KColemanfit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face Nursing/Bikini Competition

Has anyone competed while breastfeeding? I’ve been trying to find anything and everything about prep/competition tips if nursing. There’s not much out there. I’m training myself right now because I’m nervous to hire a coach and have too much of a calorie deficit. Anyone know a coach experienced with prep in this situation? I’m currently eating 1800 calories a day which would be like a 1500 calorie diet for those not breastfeeding (I just added 300 calories to keep up my milk supply).

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KColemanfit View Post
    Has anyone competed while breastfeeding? I’ve been trying to find anything and everything about prep/competition tips if nursing. There’s not much out there. I’m training myself right now because I’m nervous to hire a coach and have too much of a calorie deficit. Anyone know a coach experienced with prep in this situation? I’m currently eating 1800 calories a day which would be like a 1500 calorie diet for those not breastfeeding (I just added 300 calories to keep up my milk supply).
    You should not prep while breastfeeding IMO.
    You will either have to risk your milk supply even in the best calorie scenario or risk not getting lean enough.

I prepped while early postpartum but was not breastfeeding. I am a coach who believe in adequate calories and Not starving at all, but you won't be able to lose enough body fat because of trying to keep calories higher for milk.

Not to mention if you wait awhile to prep you can start building now and keep your calories higher when you DO prep. I have a 5'2" bikini competitor who has spent 3 weeks now cutting on 1800 calories and losing 1 pound a week
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter