Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    leanansidhe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face Photoshoot prep, 20 days out.

This may not be the best place to post this question, but I'm hoping to gather as many 'end of cut' tips from ladies who have been doing this for a while.

Basically I'm prepping for a large bikini shoot and cutting while also attempting to maintain as much muscle as possible. While this isn't a 'competition' the same prep ideas apply.

I'm 5'3, 125 lbs, and 18% bodyfat and following a strict keto diet.
    Currently I'm lifting, heavy as I can, 4-5 days a week following workouts with 30-60 minutes of steady state cardio since I suck at HITT training.

I eat roughly 1300-1500 daily.

Also, if I integrate intermittent fasting; should I do fasted cardio, eat, and then lift? Or is it safe to do cardio and lift fasted?

Any advice helps!

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    While I can't help in relation to a bikini prep or anything similar as I still haven't even gotten to 25% bodyfat, I'll give my perspective from having done cardio/lifting training in a deficit a fair amount of my journey with fitness.

For me, if training is in the morning, to close to noon, it's going to be fasted. I've never been big on eating in the morning anyways. My runs when training for a 10k were early morning and on nothing more than maybe at max a very small energy drink (don't want to have the run interrupted for bathroom breaks). If later in day, usually need some food though doesn't have to be right before.

However, if I train cardio and lifting close together and don't separate them on by several hours on the rare times I've done them together, I do lifting first then cardio. Today, in fact, I did my upper body lifting session, then did 30 minutes of cardio. I only do cardio before lifting if one is in the morning and the other is in the evening in order to make sure I'm putting the most effort I can into the weight training while able to also focus on form.

I'm in a cut that's around a similar calorie point (I'm a few inches shorter) but haven't had problems with my training even when working on peak cycles for powerlifting. However, your experience may be different. Depends on how you feel and what works best to give you enough energy to keep pushing through your workouts.
    Gym Max: 225/126/285
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    FYI:

There are no intrinsic benefits to intermittent fasting, or keto, or "fasted cardio". If you prefer doing all these things then have it, but they provide no benefit over just eating at a caloric deficit/doing your cardio any time of the day.

Its "safe" to lift fasted but may not be optimal, certainly its not going to be optimal to lift after you've done your cardio.

You say you're eating "roughly 1300-1500 daily"- this roughly 1300-1500 daily. a grey area. If you're struggling to make progress on your cut, then this is the first place i'd look.

The second place i'd look is your routine. You say "Currently I'm lifting, heavy as I can" - What routine are you following? Is it well balanced? Does it focus on progressive overload?
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

Partyrocking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Partyrocking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Partyrocking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Partyrocking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Partyrocking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Partyrocking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Partyrocking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Partyrocking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Partyrocking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Partyrocking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Partyrocking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    IF won't help you lose fat any faster. It can help some people with appetite suppression/staying consistent, but that's the only benefit.

It's not unsafe to train fasted, but you *may* get better results training fed. If you've been doing fed training up until this point, I would keep training that way. 20 days out is not the best time to start making major changes to your routine.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 355/185/380
    Best Meet lifts: 352.7/181.6/407.8,
    Best Wilks=370.84
    USAPL Raw New Jersey Record Holder Squat, Deadlift (as of 7/30/16)
    Goals: 365/200/425

leanansidhe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I track daily and my adverage for this week in Cronometer is 1251.

Right now I'm following a plan that trains glute 3x per week and upper body once or twice.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The main focus when prepping is proper calorie deficit and giving yourself enough time to get lean. Combine that with a heavy lifting program to preserve the muscle.

It's important that you feeling good and able to perform at your best when dieting down. All these little things you mention are more of a personal preference and that's something you play around with to see what suits you.
    Over 40 bb of the week - http://www.bodybuilders.com/kimberly-lachance.html

National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Over35 Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159462681

Registered User SoutheastBeast1's Avatar
    SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’m a guy so not 100% sure how much prepping differs for girls so take the following advice with that in mind.

But for me leading in to comps/shoots...

Reduce water intake a few days leading in to the shoot if you’re trying to have a harder look.

For eating front load carbs at the beginning of the final week leading in to the shoot and taper them down until 2 days before. Bump the back up a little the day before

I then tend to eat and drink little the day of the shoot or else I feel like I hold more water than I want

I keep my training normal all the way up to the event with the exception of making sure my last leg day is at least 3 or 4 days prior to avoid soreness. This is more for comps than shoots I suppose.

Part of all the advice above is knowing your body and how it responds to changes though. Good luck with your shoot
    Professional Misc Rustler

"But the people we saved, they're our legacy. And they'll remember us and then I guess we'll eventually fade away too. But that's fine. Cause we left the world better than we found it, ya know."
    -Sam Winchester

kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
    This may not be the best place to post this question, but I'm hoping to gather as many 'end of cut' tips from ladies who have been doing this for a while.

Basically I'm prepping for a large bikini shoot and cutting while also attempting to maintain as much muscle as possible. While this isn't a 'competition' the same prep ideas apply.

I'm 5'3, 125 lbs, and 18% bodyfat and following a strict keto diet.
    Currently I'm lifting, heavy as I can, 4-5 days a week following workouts with 30-60 minutes of steady state cardio since I suck at HITT training.

I eat roughly 1300-1500 daily.

Also, if I integrate intermittent fasting; should I do fasted cardio, eat, and then lift? Or is it safe to do cardio and lift fasted?

Any advice helps!
    Lifting 5 days per week in caloric deficit is a very suspect idea. Standard recommendation is to reduce frequency to 4 or even 3 lifting days and reduce volume due to crappy recovery in caloric deficit, so that you can preserve your lifts.

Sucking at HIIT may be a very good reason to do HIIT, and may be an indicator that it will be very effective. You can start slower and shorter duration, while still doing steady state couple of times weekly.

IF, fasted cardio and lifting appear to be very individual things that many people swear work better for them one way or the other. As is the Keto diet.

Protein requirement goes up also as you reduce calories and get leaner, remember that. Even on Keto. 1g/lb minimum when in deficit. More is better.