Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    An interesting study of why’s impact on glycemic control, A1C, etc. in diabetics, when compared to other meals. I have an article on the potential weight loss benefits of whey, that finds whey has various benefits in glycemic control, etc.

High-energy breakfast based on whey protein reduces body weight, postprandial glycemia and HbA1C in Type 2 diabetes.

J Nutr Biochem. 2017 Nov;49:1-7. doi:

Abstract

Acute studies show that addition of whey protein at breakfast has a glucose-lowering effect through increased incretin and insulin secretion. However, whether this is a long-term effect in Type 2 diabetes is unknown. Fifty-six Type 2 diabetes participants aged 58.9±4.5 years, BMI 32.1±0.9 kg/m2 and HbA1C 7.8±0.1% (61.6±0.79 mmol/mol) were randomized to one of 3 isocaloric diets with similar lunch and dinner, but different breakfast: 1) 42 g total protein, 28 g whey (WBdiet, n=19); 2) 42 g various protein sources (PBdiet, n=19); or 3) high-carbohydrate breakfast, 17 g protein from various sources (CBdiet, n=18). Body weight and HbA1C were examined after 12 weeks.

All participants underwent three all-day meal challenges for postprandial glycemia, insulin, C-peptide, intact glucagon-like peptide 1 (iGLP-1), ghrelin and hunger and satiety scores. Overall postprandial AUCglucose was reduced by 12% in PBdiet and by 19% in WBdiet, compared with CBdiet (P<.0001).

Compared with PBdiet and CBdiet, WBdiet led to a greater postprandial overall AUC for insulin, C-peptide, iGLP-1 and satiety scores, while postprandial overall AUC for ghrelin and hunger scores were reduced (P<.0001).

After 12 weeks, HbA1C was reduced after WBdiet by 0.89±0.05% (11.5±0.6 mmol/mol), after PBdiet by 0.6±0.04% (7.1±0.31 mmol/mol) and after CBdiet by 0.36±0.04% (2.9±0.31 mmol/mol) (P<.0001). Furthermore, the participants on WBdiet lost 7.6±0.3 kg, PBdiet 6.1±0.3 kg and CBdiet 3.5±0.3 kg (P<.0001). Whey protein-based breakfast is an important adjuvant in the management of Type 2 diabetes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28863364
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

runsomewhere is on a distinguished road. (+10) runsomewhere is on a distinguished road. (+10) runsomewhere is on a distinguished road. (+10) runsomewhere is on a distinguished road. (+10) runsomewhere is on a distinguished road. (+10) runsomewhere is on a distinguished road. (+10) runsomewhere is on a distinguished road. (+10) runsomewhere is on a distinguished road. (+10) runsomewhere is on a distinguished road. (+10) runsomewhere is on a distinguished road. (+10) runsomewhere is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    All great info, thank you!

Are you able to list some of the more reputable brands?

Would you recommend Whey over Soy Protein?

redigneous is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is really great. I just started investing in whey. Not that I'm looking for a fast result but I just want to make the most of my money's worth. Thanks for this insights.

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    More whey win. FYI, This is actually not a new finding about whey, which I wrote about years ago.

The bovine protein α-lactalbumin increases the plasma ratio of tryptophan to the other large neutral amino acids, and in vulnerable subjects raises brain serotonin activity, reduces cortisol concentration, and improves mood under stress

The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 71, Issue 6, 1 June 2000, Pages 1536–1544,

ABSTRACT

Background: Increased brain serotonin may improve the ability to cope with stress, whereas a decline in serotonin activity is involved in depressive mood. The uptake of the serotonin precursor, tryptophan, into the brain is dependent on nutrients that influence the cerebral availability of tryptophan via a change in the ratio of plasma tryptophan to the sum of the other large neutral amino acids (Trp-LNAA ratio). Therefore, a diet-induced increase in tryptophan availability may increase brain serotonin synthesis and improve coping and mood, particularly in stress-vulnerable subjects.

Objective: We tested whether α-lactalbumin, a whey protein with a high tryptophan content, may increase the plasma Trp-LNAA ratio and reduce depressive mood and cortisol concentrations in stress-vulnerable subjects under acute stress.

Design: Twenty-nine highly stress-vulnerable subjects and 29 relatively stress-invulnerable subjects participated in a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Subjects were exposed to experimental stress after the intake of a diet enriched with either α-lactalbumin or sodium-caseinate. Diet-induced changes in the plasma Trp-LNAA ratio and prolactin were measured. Changes in mood, pulse rate, skin conductance, and cortisol concentrations were assessed before and after the stressor.

Results: The plasma Trp-LNAA ratio was 48% higher after the α-lactalbumin diet than after the casein diet (P = 0.0001). In stress-vulnerable subjects this was accompanied by higher prolactin concentrations (P = 0.001), a decrease in cortisol (P = 0.036), and reduced depressive feelings (P = 0.007) under stress.

Conclusions: Consumption of a dietary protein enriched in tryptophan increased the plasma Trp-LNAA ratio and, in stress-vulnerable subjects, improved coping ability, probably through alterations in brain serotonin.

www.BrinkZone.com

kul2104 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile How accurate is this? Can whey be harmful for liver?

Hello everyone, not to sound stupid but I've been using whey protein for more than 2 years, I was recently diagnosed with fatty liver condition and doc said Whey protein consumption could be reason for this.
    Could the more experienced people here guide me here? Thanks

adamsmit32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adamsmit32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adamsmit32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adamsmit32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adamsmit32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adamsmit32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adamsmit32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adamsmit32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adamsmit32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adamsmit32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adamsmit32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi there. Thank you for the full and useful information.

Originally Posted by kul2104 View Post
    Hello everyone, not to sound stupid but I've been using whey protein for more than 2 years, I was recently diagnosed with fatty liver condition and doc said Whey protein consumption could be reason for this.
    Could the more experienced people here guide me here? Thanks
    Sad when a doc talks out of their you know what vs actually doing a little research. There's no reason what so ever to suspect whey is responsible for that, and several animal and human studies suggest it may benefit some people with that condition:

Non "hard" science version:

https://www.nutraingredients-usa.com...suggests-study

Study:

Effects of a whey protein supplementation on intrahepatocellular lipids in obese female patients.
    Clin Nutr. 2011 Aug;30(4):494-8. doi: 10.1016/j.clnu.2011.01.006. Epub 2011 Feb 1.

Abstract
    BACKGROUND & AIMS:

High protein diets have been shown to improve hepatic steatosis in rodent models and in high-fat fed humans. We therefore evaluated the effects of a protein supplementation on intrahepatocellular lipids (IHCL), and fasting plasma triglycerides in obese non diabetic women.

METHODS:

Eleven obese women received a 60 g/day whey protein supplement (WPS) for 4-weeks, while otherwise nourished on a spontaneous diet, IHCL concentrations, visceral body fat, total liver volume (MR), fasting total-triglyceride and cholesterol concentrations, glucose tolerance (standard 75 g OGTT), insulin sensitivity (HOMA IS index), creatinine clearance, blood pressure and body composition (bio-impedance analysis) were assessed before and after 4-week WPS.

RESULTS:

IHCL were positively correlated with visceral fat and total liver volume at inclusion. WPS decreased significantly IHCL by 20.8 ± 7.7%, fasting total TG by 15 ± 6.9%, and total cholesterol by 7.3 ± 2.7%. WPS slightly increased fat free mass from 54.8 ± 2.2 kg to 56.7 ± 2.5 kg, p = 0.005). Visceral fat, total liver volume, glucose tolerance, creatinine clearance and insulin sensitivity were not changed.

CONCLUSIONS:

WPS improves hepatic steatosis and plasma lipid profiles in obese non diabetic patients, without adverse effects on glucose tolerance or creatinine clearance.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...61561411000082

www.BrinkZone.com

kul2104 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for explaining in such great depth, indeed it is sad that some people spread so much fake and incomplete knowledge, specially docs

dominoesv is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ingestion Timing

Terrific thread!

I'm curious though, with your research and knowledge, what do you think is the best timing for ingesting protein?

I understand recent research suggests that there is up to a 2-hour window (as apposed to the traditional 30 minutes) after workout in which protein absorption stays close to it's peak.

Recently, I have started incorporating intermittent fasting to try for increased fat burn (eating between 11am-7pm only) and I work out in the morning (8-10am). I am worried that with the fasting, I should probably consume protein immediately after workout.

But fasting aside, I'm very curious on when you think is best to ingest protein.
    Last edited by dominoesv; 01-25-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Originally Posted by dominoesv View Post
    Terrific thread!

I'm curious though, with your research and knowledge, what do you think is the best timing for ingesting protein?

I understand recent research suggests that there is up to a 2-hour window (as apposed to the traditional 30 minutes) after workout in which protein absorption stays close to it's peak.

Recently, I have started incorporating intermittent fasting to try for increased fat burn (eating between 11am-7pm only) and I work out in the morning (8-10am). I am worried that with the fasting, I should probably consume protein immediately after workout.

But fasting aside, I'm very curious on when you think is best to ingest protein.
    It's a bit of a moving target, but spaced out throughout the day (or spaced out within your IF window), and post workout, still appears best practice. Some studies also suggest before bed may be a benefit, but if one is doing IF, that's a whole other variable to deal with.

www.BrinkZone.com

georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whey is the way to go for sure. But i hate my vanilla flavour whey with water, it tastes like sweet water that stayed in the hot summer for 10 days.

rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) rjoylo2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great info and thanks! But at the same time kind of alarming. I guess another example of it's hard to trust when big dollars are involved!

Anyway, recently I've noticed a trend of whey bashing when newbies inquire, i.e. "you don't need it just eat more real food", "eat chicken instead" "it's only food", etc, etc.. which is and can be true. It's almost like some are just burned out. Hey, I don't miss the days of the false labels and the myth that it's some magical muscle building formula. But honestly I just feel better when I'm consistently consuming a blend where WPI is the leader. I think it's the convenience factor which keeps my diet on point presenting the edge. Or, maybe I'm old school and I don't like change just for the sake of change. In any case I'll stick with the whey and just shop smarter. Thanks again.
    The three D's - Desire, Determination and Dedication!

More whey win: a new review focused on the potential value of whey in cancer cachexia syndrome. It should be noted that some sub fractions in whey may directly inhibited cancer cell metabolism which this review mentions in the abstract:
    Review

Whey Protein in Cancer Therapy: A Narrative Review

Abstract

Cancer remains a public health challenge in the identification and development of ideal pharmacological therapies and dietary strategies. The use of whey protein as a dietary strategy is widespread in the field of oncology. The two types of whey protein, sweet or acid, result from several processing techniques and possess distinct protein subfraction compositions. Mechanistically, whey protein subfractions have specific anti-cancer effects. Alpha-lactalbumin, human α-lactalbumin made lethal to tumor cell, bovine α-lactalbumin made lethal to tumor cell, bovine serum albumin, and lactoferrin are whey protein subfractions with potential to hinder tumor pathways. Such effects, however, are principally supported by studies performed in vitro and/or in vivo. In clinical practice, whey protein intake-induced anti-cancer effects are indiscernible. However, whey protein supplementation represents a practical, feasible, and cost-effective approach to mitigate cancer cachexia syndrome. The usefulness of whey protein is evidenced by a greater leucine content and the potential to modulate IGF-1 concentrations representing important factors towards musculoskeletal hypertrophy. Further clinical trials are warranted and needed to establish the effects of whey protein supplementation as an adjuvant to cancer therapy.

Source:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...Tg8Z5uW9WxdWG4

www.BrinkZone.com

Jenesahill Jenesahill Jenesahill Jenesahill Jenesahill Jenesahill Jenesahill Jenesahill Jenesahill Jenesahill Jenesahill

Whey Protein improved me.

Whey Protein is worth having. I was skinny at the time when I started going to gym and I was suggested to get When Protein. I was around 52Kg after a dedicated work I got increase in weight by 8 Kg and now my aim is to achieve 70 Kg with another 10 lbs Whey Protein.

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Jenesahill View Post
    Whey Protein is worth having. I was skinny at the time when I started going to gym and I was suggested to get When Protein. I was around 52Kg after a dedicated work I got increase in weight by 8 Kg and now my aim is to achieve 70 Kg with another 10 lbs Whey Protein.
    I hate to break it to you but that wasn’t the whey.
    Strong & Unstable

Originally Posted by faipdeooiad View Post
    I hate to break it to you but that wasn’t the whey.
    Dat cell-tech infused whey does wonders...

www.BrinkZone.com

A new meta review examining whey Physical Performance:

Efficacy and Safety of Whey Protein Supplements on Vital Sign and Physical Performance Among Athletes: A Network Meta-Analysis.

Front Pharmacol. 2019 Apr 24;10:317.

Abstract

Introduction: Athletes train physically to reach beyond their potential maximum aerobic threshold. Whey protein supplements (WPS) are often used in conjunction with physiotherapy and psychotherapy to regain better vital sign and physical performances. This review aimed to explore the clinical evidence on the efficacy and safety of WPS in sports performance and recovery among athletes.

Methodology: A comprehensive literature search was performed to identify relevant randomized control trials (RCTs) that investigated the efficacy and safety of WPS on the vital sign and physical performance among athletes. The Cochrane Risk of Bias (ROB) Assessment tools were used to assess the quality of the studies. Meta-analysis was conducted using the frequentist model with STATA version 14.2®.

Results: A total of 333,257 research articles were identified out of which 20 RCTs were included for qualitative synthesis and network meta-analysis with 351 participants. Among the studies, 7 had low ROB and 3 RCTs had high ROB. Of these 20 trials, 16 trials were randomized clinical trials which compared whey protein supplements (WPS) with various comparators i.e., L-alanine, bovine colostrum, carbohydrate, casein, leucine, maltodextrin, rice, protein + caffeine were compared with placebo. Analysis from the pairwise meta-analysis revealed that for respiratory exchange ratio (RER) WPS was found to be significantly improving compared to maltodextrin (WMD = 0.012; 95%CI = 0.001, 0.023). Similarity to RPE (Rate Perceived Exertion), slight difference between WPS and the comparators, however, when the estimation was favorable to the comparators, there was moderate-high heterogeneity. For VO 2max, high heterogeneity appeared when WPS compared to maltodextrin with the I 2 = 97.8% (WMD = 4.064; 95% CI = -4.230, 12.359), meanwhile bovine colostrum (WMD = -2.658; 95%CI = -6.180, 0.865) only comparator that was better than WPS. According to the estimated effect of the supplements on physical performance outcome results, maximum power (8 studies, 185 athletes), highest ranked was bovine colostrum (SUCRA = 70.7%) and the lowest ranked was placebo (SUCRA = 17.9%), yet all insignificant. Then again, on average power (nine studies, 187 athletes), WPS was the highest ranked (SUCRA = 75.4 %) about -112.00 watt (-187.91, -36.08) and most of the estimations were significant. Body mass was reported in 10 studies (171 athletes), carbohydrate may be at the highest ranked (SUCRA = 66.9%) but it is insignificant. Thought the second highest ranked was WPS (SUCRA = 64.7%) and it is significant (WMD = -6.89 kg; CI = -8.24, -5.54).

Conclusion: The findings of this review support the efficacy and safety of WPS as an ergogenic aid on athletes' sports performance and recovery. The overall quality of clinical evidence was found to be valid and reliable from the comprehensive search strategy and ROB assessment.

Source:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...ikIZ4jVvpQ3aVA

www.BrinkZone.com

L1veTh1sSh1t is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great post Will! I appreciate the effort you put in to educate us. Thank you!
    Be Apart Of The Growth!
    https://healthiswealth.photo.blog

“Dead last finish is greater than did not finish, which trumps did not start.”

Before people spend the extra $ on WPH, a new study on endpoints gym bras care about suggests they're equal in their impact on AA uptake, mTORC1 Signaling and Protein Synthesis:

Whey Protein Hydrolysate Increases Amino Acid Uptake, mTORC1 Signaling, and Protein Synthesis in Skeletal Muscle of Healthy Young Men in a Randomized Crossover Trial

The Journal of Nutrition,
    Published: 16 May 2019

ABSTRACT
    Background

Muscle protein synthesis (MPS) can be stimulated by ingestion of protein sources, such as whey, casein, or soy. Protein supplementation can enhance muscle protein synthesis after exercise and may preserve skeletal muscle mass and function in aging adults. Therefore, identifying protein sources with higher anabolic potency is of high significance.
    Objective

The aim of this study was to determine the anabolic potency and efficacy of a novel whey protein hydrolysate mixture (WPH) on mechanistic target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) signaling and skeletal MPS in healthy young subjects.
    Methods

Ten young men (aged 28.7 ± 3.6 y, 25.2 ± 2.9 kg/m2 body mass index [BMI]) were recruited into a double-blind two-way crossover trial. Subjects were randomized to receive either 0.08 g/kg of body weight (BW) of WPH or an intact whey protein (WHEY) mixture during stable isotope infusion experiments. Fractional synthetic rate, leucine and phenylalanine kinetics, and markers of amino acid sensing were assessed as primary outcomes before and 1–3 h after protein ingestion using a repeated measures mixed model.
    Results

Blood leucine concentration, delivery of leucine to muscle, transport of leucine from blood into muscle and intracellular muscle leucine concentration significantly increased to a similar extent 1 h after ingestion of both mixtures (P < 0.05). Phosphorylation of S6K1 (i.e. a marker of mTORC1 activation) increased equally by ∼20% 1-h postingestion (P < 0.05). Ingestion of WPH and WHEY increased mixed MPS similarly in both groups by ∼43% (P < 0.05); however, phenylalanine utilization for synthesis increased in both treatments 1-h postingestion but remained elevated 3-h postingestion only in the WPH group (P < 0.05).
    Conclusions

We conclude that a small dose of WPH effectively increases leucine transport into muscle, activating mTORC1 and stimulating MPS in young men. WPH anabolic potency and efficacy for promoting overall muscle protein anabolism is similar to WHEY, an intact protein source.

https://academic.oup.com/jn/advance-...1neQmVfuSvCL98

www.BrinkZone.com

Originally Posted by runsomewhere View Post

Would you recommend Whey over Soy Protein?
    Of course.

www.BrinkZone.com

Originally Posted by L1veTh1s**** View Post
    Great post Will! I appreciate the effort you put in to educate us. Thank you!
    I try!

An interesting study suggesting another mechanism by which whey may a value to those trying to lose weight. While protein is more thermogenic than carbs of fat in general, some may be more so than others, potentially making whey a better choice for weight loss. There's a number of mechanisms by which whey can directly impact fat loss beyond simply protein content:

Effects of protein quantity and type on diet induced thermogenesis in overweight adults: A randomized controlled trial

Summary

Background & aims

Protein content of a meal is hypothesized to drive DIT dose-dependently. However, no single meal study exists comparing two different doses of protein on DIT. In addition, the source of protein, particularly whey protein, was shown to have a higher DIT than casein and soy in the acute setting, however the mechanism behind this difference is not yet clear. The aim of the present work is therefore to evaluate the efficacy of two different doses and types of protein (whey protein and casein) on DIT in overweight adults.

Methods

Randomized, double blind crossover including seventeen overweight men and women assigned to four isocaloric study treatments where protein and carbohydrate were exchanged: control, 30 g of whey protein microgels (WPM30), 50 g WPM (WPM50) or 50 g micellar casein (MC50). Energy expenditure was measured by indirect calorimetry. Blood, breath and urine samples were collected in order to measure substrate oxidation, amino acid profile, glucose and insulin, protein turnover and other metabolic parameters.

Results

DIT was 6.7 ± 3.7%, 13.0 ± 5.0%, 18.0 ± 5.0% and 16.0 ± 5.0% for control, WPM30, WPM50 and MC50, respectively. There was a significant difference between WPM50 and WPM30 (p < 0.005) and a trend was observed between WPM50 and MC50 (p = 0.06). WPM50 resulted in the highest total, essential, and branched-chain plasma amino acid concentrations when compared with the other study treatments (p < 0.005) and a higher insulin concentration than MC50 (p < 0.005). Protein oxidation was higher for WPM50 than MC50. Protein turnover was significantly correlated with DIT through total leucine oxidation (r = 0.52, p = 0.005).

Conclusions

Our findings show that DIT does increase at a dose beyond 30 g of WPM and that the type of dairy protein may have an effect on DIT with WPM tending towards a higher DIT than casein. Although further research is required to understand the mechanism behind the effect of different protein sources on thermogenesis, we suggest that amongst the components of protein turnover, protein oxidation may be an important driver of thermogenesis at doses higher than 30 g. These results have concrete implications when choosing a dose of protein to optimize its thermogenic effect.

#https://www.clinicalnutritionjournal...346-3/fulltext

www.BrinkZone.com

SukMikeHok will become famous soon enough. (+50) SukMikeHok will become famous soon enough. (+50) SukMikeHok will become famous soon enough. (+50) SukMikeHok will become famous soon enough. (+50) SukMikeHok will become famous soon enough. (+50) SukMikeHok will become famous soon enough. (+50) SukMikeHok will become famous soon enough. (+50) SukMikeHok will become famous soon enough. (+50) SukMikeHok will become famous soon enough. (+50) SukMikeHok will become famous soon enough. (+50) SukMikeHok will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is my first day here and this is the first post i read(second was about creatine). Great. kudos to you mr. willbrink!

Originally Posted by SukMikeHok View Post
    This is my first day here and this is the first post i read(second was about creatine). Great. kudos to you mr. willbrink!
    The similar creatine thread is even larger and also full of good info people can use to make educated decisions.

www.BrinkZone.com

Tatumsid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tatumsid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tatumsid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tatumsid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tatumsid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tatumsid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tatumsid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tatumsid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tatumsid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tatumsid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tatumsid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Too much protein is bad for the kidney. Kidneys get used up because it has to filter the excess proteins

Originally Posted by Tatumsid View Post
    Too much protein is bad for the kidney. Kidneys get used up because it has to filter the excess proteins
    Long ago debunked Nonsense.

www.BrinkZone.com

audirs is not very well liked. (-100) audirs is not very well liked. (-100) audirs is not very well liked. (-100) audirs is not very well liked. (-100) audirs is not very well liked. (-100) audirs is not very well liked. (-100) audirs is not very well liked. (-100) audirs is not very well liked. (-100) audirs is not very well liked. (-100) audirs is not very well liked. (-100) audirs is not very well liked. (-100)
    Really an amazing and in-depth thread!

Good whey timing study but tad confusing also. Says whey in the title, yet indicates a blend in the abstract “including hydrolyzed whey protein.” Need to read the full paper to see what the blend is, but I suspect it’s a blend of whey and their English conversion not so great:

Effects of whey protein supplementation prior to, and following, resistance exercise on body composition and training responses: A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study.

J Exerc Nutrition Biochem. 2019 Jun 30;23(2):34-44.

Abstract

PURPOSE:

The composition of protein supplements, the consumption timing immediately before and after resistance exercise training (RET), and the quantity of protein supplementation may be important factors for the improvement of muscle mass and function. Although these factors should be considered comprehensively for effective improvement of muscular function in protein supplementation, relatively few studies have focused on this area. Therefore, this study was designed to investigate whether a protein blend supplement before and after resistance exercise for 12 weeks would be effective in increasing muscular function.

METHODS:

In total, 18 participants were randomly assigned to a placebo (PLA) or protein blend supplement (PRO) group. All subjects followed the same training routine 3 times per week for 12 weeks, taking placebo or protein supplements immediately before and after each exercise session. The protein supplement consisted of 40 g of blend protein, including hydrolyzed whey protein. The RET consisted of lower body (barbell squat, dead lift, seated leg extension, and lying leg curl) and upper body (bench press, barbell rowing, preacher bench biceps curl, and dumbbell shoulder press) exercises. A repetition was defined as three sets of 10-12 times with 80% of one repetition maximum (1RM).

RESULTS:

Although the PRO group had a lower protein intake in terms of total food intake than the PLA group, the mean changes in muscle circumference, strength, and exercise volume increased, especially at week 12, compared to the PLA group.

CONCLUSION:

These results suggest that the composition and timing of protein intake are more important than the total amount.

www.BrinkZone.com

Very promising use of whey as adjunct therapy during cancer treatments:

Clinical Impact of Highly Purified, Whey Proteins in Patients Affected With Colorectal Cancer Undergoing Chemotherapy:

Integr Cancer Ther. 2019 Jan-Dec;18:1534735419866920. d

Preliminary Results of a Placebo-Controlled Study.

Abstract

Background and Aims: Sarcopenia, the loss of both lean body and skeletal muscle mass, may interfere in cancer patients outcome. As investigated, whey proteins could prevent the onset of sarcopenia. We have conducted a study to evaluate the effects of whey protein in colorectal cancer patients, undergoing 5-fluorouracil-based chemotherapy.

Methods: After written informed consent, patients were blind randomized 1:1 to whey protein (ProLYOtin; arm A) versus placebo (arm B). The patients were assessed both physically and nutritionally before chemotherapy and after 3 (T2) and 6 months (T3) by body impedance assessment, L3-computed tomography scan, Mini Nutritional Assessment (MNA), and Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool (MUST) tests.

Results: Forty-seven patients were included in this preliminary analysis. Baseline characteristics were well balanced between the 2 arms. During chemotherapy, 33 patients were reevaluated: anthropometric parameters (lean body mass from 68.5% to 71.2% vs 68.7% to 66.3%, and sarcopenia from 84% to 54% and 83% to 77% from baseline to T2 evaluation in arms A and B, respectively), nutritional status (MNA >24 = 100% [A] vs 73.7% [B]), and toxicity (no adverse effects in 86% [A] vs 29% [B] and 94% [A] vs 29% [B] for hematological and gastrointestinal toxicities, respectively) resulted to be significantly different. At univariate analysis, a condition of malnutrition risk according to MUST (relative risk [RR] = 7.5, P = .02) or MNA (RR = 1.45, P = .02) and ProLYOtin intake (RR = 0.12, P = .01) were found to be significantly predictive of chemotherapy toxicity.

Conclusions: At present, our study shows how whey protein could be an important therapeutic option to improve nutritional status, and particularly to prevent severe toxicity during chemotherapy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31370717/?

www.BrinkZone.com

Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tatumsid View Post

Originally Posted by Dorich View Post
    LOl, some derpa derps will still tell you creatine is bad for your kidneys too. Some dumb a$$ myths just refuse to die.

www.BrinkZone.com