Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Please critique my newbie strongman routine....

So I've stalled out on SS and wanted to incorporate a more strongman type 3 day split with some of the following exercises:
    Alternating workouts A and B
    Workout A
    Front squat 5x5
    Incline bench 5x5
    Barbell row 5x5
    Deadlift 1x5
    Workout B
    Back squat 5x5
    Push/Overhead press 5x5
    Chin/pull ups AMRAP
    Deadlift/RDL/Trap bar 1x5
    Also have ordered a trap bar and would like to add farmer carry or oh press in there with it. Trying to stay as close to compound as I can, would you add curls in there or will the rows/chins take care of that? How would you tweak it?

Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you can handle doing full body 3x a week then I guess you can do that.

If I had 3 training days a week I'd have a front squat/back squat day with leg work on day 1, push press/strict press/Incline bench day with shoulder and tri work on day 2, and deadlift/deadlift variation/rows with additional lat and bi work on day 3.

You should try to find a place where you can use strongman implements and start learning how to use them.
    PRs:
    Squat: 630 (sleeves)
    Deadlift: 735 (straps)
    Strict OHP: 330
    Log Clean & Press: 360
    Gave stickyashell hope and now he's back in strength sports crew

Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How is running this 3 days a week hard compared to running SS or Stronglifts?

Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ckdjim View Post
    How is running this 3 days a week hard compared to running SS or Stronglifts?
    Well as you get stronger you'll probably find it more difficult to do full body routines, but if you really like full body routines then keep it up. Only suggestion I'd make is to maybe alternate between doing a squat, deadlift, and overhead press to start each workout.
    PRs:

So basically here's what my SS workout has looked like. 3 day split, on A day it's been squat 3x5, bench 3x5, deadlift 1x5. B day same exact thing except OH press instead of bench. So I'm squatting, deadlifting 3 days a week every day now. My current lifts are S-255, B-145-155 depending on day, oh-125 has been my best although I stalled and went back down to 115, and DL-265. All 3x5 except the DL. Im wanting to start my program with a deload since I haven't done any workout in a week and half due to holidays. Are you saying I should only do the squat, press, DL on days A B alternating, i.e. Not all 3 in same workout? Or that I should start the workout with that particular exercise?

Start the workout with those exercises. You don't always wanna do OHP and deadlifts in a pre-exhausted state from doing squats before hand.
    PRs:

So here's how my workout went. All in order. Deadlift. 135x1x5 to warmup. Then PR of 275x1x5. Then bent over rows of 135x5x5. Then ended up doing flat bench 135x3x5. Then because I've never done front squats I did 95x3x5. I don't know if it was the week and half layoff but after the rows I felt 3x5 was enough. I'm going to give it this week and hope I ain't taxed too much.

So here's how my workout went. All in order. Deadlift. 135x1x5 to warmup. Then PR of 275x1x5. Then bent over rows of 135x5x5. Then ended up doing flat bench 135x3x5. Then because I've never done front squats I did 95x3x5. I don't know if it was the week and half layoff but after the rows I felt 3x5 was enough. I'm going to give it this week and hope I ain't taxed too much.

So I'll be starting workout A this evening. For front squats, do you guys prefer rack position or cross arm or??? Also I pulled my own PR deadlier of 315x1 for the first time!

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ckdjim View Post
    So I'll be starting workout A this evening. For front squats, do you guys prefer rack position or cross arm or??? Also I pulled my own PR deadlier of 315x1 for the first time!
    I prefer to put straps around the bar and grab onto them to simulate a traditional rack position, but it is a bit easier on the wrists and easier to get into position if you are not as flexible.

Here is an example where you can see me set up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGHd93RV0oc

Pro Strongman & Former National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Website | www.mutaffis.com
    Instagram | www.instagram.com/tmutaffis
    ******** | www.********.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs

RS86strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RS86strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RS86strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RS86strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RS86strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RS86strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RS86strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RS86strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RS86strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RS86strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RS86strength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like a 3 day split centred around Push Pull Legs with events training mixed in.

So Push day will involve bench, log and some shoulder accessory work. Pull is deadlifts, stones and farmers or sled pulls (and I also throw in SSB squats on pull day as I am currently pushing squat number) and legs I hit back squats, yolk and sometimes stick a harness on and take the car for a few runs.

Basically using the event training like accessory work and basing PPL numbers off a routine such as 531. Sometimes do timed sets for max reps on event stuff for conditioning too ie max reps in 60 secs on log or stones. Simple but effective.