Thread: Cutting

Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cutting

So I've been working out for almost a year and have been cutting for like 9 months from 200lb down to about 179. I have been consuming about 1900 calories and about 20min cardio 2-3 days a week, which equals to about 150-200 calories. So i'm going to say about 1750ish total calories consumed.

My macros currently are: Protein: 180 Fats:75 Carbs: 180
    *Sometimes i'm over or under by a bit (protein and carbs)

I've had no luck losing weight lately so i'm assuming im working out too hard and not eating enough. I will monitor my weigh weekly to see any slight change.

Here's what i'll be doing and my stats are as follows:

Height: 5'6
    Weight: 180 (+/-2)
    BMR: 1821
    TDEE: 2367 (bmr*1.3)
    To lose: 2012 (TDEE*.15)

Protein: 180 (180*1)
    Fats: 72 (180*.4)
    Carbs: 180(180*1)

-I might ditch the cardio.. not sure. Will see after weight progress.
    My diet usually consists of chicken/yams/sweet potatoes/cottage cheese/yogurt/protein shake w/non fat milk/ snack bars/oats

Any advice and tips are welcomed, thanks.
    - USMC Vet Crew
    -"Gotta get the CutS for the SlutS"

W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Miamiboy87 View Post
    I've had no luck losing weight lately so i'm assuming im working out too hard and not eating enough.
    What? I think you got your information mixed up, if you're not losing you're eating too much and moving too little, not the opposite like you said lol.

Either eat less or move more and you should see progress.
    Brazilian Crew |<o>|
    IIFYM Crew
    Username is an Acronym Crew

What's Important Now?

MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MitkoKazakov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I've been working out for almost a year and have been cutting for like 9 months from 200lb down to about 179. I have been consuming about 1900 calories and about 20min cardio 2-3 days a week, which equals to about 150-200 calories. So i'm going to say about 1750ish total calories consumed.

I've had no luck losing weight lately so i'm assuming im working out too hard and not eating enough. I will monitor my weigh weekly to see any slight change.

Here's what i'll be doing and my stats are as follows:

Height: 5'6
    Weight: 180 (+/-2)
    BMR: 1821
    TDEE: 2367 (bmr*1.3)
    To lose: 2012 (TDEE*.15)

Protein: 180 (180*1)
    Fats: 72 (180*.4)
    Carbs: 180(180*1)

-I might ditch the cardio.. not sure. Will see after weight progress.
    My diet usually consists of chicken/yams/sweet potatoes/cottage cheese/yogurt/protein shake w/non fat milk/ snack bars/oats

Any advice and tips are welcomed, thanks.
    Hey, good job for sticking to this for 9 months straight and losing all those pounds.

Macros look good and hopefully you're hitting it hard in the gym.

Anyway, if you're truly in a caloric deficit i.e. if your caloric intake is really below your TDEE, then you can't NOT lose weight, that would mean defying the laws of thermodynamics - and that's not happening any time soon.

However, when there's a prolonged energy imbalance (read: being in a caloric deficit for 9 months straight), your body adapts by down-regulating Non-exercise activity thermogenesis i.e. "the energy expended for everything we do that is not sleeping, eating or sports-like exercise."

See, your body likes homeostasis and it dislikes change. Therefore, this is basically one of your body's mechanisms for coping with the prolonged caloric deficit by burning less energy for mundane tasks - you instinctively start sitting more, moving less, etc.

This is what people mean when they say their metabolism "slows down" when they're dieting.

The way to combat this is to take so called "diet breaks". The person who came up with this was Lyle McDonald, you can google his name + diet breaks and you'll find some of his work on the topic.

In short though, what you want to do is take a 10-14 day diet break for every 10-12 weeks of dieting (cutting). During the diet break all you do is you eat at maintenance in order to prevent said down-regulation of NEAT.

This will ensure that you don't have to eat weirdly low amounts of calories in order to lose weight.

Otherwise, you haven't posted your workout routine so can't comment on that but everything else seems fine.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Mitko
    Hey, my name is Mitko Kazakov (aka The Fitness Consistency Coach). I specialize in helping people stay consistent with proper training & nutrition practices in order to develop a phenomenal physique over at MitkoKazakov.com

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Yeah, you definitely have that backwards. If you're not losing weight then you're miscounting your calorie consumption and/or TDEE.

Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Miamiboy87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I try to do "re-feeds" once a week to spike things up. I know the golden rule of eating less than maintenance to lose weight, but have also read (cant remember where) that maybe my body is in starvation mode, therefore hanging on to what I have left.. IDK.. Anyways. I think another factor I should consider is my sleep. I don't get atleast 8hours, thats for sure.

Right now i'm 95% done with Lee Bradas lean body program.
    - USMC Vet Crew

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I try to do "re-feeds" once a week to spike things up. I know the golden rule of eating less than maintenance to lose weight, but have also read (cant remember where) that maybe my body is in starvation mode, therefore hanging on to what I have left.. IDK..
    Right now i'm 95% done with Lee Bradas lean body program.
    You have the IDK part right.

Eating more to lose fat never has and never will work. No fatloss for 3 weeks and there is no calorie deficit so calories must be dropped and\or activity must be added. If you drop 100 calories a day from your diet for every 10 lbs you lose you won't have these periods where you go for a month or more with no fatloss.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Sticking to about 1900 cals so far and started Arnold's Blueprint to ripped.. see how that go's. I'll weigh in on Friday, first of the year!
    - USMC Vet Crew

Damn, I think I need to eat less lol.. I feel like I've been stuck in the same shape ..... I shouldve been cut by now.
    - USMC Vet Crew

oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Damn, I think I need to eat less lol.. I feel like I've been stuck in the same shape ..... I shouldve been cut by now.
    Don't worry, it is not time wasted. You probably are gaining some muscle right now. I have seen this happen. You are still eating calories which used to put you into a deficit, but with the weight loss, hormonal resistance and adaptations, etc you are probably at maintenance/surplus. Just cut more calories.