dkae0809 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein powder + Greek yogurt, shelf life

I like to mix a scoop of protein powder with a cup of Greek yogurt for a midday snack...It would be nice to just mix up a batch for the week and go

Plenty of posts about mixing shakes in advance and how its not a good idea and all...but I cant find whether this applies to yogurt. It's not liquid form so technically I think it should be ok, right?

Thanks/

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dkae0809 View Post
    I like to mix a scoop of protein powder with a cup of Greek yogurt for a midday snack...It would be nice to just mix up a batch for the week and go
    Plenty of posts about mixing shakes in advance and how its not a good idea and all...but I cant find whether this applies to yogurt. It's not liquid form so technically I think it should be ok, right?
    Thanks/
    Usually, dairy products go bad faster when opened.
    I'd personally opt for prepping ~3 days in advance rather than for the week..
    But hopefully, someone will chime in if he or she personally does this too

alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alicat32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dkae0809 View Post

Thanks/
    The Greek yogurt I use, once opened, has to be consumed within 5 days. I buy small enough tubs of it to use within that time. I have had no problem premixing protein and yogurt and consuming it within a few (maybe 3) days. I don't know what would happen beyond that.
    Don't wish for it, work for it! "One More"