Simste is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What is your bulking plan like?

I've been bulking for a bit, been eating the same **** for I dont know how long. Currently looking for some ideas on what I can eat. Trying to reach 3100 calories per day and 1g protein per lbs (175).
    I can eat anything, as long as its simple to make

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    same healthy food as cutting, but more of it
    🎄⛄🎄In🎄⛄🎄

TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What I usually have on rotation because they're easy to make:

+ Chicken breast (or trimmed skinless boneless thighs) marinaded different ways: miso + honey, sriracha + soy sauce, bbq sauce + lemon, etc.
    + Shrimp: just pan seared
    + Salmon: can usually do the same marinades as chicken but tastes completely different.
    + Mahi mahi: usually just cajun seasoning and pan seared.
    + Sweet potatoes and yams, nuke it in the microwave or oven.
    + Boil a big batch of pasta and just toss spinach tomatoes garlic + protein source in with some pasta for a quick stir fry.
    + Any stir fry, veggies + ground beef/sliced sirloin/ground turkey/sliced chicken breast.
    + Veggies: kale salad (kale, garbanzo beans, quinoa, tomatoes, and honey mustard dressing with a little feta on top), black beans quinoa salad (black beans, quinoa, bell peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, balsamic vinaigrette), roasted veggies are good too for a warm salad.

Recently since it's colder, I use my instant pot for things like barbacoa too!
    They said she's gone too far this time

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Her Johnny on the Spot MmmWatermelon's Avatar
    MmmWatermelon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MmmWatermelon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MmmWatermelon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MmmWatermelon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MmmWatermelon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MmmWatermelon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MmmWatermelon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MmmWatermelon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MmmWatermelon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MmmWatermelon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MmmWatermelon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whole jars of peanut butter
    Your gun is digging into my hip.

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Black_Label View Post
    This. Also how are you looking for ideas on WHAT to eat? As if there isn't many choices out there lol. Cummon man this isn't hard. Not to be rude but if you honestly can't think of or find things to eat to hit your macros then there is something seriously wrong. Your diet shouldn't be a chore or boring so if you are tired of what you are eating now then change it up man!
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm a fan of PB&J or hamburgers.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cutting plan but with way more carbs and a little more fat.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The same as my "cutting plan" just more food.

Simste is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    This. Also how are you looking for ideas on WHAT to eat? As if there isn't many choices out there lol. Cummon man this isn't hard. Not to be rude but if you honestly can't think of or find things to eat to hit your macros then there is something seriously wrong. Your diet shouldn't be a chore or boring so if you are tired of what you are eating now then change it up man!
    I just dont have an imagination, thats why lol.

mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1. 500 kcal/day surplus to start off with. Ecto or mesomorphs can probably up this a bit and not put on much fat. Endomorphs need to stay around this surplus or they'll get chubby. But, every one is different; I have friends who have needed a 2000+ kcal/day surplus to gain weight.

2. 1 gram of protein/pound of body weight. This comes from whole foods with the exception of a post-work out whey shake with with around 50 grams of protein and a tbsp of peanut butter.

3. As many servings of cruciferous veggies as I can get my hands on. They're chalked full of nutrients and also block the conversion of testosterone to estrogen which obviously helps gain muscle mass.

4. I don't drink my calories (energy drinks, sports drinks, etc..). They're filled with empty, useless calories.

5. As long as I hit these four stipulations, I make food choices that keep my blood sugar steady throughout the day and help give me solid workouts. I feel my best when my carbs are higher while taking in a reasonable number of healthy fats. I also try to eat one meal each day that contains lean beef or dark meat chicken of some kind as cholesterol is the foundation of ALL hormones.

For me, 3/4 of the battle is the caloric intake and 1/4 of it is food choices. Now, by "food choices" I am talking about taking in fattier cuts of meat, whole eggs, bread, pasta, peanut butter, a little cheese (etc) over a "cleaner" variety of food. I'm NOT talking about eating junk food and useless calories because "I'm bulking".
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Slightly over maintenance with protein throughout the day. No Intermittent Fasting when adding muscle.

Slightly over maintenance as in a few more carbs.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Slightly over maintenance with protein throughout the day. No Intermittent Fasting when adding muscle.

Slightly over maintenance as in a few more carbs.
    Well technically you CAN do IF while trying to add lbm but hell I don't see why anyone would. Trying to get the calories needed for growth in your "feeding window" would leave most people feeling bloated and real ****ty lols

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

Originally Posted by mdonnelly80 View Post
    1. 500 kcal/day surplus to start off with. Ecto or mesomorphs can probably up this a bit and not put on much fat. Endomorphs need to stay around this surplus or they'll get chubby. But, every one is different; I have friends who have needed a 2000+ kcal/day surplus to gain weight.

2. 1 gram of protein/pound of body weight. This comes from whole foods with the exception of a post-work out whey shake with with around 50 grams of protein and a tbsp of peanut butter.

3. As many servings of cruciferous veggies as I can get my hands on. They're chalked full of nutrients and also block the conversion of testosterone to estrogen which obviously helps gain muscle mass.

4. I don't drink my calories (energy drinks, sports drinks, etc..). They're filled with empty, useless calories.

5. As long as I hit these four stipulations, I make food choices that keep my blood sugar steady throughout the day and help give me solid workouts. I feel my best when my carbs are higher while taking in a reasonable number of healthy fats. I also try to eat one meal each day that contains lean beef or dark meat chicken of some kind as cholesterol is the foundation of ALL hormones.

For me, 3/4 of the battle is the caloric intake and 1/4 of it is food choices. Now, by "food choices" I am talking about taking in fattier cuts of meat, whole eggs, bread, pasta, peanut butter, a little cheese (etc) over a "cleaner" variety of food. I'm NOT talking about eating junk food and useless calories because "I'm bulking".
    Oh cummon man please enough of this bs. I agree different people need different amounts of calories but this isn't due to body types

Don't Rattle My Cage DrunkenMoron's Avatar
    DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrunkenMoron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ha !!

When I'm bulking I'm on that see food eat food diet...

In my house you stop to count calories and breakfast, lunch and dinner is over..

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

You shouldn't be giving advice. To anyone.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Black_Label View Post
    I'm going on my first bulk now and this is the strategy I'm going to use.. and probably throw in the occasional treat

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    Well technically you CAN do IF while trying to add lbm but hell I don't see why anyone would. Trying to get the calories needed for growth in your "feeding window" would leave most people feeling bloated and real ****ty lols
    going for 16 hours without protein isn't a great idea IMO

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

you lost me at the first paragraph. Those comments kill any kind of credibility as far as diet conversations go

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

R1DINGPwnies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R1DINGPwnies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R1DINGPwnies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R1DINGPwnies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R1DINGPwnies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R1DINGPwnies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R1DINGPwnies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R1DINGPwnies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R1DINGPwnies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R1DINGPwnies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R1DINGPwnies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am bulking at 100g Fat, 400g Carbs, and 280g Protein per day
    I don't weigh myself often because I don't find myself in the company of accurate scales and I just don't care.
    But at my job at the gym people have asked me if I'm using anything to bulk up.
    Nope, just eating and working hard.

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    going for 16 hours without protein isn't a great idea IMO
    I agree!! Dunno why IF is so highly praised these days I mean it's nothing special and imo very counterproductive ESPECIALLY when trying to add muscle

Originally Posted by R1DINGPwnies View Post
    I am bulking at 100g Fat, 400g Carbs, and 280g Protein per day
    I don't weigh myself often because I don't find myself in the company of accurate scales and I just don't care.
    But at my job at the gym people have asked me if I'm using anything to bulk up.
    Nope, just eating and working hard.
    Way too much protein man that is just unnecessary.