lilMayham66 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

new to supplements

as i am a new user of any kind of supplements what are good stacks for pre/post work supplements i need all the help i can get its so overwhelming thank you for any help you can give

b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b_andersson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you like some boost; take a PWO or just some coffee. Post workout; eat a meal or a protein shake.

Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lilMayham66 View Post
    as i am a new user of any kind of supplements what are good stacks for pre/post work supplements i need all the help i can get its so overwhelming thank you for any help you can give
    Welcome to the forums! What you'll hear from most members, even though this is a supplement forum, that nutrition and workout program is 95% of the battle (probably 90% nutrition alone if you have a decent program).

I'd recommend visiting the nutrition forum and checking out the stickies that tons of information on calculating calorie needs and macros first. Once you have a good nutritional base and a good workout program you can explore supplements.

All that being said... some overall health oriented supps you could entertain would be:

- Fish Oil (make sure you get 2g of EPA/DHA per day)
    - Protein Powder (for days when you are short on protein intake from whole foods.)
    - Creatine (5g per day, no loading necessary. Any creatine mono is fine and it's super cheap)

Good luck!
    In Search of Cheap Agmatine Caps

Entropia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Entropia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Entropia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Entropia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Entropia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Entropia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Entropia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Entropia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Entropia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Entropia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Entropia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Creatine, fish/krill oil, and a decent multivitamin taken daily unless you've got your diet dialed in perfectly. Which is very few of us.

I prefer meals over shakes for my protein/BCAA's, but those work if pressed for time.

Dont care much for PWO's, but C4 doesn't taste like absolute chit and gives me sustainable energy if I'm lagging on gym days.

BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Deadliftin View Post
    Welcome to the forums! What you'll hear from most members, even though this is a supplement forum, that nutrition and workout program is 95% of the battle (probably 90% nutrition alone if you have a decent program).

I'd recommend visiting the nutrition forum and checking out the stickies that tons of information on calculating calorie needs and macros first. Once you have a good nutritional base and a good workout program you can explore supplements.

All that being said... some overall health oriented supps you could entertain would be:

- Fish Oil (make sure you get 2g of EPA/DHA per day)
    - Protein Powder (for days when you are short on protein intake from whole foods.)
    - Creatine (5g per day, no loading necessary. Any creatine mono is fine and it's super cheap)

Good luck!
    ^^this

And just remember it’s a learning process. Figure out what your goals are and adjust your needs to suit them.
    Dad
    Poolboy
    Volunteer Firefighter
    Swole enough to be dangerous

mousaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I highly recommend focusing on the diet first for at least a couple of month before adding ay kind of supplements just to get ur body getting used it. then start thinking about adding a supplement that will help u reach ur goal

Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well if you want the super basic I would say caffeine pre workout and creatine (3-5g) any time daily.
    That would run you maybe $30 per year haha

If you have more budget to play with you can try out a pre-workout product, definitely still grab some creatine or a product containing it, fish oil is good but I don't tend to suggest it to someone looking for workout supplements, more "general health" if you want to invest some of your budget into that category.

Protein would be your next consideration and it is entirely dependent on your current diet if you would benefit from it. if you are consuming enough through whole foods you can save your money, it won't out-perform whole foods in the big picture.
    PEScience representative and associate.
    Feel free to PM or email me with any and all associated questions.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/physique-enhancing-science.html
    https://pescience.com/insider

Instagram- Whey2Bake

Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You will get a lot of different answers based on your current goals & nutrition.

Can you provide a little more detail about yourself?

For me personally, some of my staples include protein, creatine, fish oil, and a multi.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Lead Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

HealthBioLabs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You are going to get a very wide range of answers. I would try a couple things out and see if they work and then go from there. Protein shakes seem to be the popular answer though.

TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Driven2liftv2 View Post
    Well if you want the super basic I would say caffeine pre workout and creatine (3-5g) any time daily.
    That would run you maybe $30 per year haha

If you have more budget to play with you can try out a pre-workout product, definitely still grab some creatine or a product containing it, fish oil is good but I don't tend to suggest it to someone looking for workout supplements, more "general health" if you want to invest some of your budget into that category.

Protein would be your next consideration and it is entirely dependent on your current diet if you would benefit from it. if you are consuming enough through whole foods you can save your money, it won't out-perform whole foods in the big picture.
    I will echo this reply. Creatine (cheap & effective), fish oil (2-3g of combined EPA/DHA daily) and protein powder (if you can not meet your protein requirements through whole food sources).
    Could also look into a multivitamin if you do not feel like you eat a balanced diet and are lacking some micronutrients, a preworkout if energy is need and Vitamin D3.
    Instagram - beyond__fitness__