already seen results.

After my “newbie gains” fade what should I do? Cut more? Wouldn’t that just get rid of the muscles I had just gotten? Sorry fir dumb questions, your reply was very helpful.
    If you’re 240 I’d assume your probably overweight?? Bulking would not be a good idea then

I meant in the future after I’ve shaved off pounds and the newbie gains won’t work anymore.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pk54 View Post

Cutting doesn't mean you lose all your hard-earned muscle. A slow cut with adequate protein will result in minimal muscle loss. If you can lift hard now, get to about 13% body fat or so then i would consider a lean bulk. I'd advise not going over 15% or 16% body fat, just makes cutting a lot easier if you don't go too yolo on your bulk.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners