Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    KColemanfit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Cutting and Cardio Adaptation: How much is too much?

Hi,
    I am beginning prep for my first bikini competition soon (20 week prep). I am training myself but I’m a bit confused as to how much cardio I should do. I was planning on doing HIIT for 20 minutes 2-3 days per week but I now have a knee injury I’m trying to recover from. I have quite a bit of fat to lose (24% according to my scale which may be inaccurate) which is why I am planning on 20 weeks instead of 12. I was thinking I’d start by walking at a high incline at 3-3.5mph for 45 min. 5 days per week instead to give my knee a break.
    Should I go ahead and do this much?
    I also am doing a 5-day split for resistance training.

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KColemanfit View Post
    Hi,
    I am beginning prep for my first bikini competition soon (20 week prep). I am training myself but I’m a bit confused as to how much cardio I should do. I was planning on doing HIIT for 20 minutes 2-3 days per week but I now have a knee injury I’m trying to recover from. I have quite a bit of fat to lose (24% according to my scale which may be inaccurate) which is why I am planning on 20 weeks instead of 12. I was thinking I’d start by walking at a high incline at 3-3.5mph for 45 min. 5 days per week instead to give my knee a break.
    Should I go ahead and do this much?
    I also am doing a 5-day split for resistance training.
    I personally don't hardly did any cardio at all during prep. None until the final month if that. Everything is controlled by my favorites and macros
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    NASM CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC National Qualified NATURAL FIGURE ATHLETE
    Chasin' that pro card!

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173540641&p=1484090561#post1484090561