dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Drop and give me 20 (lbs) - Keto part 2

This will be my log while I do a 4-6wk bout of Keto, It may not seem like long, but that's all the time I have before I go to my next duty station which will be very physically intensive (mostly on the cardio side).
    I did strict Keto about 1 to 2 yrs ago, which resulted in a loss of 27lbs in 11wks. I don't expect to lost 20lbs in 4-6 wks for sure, more realistically about 10-12. I'm currently sitting at around 188ish, and I'd be more than happy if I am able to drop to low to mid 170s. While I haven't neglected my weight training, I have been severely lacking on cardio, which combined with weekends out having some brews and pizza, has caused me to gain quite a few lbs since my last keto diet. I really want to improve my cardiovascular endurance during the next month as well.

Cardio Current :
    -1.5mi in 11min59sec.
    -I do cardio once a week.

Cardio Goal :
    -1.5mi in 10min 59sec.
    -Cardio up to 5-6 times per week.

Strength Current :
    -Bench : 155lbs for 10.
    -DL : 250ish (weak I know)
    -Squat : Nope, I don't squat, previous knee injuries, come at me.

Strength Goal :
    -Bench : 180lbs for 10.
    -DL : 300lbs
    -Squat : Start slowly getting back into squatting without affecting my cardio

Diet Current :
    Around 3500-4000kcal/day and not enough cardio to burn it.

Diet Goal and Plan :
    1700kcal/day incorporating some of the same foods as last time such as :
    Cheese, Avocado, Macadamia, Salsa, Pepperoni/Sausage, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Leafy Greens, and more.
    This is a high fat, low carb diet of course, so I'll be staying around 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carbs.

Workout Plan :

Monday :
    Workout 1 : 1mi hard cardio in the morning or at lunch.
    Workout 2 : 20min light cardio preworkout and Chest/Tris.
    Tuesday :
    Workout 1 : 20min light cardio preworkout, Back/Bis, 20-30min of light cardio.
    Wednesday :
    Workout 1 : 1mi Cardio in the morning or at lunch
    Workout 2 : 20min light cardio preworkout and Legs/Abs.
    Thursday :
    Workout 1 : 1mi hard cardio in the morning or at lunch
    Workout 2 : 20min light cardio and Traps/Shoulders.
    Friday :
    Workout 1 : 60min of cardio.
    Saturday :
    Workout 1 : 20min of cardio and 30min of boxing.
    Sunday :
    Workout 1 : 40 min of light cardio or rest day.

This workout plan isn't set in stone, I kinda do what my body feels. it's more of a loose go-by.
    I know it seems like a lot of cardio, but this is more or less what I did last time and I was in worse shape last time and had no issues making HUGE progress.
    Meal plan to come.

Color Keys :
    Heavy Protein/Meat - Red
    High Fat/Dairy - Orange
    Leafy Greens - Green
    Olives/Avocados - Olive Green
    Low calorie/High nutrients(salsa) - Brown
    Oils - Maroon
    Last edited by dalkon; 01-03-2018 at 12:06 PM.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    (Former)Keto Crew - 21lbs down in 57days.
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    DAY ONE :

Today marks my first day doing Keto. I am in the process of throwing out the contents of my fridge and pantry which are...less than healthy...I will be limiting alcohol intake strictly.
    All the stores are pretty much still closed in my city, so I'm sticking with what I currently have...cheese and ham basically.

So far today here's my diet:

Meal 1 : Mozzarella and Mild Cheddar Cheese slices (2oz ea) with a slice of Prosciutto Ham, and black tea. Meal 1 Totals : 350kcal, 2 carbs, 27g fat, 26g protein.

Meal 2 : 2 Slices of Mozzarella cheese and a slice of summer sausage, and black tea.
    Meal 2.5 : 1 Slice of Monterey Jack smoked cheese (2oz). Meal 2 and 2.5 Totals : 610kcal, 3 carbs, 47g fat, 42g protein.

Meal 3 : Slim Jim Pepperoni and cheese, 70grams of Chicharrones.
    Meal 3 Totals : 500kcal, 3 carbs, 35g fat, 45g protein.

Workout : 1 mile on the treadmill, 1 mile on the stationary bike.

I was planning on doing more for my workout, weights too, but unfortunately after I was nearing the end of my cardio, I got an intense tightening in my back muscles, didn't even want to stand afterwards. My stance is naturally pretty straight, which didn't help. Probably because i'm just now getting back to cardio after a while. I'll have to finish the rest of my workout in the morning.

Other than that I'm feeling pretty good, motivated, not looking forward to the keto flu though.

Total Macros for the day :
    -Fat : 109 g
    -Protein : 113 g
    -Carbs : 8 g
    -Calories : 1460 kcal

A bit under my intended calories, but I had to work with what I had on hand with the stores being closed.

Weight today : 188.5 lbs
    Last edited by dalkon; 01-03-2018 at 08:29 AM.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Mmm prosciutto ham.. very nice!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

DAY TWO :
    Originally Posted by Cowmustard View Post
    Mmm prosciutto ham.. very nice!!
    Agreed, I love it!

Meal 1 : 2oz of Genoa Salame, 2oz of Provolone cheese, 1oz Mozzarella, 1 slice Prosciutto Ham, black tea, Onnit Alpha Brain. (supplement.) Meal 1 Totals : 380kcal, 2 carbs, 29g fat, 26g protein.

Meal 2 : Summer Sausage between Colby Jack Cheese Sammich, 1oz Mozzarella,1 slice Prosciutto Ham, 3oz of pickle bits. Meal 2 Totals : 370kcal, 3 carbs, 28g fat, 29 g protein.

Meal 3 :3 cups of Romaine Lettuce, 1.5 tbsp of Extra Virin Olive Oil, 3 dill pickle spear , 3tbsp of Avocado Oil Mayonnaise , 1oz of pickled roasted red pepper, 56g (10 slices) of Hard Salami, 1/4 tsp of horseradish, 1 (21g) stick of extra sharp cheddar, 1oz of jalapeno slices. Total for Meal 3 : 660kcal, 8 carbs, 61g fat, 17g protein..

Meal 4(postworkout) : 2 cups of Romaine Lettuce, 2tbsp of Avacado Oil Mayonnaise, 5 dill pickle spear,1oz of jalapeno slices, 10 slices of Hard Salami, 1oz of pickled roasted red pepper,1/2 tbsp of horseradish,2oz of pepperjack cheese. Totals for Meal 4 : 599kcal, 9 carbs, 49g fat, 25g protein.

I've been having to deal with some mental boxing today -- '' you don't need to do keto, go home and have a beer'' -- starting at midday, the temptations lasted a solid 30min. I am glad I was able to push back those thoughts, but this definitely won't be a one time thing ha.

Workout : 1mi cardio @ 6.3mph pace, chest/legs

Total Macros for the day:
    -Calories : 2009 kcal
    -Carbs : 22g
    -Fat : 167
    -Protein : 97

Weight Today : 188lbs
    Last edited by dalkon; 01-03-2018 at 08:54 PM.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Usually if I go four days the temptations die. It's always worse for me the first three though.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Day Three :
    Usually if I go four days the temptations die. It's always worse for me the first three though.
    Hopefully they go away soon, after a long day at work they are hard to deal with.

I feel like I'm already starting to get the 'keto flu' and it is hitting HARD this morning. I don't think I've been this tired, irritable and brain foggy in a while, not sure if it was this bad the last time I did keto, but damn....

Meal 1 : 3 Whole Eggs, 1.5 tbsp of Avocado Oil Mayonnaise, 5 slices of Hard Salami, 1.25 tbsp of Olive Oil, 1oz of Extra Sharp Cheddar, 0.5 tbsp. of Almond Butter. Totals for meal 1 : 667kcal, 4g carbs, 58g fat, 33g protein.

Meal 2 : 1oz of Kraft Jalapeno cheese, 2oz of Smoky Bacon Cheddar Cheese, 1oz of Mozzarella with a slice of Prosciutto Ham. Meal 2 Totals : 410kcal, 3g carbs, 31g fat, 32g protein.

Quite a bit of cheese on this one, I was on the go, and it seemed appealing and convenient. The brain fog and irritability isn't nearly as bad now as it was from morning to noon, and I'm feeling a lot better now. Going to test my urine for ketones tomorrow.

Meal 3 : 15slices of Hard Salami, 2 oz of Extra Sharp Cheddar, 2.5cups of Iceburg Lettuce, 1tbsp of Olive Oil, 2tbsp of Avocado Oil Mayonnaise, 1oz of pickled roasted red peppers, 1oz of jalapeno slices, 3tbsp of Hot Sauce, 3 whole eggs,1/2oz of cured ham.

Meal 3 was a rather large meal, I feel like I've earned it, since I'm moving my personal/household goods getting everything ready to move. Which is also my workout of the day.

Workout : Moving and boxing household goods.
    Last edited by dalkon; 01-05-2018 at 08:58 AM.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

Day Four :

Meal 1 : 1oz of Extra Sharp Cheddar, 8 slices of Hard Salami, 1tbsp of Avocado Oil Mayonnaise,3/4tbsp of Olive Oil,2 tbsp. of Hot Sauce,3 whole eggs.

Woke up, not feeling NEARLY as bad as yesterday, I actually feel good this morning, even after only getting 5-ish hours of sleep.

(Was to busy to finish logging this day)
    Last edited by dalkon; 01-06-2018 at 04:04 PM.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

Taking a 1.5 day hiatus, but wanted to do a quick weight update.
    Weight Today:186.2
    Making decent progress in only a few days!
    Last edited by dalkon; 01-07-2018 at 03:50 PM.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

Day Six:

The 'keto flu' is in full effect today, I thought the worst of the symptoms had already come and gone. I feel super weak, have literally no appetite, and woke up sweating.

Meal 1 : 3.5 tbsp of Almond Butter.
    Meal 1 Totals: 336kcal, 10g carbs, 29g fat, 11g protein.
    That's all I can eat atm. I'll have to make up the calories later on in the day when I'm feeling a bit better. It was also more carbs than I wanted in the morning.

Meal 2 : 1oz of Mozzarella Cheese, 1 slice of Prosciutto Ham, 2 oz of Jalapeno Cheese, black tea. Meal 2 Totals: 260kcal, 1g carbs, 17g fat, 24g protein.

Meal 2.5 : 1/2 cup of romaine lettuce, 1.5tbsp of robust extra virgin olive oil,1.5tbsp of Avocado Oil Mayonnaise, 1tbsp of Horseradish,2tbsp of Louisiana Hot Sauce, 2 tbsp. of Almond Butter with a drizzle of Olive Oil for smoothness.Meal 2.5 Totals: 445kcal, 9g carbs, 44g fat, 6g protein..

Workout : 2.1 mi of HIIT.
    Running is starting to get easier, and my energy is starting to be significantly higher than before keto (in the afternoons), even though I'm ony eating between 1700-1900 calories a day.

PostWorkout Meal : 1 oz of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (took it like a shot ), and 1tbsp of Almond Butter.Totals for PostWorkout Meal: 215kcal, 4 carbs, 22g fat, 3g fat.

Meal 4 : 6 mini sweet peppers sliced into 6 pieces then cooked in Olive Oil and Louisiana Hot Sauce with a side of Horseradish.
    I wish I could have gotten some more protein in today, but my morning really threw me off the whole day as far as diet.

Weight Today : 185.6 lbs
    Last edited by dalkon; 01-07-2018 at 09:07 PM.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

Day Seven:

Woke up feeling good, no 'keto flu' like the previous few days. I am noticing that my appetite is very suppressed in the morning, I don't feel like eating anything.

Meal 1: 2tbsp of Almond Butter, 1oz of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Did a clinical urine test for Ketones, my results came back as Ketones >= 160 (mg/dl?). Seems a tad high, may be inaccurate due to not being that hydrated, i'll have to retest it.

Meal 2 : 2 oz of Mozzarella Cheese, 2 slices of Salami, 1oz of Summer Sausage, 1.5oz of Colby Jack Cheese, 2 cups of Iceburg and Romaine Lettuce, 0.5oz of Turkey Breast slices, 0.5oz of Bacon Bits, 0.5oz of Scrambled Eggs, 2oz of Pepper Jack Cheese, 1tbsp of Horseradish, 2tbsp of Louisiana HotSauce, 1tbsp of Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
    Last edited by dalkon; 01-08-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

Day Eight :

Meal 1 : 4oz of Mozzarella Cheese.
    Meal 2 : 2 oz of Mozzarella Cheese, 2 slices of Prosciutto Ham,1 cup of Romaine Lettuce, 1tbsp of Olive Oil.
    Meal 3 : 1 cup of Almond Milk, 2.25tbsp of Guacamole,15slices of Hard Salami, 2 cups of Romaine Lettuce, 1tbsp of Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2tbsp of Louisiana Hot Sauce, 2 tbsp. of 0-Calorie Balsamic Vinegar, 1 serving of Pimiento Stuffed Spanish Olives. Side Note : Olives are literally the perfect keto food.

Workout : 15min cardio on the treadmill, 20 min HIIT on stair-stepper machine, 10minutes high resistance on the stationary bike.
    Weight Today : 185.0 lbs
    Last edited by dalkon; 01-10-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

Day Nine :

Meal 1 : 2oz of Mozzarella Cheese, 2 cups of Almond Milk, 5 slices of Hard Salami, 2tbsp of Guacamole.Totals:375kcal, 5g carbs, 29g fat, 20g protein.
    Meal 2 : 2oz of Mozzarella Cheese wrapped in 2 large slices of Pepporoni, 1 cup of Romaine/Iceburg Lettuce, 1 oz of Mozzarella Cheese, 5 slices of Hard Salami, 2tbsp of Avocado Oil Mayonnaise, 2 tbsp. of Louisiana HotSauce, 1 cup of black tea. Totals: 545kcal, 4g carbs, 45g fat, 35g protein.
    Meal 3 : 3 cups of Almond Milk, 5 slices of Hard Salami, 5 Dill Pickle spears, 2oz of Mozzarella Cheese.

Workout : 33 min of HIIT on treadmill.

Urine retest indicates large quantity of ketones it isn't very specific though, and bilirubin is looking a lot better compared to the last test I did, not sure why it was elevated last time.

Weight today : 183.8
    Last edited by dalkon; 01-11-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

I got a keto bro who swears by diabetic testing supplies, I have no idea how or why but just throwing it out.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Day Ten :
    I got a keto bro who swears by diabetic testing supplies, I have no idea how or why but just throwing it out.
    Diabetic glucose and ketone testing, not a bad idea, but a bit too expensive for me xD. Do you do any testing?

Meal 1 : 2oz of Mozzarella Cheese, 1tbsp of Guacamole, 3/4 tbsp. of Olive Oil and Sea Salt Butter, 5 slices of Hard Salami, 1 cup of Almond Milk.Totals : 400kcal, 3g carbs, 34g fat, 19g protein.
    Meal 2 : 1oz of Mozzarella Cheese, 1.5 cups of Romaine/Iceburg Lettuce, 1/2 oz of Ham,1/4oz of Bacon Bits, 1/4 oz of Scrambled Eggs, 1 slice of Prosciutto Ham, 2tbsp of 0-Cal Balsamic Vinegar, 2tbsp of Louisiana Hot Sauce, 1 tbsp. of Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 cup of black tea. Totals: 341kcal, 4g carbs, 27g fat, 26g fat.
    Meal 3 : 3oz of Mozzarella Cheese, 2 large slices of Pepperoni, 1tbsp of Guacamole. Totals: 363kcal, 3g cars, 26g fat, 28g protein.

Rest day today, due to work obligations.
    Last edited by dalkon; 01-11-2018 at 07:30 PM.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

I know I have to take about 3 wizzes, and have a much smoother mood and desire to jog. Not very scientific, but I ran out of keto strips and broke as a joke
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Day Eleven :
    I know I have to take about 3 wizzes, and have a much smoother mood and desire to jog. Not very scientific, but I ran out of keto strips and broke as a joke
    Yea, I definitely don't have the mood ups and downs on keto as much.

Meal 1 : 2oz of Mozzarella Cheese. 5 slices of Hard Salami.
    Meal 2 : 2oz of Mozzarella Cheese, 1 large slice of Prosciutto Ham, 2oz of Jalapeno Cheese, 5 slices of Hard Salami, 2tbsp of Guacamole, 1 cup of black tea.

Log not finished due to being really busy.
    Last edited by dalkon; 01-14-2018 at 01:08 AM.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

2 day hiatus.

Wanted to drop in to do a quick update though.
    Workout : 1.5mi HIIT.

One thing I've really noticed (that I don't recall last time I did keto) is that doing Keto really seems to through off the PH balance in your stomach or something, causing the worst GERD (heartburn) I've ever had in my life, which in turn is causing some really unwanted symptoms like vomiting (yes, I know, a bit TMI, sorry.) Water doesn't do the trick like normal heartburn. I may have to invest in an antacid, because it's so bad. It may be the sodium content of the foods that I'm eating on keto, or the dairy, not sure, either way, it's very uncomfortable and even painful at times.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

Maybe try a chowder

https://ketosizeme.com/keto-crock-pot-clam-chowder/ Drop the onions and bacon maybe

Also Sprite Zero helps me.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Maybe try a chowder

https://ketosizeme.com/keto-crock-pot-clam-chowder/ Drop the onions and bacon maybe

Also Sprite Zero helps me.
    I'll give it a try, thanks!
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

Feeling kinda off today. I feel intoxicated, but haven't drank.... It's not necessarily uncomfortable, just feels off from normal. I'm guessing this is a side effect of keto - a rather late one though, since the keto flu is done with.

I'll color coat the meals tomorrow.

Meal 1 : 1 whole egg cooked with 2tbsp of guacamole,2 tbsp. of Louisiana hot sauce, 1/2 tbsp. of butter and 1tbsp of olive oil, and a can of Sardines. All cooked together then scrambled.Yea sounds pretty gross right? Wrong, it was amazing.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

Quick weight update for the day :

Todays weight : 182.4 lbs.

Coming close to 10lbs down, which makes my goal of of getting down to mid to low 170s in the next few weeks more possible.

Workout : 1.5mi Treadmill HIIT
    Last edited by dalkon; 01-17-2018 at 09:17 AM.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

Day Sixteen :

Meal 1 : 4 Hardboiled Eggs, 1 tbsp. of Olive Oil, 2tbsp of Avocado Oil Mayonnaise.

Damn I'm getting really bad about updating my food log, need to work on that.

Workout 1 : 1.5mi walk/jog/sprint HIIT.
    Workout 2 : 30min on the stationary bike at 12 resistance.

Weight Today : 179.4

Finally crossed the 180 barrier into the 170s, now just 9.4 more lbs to go and I'll be happy.
    Last edited by dalkon; 01-17-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

Congrats on breaking the weight gate man, 220 is a b for me
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Congrats on breaking the weight gate man, 220 is a b for me
    Thanks, i'm happy about being back in the 170s haha. What are you trying to get to?

Weight Today : 179.2 - Basically the same as yesterday, I ate right before the gym, so that was probably why.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew