FilthyCasual0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Have a look please.

My aim to to gain some muscle but not go overboard with it, currently sitting at 15-17% BF at 195lbs at 6ft 1in.

My target macros based on advice on the forums and articles is 250g of protein, 300g of Carbs and 65g of fats
    I can eat this on a daily basis:

600g chicken Breast
    400g+ mashed potato
    4 slices of white bread + 60g of peanut butter
    300g of brown long grain rice + 1 Onion
    1 scoop Protein shake

My calculations tell me that this is 3005 calories, 252g of protein and 303g of carbs with 67g of fat
    This is all based on available foods in my local supermarket

Is this enough or too little of certain things? or is it wrong? I'd appreciate some more advice, thanks!

Registered User michaelbrianinc's Avatar
    michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Seems off.

First find out what your TDEE is. Then add 500 calories to that for bulking.

Protein should be anywhere between 0.8 - 1.5 g per bodyweight lb.
    Fats should be anywhere between 15-30%.
    The rest fall in to carbs.

To calculate each for how many calories -

Protein total grams X 4 = total calories

Fats - Total % you choose X total calories you're aiming for = total calories

Then take the total you got for P and Fats and subtract those from total calories.

That will determine your carb calories.

You don't necessarily need more then 1 g per bw lb for protein. You can aim slightly higher, but over eating protein will do nothing but make your kidneys work harder.

FilthyCasual0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by michaelbrianinc View Post
    Seems off.

First find out what your TDEE is. Then add 500 calories to that for bulking.

Protein should be anywhere between 0.8 - 1.5 g per bodyweight lb.
    Fats should be anywhere between 15-30%.
    The rest fall in to carbs.

To calculate each for how many calories -

Protein total grams X 4 = total calories

Fats - Total % you choose X total calories you're aiming for = total calories

Then take the total you got for P and Fats and subtract those from total calories.

That will determine your carb calories.

You don't necessarily need more then 1 g per bw lb for protein. You can aim slightly higher, but over eating protein will do nothing but make your kidneys work harder.
    So according to my second calculation I'm sitting at 3050 calories: 214g of protein, 333g of carbs, 80g of fat.

Is it okay to minimise fat? I know it's needed but I sit just about the 15% mark.

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by FilthyCasual0 View Post
    So according to my second calculation I'm sitting at 3050 calories: 214g of protein, 333g of carbs, 80g of fat.

Is it okay to minimise fat? I know it's needed but I sit just about the 15% mark.
    If you are progressing at main lifts and your weight is increasing 1-2 lb a month, then yes.