abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

No olympic lifting gym in my city!

Hello,
    So I live in a city that has no olympic liftting gym. I was thinking it cpuld be a nice buisness idea however, I have mo experince in buisness or olympic lifting, it is just nice to open such a place and hire some to teach me and other. What do you guys think?

BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrownBear1968 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I also live in a city without WL gym.
    I my case, I bought a 130 kg bumpler plates kit, two EVA mats and began to learn WL by watching videos.

This second choice, to me, was a mistake, because I don´t have a good self-learning sense in terms of body language. I discovered this after some injuries on my shoulders...

After this I pay mothly for one coach who lives in another city, but I go at his gym one time at each two months for presencial instructions and corrections. The remaining contact is through videos that I send to him.

Another aspect that I noticed is that snatch and clean & jerk are complex moviments much more dificult to be learned when compared to other compound exercises.

So, in you case, IMHO, you could start by buying a home kit and contacting a good coach for the first steps. At the same time you can study business-related stuff for a WL gym. Thinking about providing continous flow in your business, probably you will have to deal with crossfit too.

Good luck!

abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) abond008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BrownBear1968 View Post
    I also live in a city without WL gym.
    I my case, I bought a 130 kg bumpler plates kit, two EVA mats and began to learn WL by watching videos.

This second choice, to me, was a mistake, because I don´t have a good self-learning sense in terms of body language. I discovered this after some injuries on my shoulders...

After this I pay mothly for one coach who lives in another city, but I go at his gym one time at each two months for presencial instructions and corrections. The remaining contact is through videos that I send to him.

Another aspect that I noticed is that snatch and clean & jerk are complex moviments much more dificult to be learned when compared to other compound exercises.

So, in you case, IMHO, you could start by buying a home kit and contacting a good coach for the first steps. At the same time you can study business-related stuff for a WL gym. Thinking about providing continous flow in your business, probably you will have to deal with crossfit too.

Good luck!
    Do you think I could justbhire a coach. Actually, I dont care making profit. If it pays my rent and some food it would be more than enough. I just want the gym and the coach to exist.

AmelieTaylor81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmelieTaylor81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmelieTaylor81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmelieTaylor81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmelieTaylor81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmelieTaylor81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmelieTaylor81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmelieTaylor81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmelieTaylor81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmelieTaylor81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmelieTaylor81 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same problem

mayurihana will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayurihana will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayurihana will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayurihana will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayurihana will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayurihana will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayurihana will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayurihana will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayurihana will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayurihana will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayurihana will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same problem... Currently just trying to work with what I got (condo gym) - using barbells & dumbbells, but there's no smith machine so that's a bummer. Sometimes my brother spots me but in general I've been trying to build upon other forms of strength such as pull-ups and triceps dips. Gonna get free weekly membership from October onwards so that's a start !
    P.S I also have a blog about being a high school student with demanding studies while pursuing fitness: studentlifefitness.blogspot.com do check it out! Any feedback or comments would be MUCH appreciated :)

Domkratos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Domkratos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Domkratos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Domkratos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Domkratos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Domkratos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Domkratos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Domkratos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Domkratos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Domkratos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Domkratos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My home town boasts of an Olympic weightlifting gym. A bunch of local kids are taught the Snatches and C&Js there. So far so good. Still, it would be great if some rich Santa would donate a couple of lightweight Oly training bars with standard bumper plates and other equipment, like pro Jerk blocks etc., but, unfortunately, no one seems interested in the sport in these times of economic instability, even despite of growing trendiness of teh Crossfit in more prosperous communities, lol.

FlySwiftPanda is not very well liked. (-100) FlySwiftPanda is not very well liked. (-100) FlySwiftPanda is not very well liked. (-100) FlySwiftPanda is not very well liked. (-100) FlySwiftPanda is not very well liked. (-100) FlySwiftPanda is not very well liked. (-100) FlySwiftPanda is not very well liked. (-100) FlySwiftPanda is not very well liked. (-100) FlySwiftPanda is not very well liked. (-100) FlySwiftPanda is not very well liked. (-100) FlySwiftPanda is not very well liked. (-100)
    If there are no Olympic gyms in your city just work out at home, that or join a gym where you can get an Olympic workout done.

BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Opening a gym isn't merely renting a space and hiring a trainer.

It'll be a business. That entails:

Overhead (rent, utilities, insurance, cleaning service, trash pickup (sometimes), etc)
    Staff costs (salaries, insurance)
    Accounting (payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable)
    Marketing (you need to get people into your gym)
    Membership retention (you need to keep those people coming back)
    Equipment (purchase and upkeep)

A few ideas here: get a part-time job at a gym to see how it works. Try to get exposure to the entire operation. Talk tot he owner and make a case to him or her that there is an under-served (or, rather, un-served) market there and get them to add it, or rearrange space for it.

See how other gyms market themselves. Billboards around town? Those tiny ads on place mats at diners? Radio spots?

Or, jump in with 2 feet and buy an existing business and add the OL to the menu.
    --There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

--Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81

--The proper plural form of the Latin adjective biceps is bicipites, a form not in general English use. Instead, biceps is used in both singular and plural (i.e., when referring to both arms). The form bicep [sic], although common even in professional contexts, is considered incorrect. (from Wikipedia)

freddyexists03 is not very helpful. (-500) freddyexists03 is not very helpful. (-500) freddyexists03 is not very helpful. (-500) freddyexists03 is not very helpful. (-500) freddyexists03 is not very helpful. (-500) freddyexists03 is not very helpful. (-500) freddyexists03 is not very helpful. (-500) freddyexists03 is not very helpful. (-500) freddyexists03 is not very helpful. (-500) freddyexists03 is not very helpful. (-500) freddyexists03 is not very helpful. (-500)
    It would be expensive to start a gym