mlfen7780 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Eliptical recommendations for tall person w/low ceiling

I am a 6'2 male and live in a condo where all rooms are 7.5 (90 inches) feet tall. I am looking for an eliptical that's $999 or less. Are there any good ones that will allow me to fit without my head going through the ceiling? I also have somewhat bad knees and need it to have a good stride length.

buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddy0329 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mlfen7780 View Post
    I am a 6'2 male and live in a condo where all rooms are 7.5 (90 inches) feet tall. I am looking for an eliptical that's $999 or less. Are there any good ones that will allow me to fit without my head going through the ceiling? I also have somewhat bad knees and need it to have a good stride length.
    I had similar issues when I bought an elliptical for the basement a couple of years ago. 92" to the floor joists above me and I'm 5'11" The Precor EFX447 I bought works for me and I have enough clearance. I was having knee issues too which is why I wanted to add an elliptical. Octane had a couple of options that needed less height but they are just as spendy as Precor and I thought the stride was terrible. Honestly, I don't think a lot of the the cheaper ellipticals are worth buying; none of them seemed like they would hold up and most of their strides were bad, The Precor felt the most 'natural' at least for me.

As far as knees go, mine seem to respond favorably to the Concept 2 rower just as well as to the elliptical since the rower provides no impact extension and flexion to promote blood flow. I like the rower so much I'm considering adding their skierg to the basement too. As a general recommendation though, my knees have never felt better since I restarted barbell training again (squats & deadlifts).

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Octane is the lowest I’ve seen . But there expensive, but I see used ones available every so often
    Make Misc great again

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I recommend you try out and see if you how the eliptical feels when you're using it if possible. As well as check for your height requirements. When I was looking , I found several brands/styles that I didn't care for. We ended up finding a great deal on a commercial LifeFitness that both of us like very well.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel