Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by uksenior View Post
    I dont understand the point of being overly strong, we have lots of lifting aids in this day and age, why is being very strong an advantage in everyday life?
    When your 90 and decline quickly when you are sick you will have more reserves.

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post

For myself, regardless of how long I live, I hope my death is a tragedy, rather than being a relief after a long experience of a living tragedy. The best way to ensure that is to keep living well, if that's at all possible, up until the last minute. And that will require active and continuous intervention.
    A oft held belief of many health professionals.
    A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Muhammad Ali

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JediRN View Post
    A oft held belief of many health professionals.
    I don't think I was clear. didn't mean medical intervention, I mean active maintenance of my health and intervention in the natural, lazy desire to just let things go. It means eating well and exercising as long as physically possible.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JediRN View Post
    When your 90 and decline quickly when you are sick you will have more reserves.
    I think there's a good argument to be made that had I not spent a couple of years building up strength reserves (and a couple of months building up fat reserves) prior to my cancer treatment I may not have survived it. Once that first feeding tube failed things pretty much started falling apart in general due to lack of nutrition.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think I was clear. didn't mean medical intervention, I mean active maintenance of my health and intervention in the natural, lazy desire to just let things go. It means eating well and exercising as long as physically possible.
    I think there's a good argument to be made that had I not spent a couple of years building up strength reserves (and a couple of months building up fat reserves) prior to my cancer treatment I may not have survived it. Once that first feeding tube failed things pretty much started falling apart in general due to lack of nutrition.

That's what I mean. People who have tried to live healthy and have good physiological reserves do a lot better in acute care situation.

50% of the reason why I am trying to put on muscle is so that I'll have it to lose if and when that time comes.
    A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Muhammad Ali

Originally Posted by uksenior View Post
    who wants to live to 90?
    Joe

Muhammad Ali

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    then why are you worried about it ?
    The shear psychological aspect of it. Example if I am squatting 315lbs for reps of 8 to 10 as a mass/hypertrophy routine and it has been working for me, how will I mentally prepare myself if start to drop and then find myself only able to do 180lbs for reps.

Will the psychological behavior then affect the physical aspect of it? Because in hindsight if 180lbs is all I can muster (due to my physical limitation) for 8-10 reps then I would be putting in the same effort as I was when my physical limitation allowed me to do 315lbs for 8 - 10. But and this is the net net of it, will the drop in weight fck with my head enough to affect my build...
    On the list for Bannukah