Thread: warm-up help

5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50)

warm-up help

hi all,

need some warm-up advice. had success with the 3x5 Compound Exercises. I follow warmupreps.com and it has helped tremendously (knock on wood)

However, the 3x10 lifts are up and down. I don't have a warmup "template" for it. I usually just do a couple of 20lb DBs since it's the 2nd and 3rd lift of the day.

anyway, my Push Day looks like this:

1 Bench - 3x5 (barx10; 50%x5; 70%x3; 90%x2....3x5 working sets)
    2 Seated DB Press - 3x10
    3 Incline DB Press - 3x10
    4-6 Accessories

Not sure if it's because of the heavy (for me) Bench or I'm not warming up well or enough. Figured after Bench I'd be fully warmed up

thanks

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 5penn View Post
    hi all,

need some warm-up advice. had success with the 3x5 Compound Exercises. I follow warmupreps.com and it has helped tremendously (knock on wood)

However, the 3x10 lifts are up and down. I don't have a warmup "template" for it. I usually just do a couple of 20lb DBs since it's the 2nd and 3rd lift of the day.

anyway, my Push Day looks like this:

1 Bench - 3x5 (barx10; 50%x5; 70%x3; 90%x2....3x5 working sets)
    2 Seated DB Press - 3x10
    3 Incline DB Press - 3x10
    4-6 Accessories

Not sure if it's because of the heavy (for me) Bench or I'm not warming up well or enough. Figured after Bench I'd be fully warmed up

thanks
    You are probably warmed up after your bench sets. Acclimation sets for a different movement are still beneficial to myself, but I don't think to much about a formula. I just ramp the weight up set to set on accessories. Sometimes I am weaker for whatever reason and I might lose some reps on my final set(s). My ramp up sets are heavy enough to cause some fatigue on accessories, but not nearing failure. Its probably individual to an extent for higher rep sets. The other thing is training to a rep range is very real to me, If I train to 10 rep sets I get stronger at 10 rep sets, if I train to 5 rep sets I get stronger on 5 rep sets...I try to hit a variety of rep ranges/intensities....

5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    You are probably warmed up after your bench sets. Acclimation sets for a different movement are still beneficial to myself, but I don't think to much about a formula. I just ramp the weight up set to set on accessories. Sometimes I am weaker for whatever reason and I might lose some reps. My ramp up sets are heavy enough to cause some fatigue on accessories, but not nearing failure. Its probably individual to an extent for higher rep sets. The other thing is training to a rep range is very real to me, If I train to 10 rep sets I get stringer at 10 rep sets, if I train to 5 rep sets I get stronger on 5 rep sets...I try to hit a variety of rep ranges/intensities....
    Thanks PP. "training to a rep range" is what I'm basically doing on the 3x10 (if i understand that correctly). new weight will start with 3x8 1st week regardless if I think i can hit 10..then so on and so forth

Problem is there are days I could only do 6-7 reps on the last set.....

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 5penn View Post
    Thanks PP. "training to a rep range" is what I'm basically doing on the 3x10 (if i understand that correctly). new weight will start with 3x8 1st week regardless if I think i can hit 10..then so on and so forth

Problem is there are days I could only do 6-7 reps on the last set.....
    When you are working hard to get your last few reps with good form, there will be "good days" and "bad days". Just keep working your progression, and over time you will gradually get stronger, add weight to the bar and move further upwards. I Occasionally change the order of accessory exercises and that can really drop my desired reps down a few notches. Sounds like you are doing it right...

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    When you are working hard to get your last few reps with good form, there will be "good days" and "bad days". Just keep working your progression, and over time you will gradually get stronger, add weight to the bar and move further upwards. I Occasionally change the order of accessory exercises and that can really drop my desired reps down a few notches. Sounds like you are doing it right...
    Appreciate the help and push. Thanks....