heartbreakkid1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Go from 17% BF to 14%

Hi,

I weighed around 205 lbs and have dropped to 165 lbs in four and a half months. I’ve also gained some amount of muscles on my upper body in the meantime. My upper abs are a little visible; however, my lower belly is still like a tongue coming out (pic attached). My BF is somewhere around 17%; I think lowering that to 14 would make some difference. Any tips on how to go further, I think I have done the easiest part, i.e., going from 22-23 to 17. Now I think it’s much harder and I can also feel it. Please provide some tips! My biggest confusion is to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time; I'm almost on a 300 calorie deficit everyday but I still get confused about what's right and not for gaining muscle and shredding those annoying love handles.

Workout:

Monday - Legs (Romanian, Back Squats, Lunges, Leg Press, Bench Squats, Calf raises)
    Tuesday - Chest (Bench presses, dumbbell press, flyes, cablerows, pushups, dips) - combinations of incline, decline, low-high, etc. on different weeks
    Wednesday - Abs (Hangling leg raises, decline situps, cable crunches, bicycles, planks, rotational crunches, woodchops) - couple more, mix them up like 7 exercises every alternate week with some common.
    Thursday - Back (Deadlift, bent-over rows, lat pulldown close grip & wide grip, assisted pull-ups, mid row and low row)
    Friday - Arms (various excerises in combinations every week based on bodybuilding workouts)

I also do around 150-180 minutes of steady state cardio (around 6.5 mph) every week.

My diet is good I think; breakfast includes bologne/turkey slices, eggs or banana protein milk shakes; lunch has salad or a portion of lean meat with half a cup rice; snack of a protein bar; dinner includes protein shake with water after workout and lean meat like chicken breasts.

Around 120g average protein intake everyday; total consumption around 1900 cals.
    Attached Images

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like you're already on the right track with the information you provided. Trust the process dude, its working for you, it just TAKES TIME. I'm still a year into undoing 42 years of unhealthy eating and horrible exercise habits and I have a long way to go still, but I can see visible changes in my body each month so you just have to keep on chugging along. Stay disciplined with your eating and workouts and you will eventually get there.

If you want to lose weight faster then consider cutting down to a 500 calorie deficit, but at some point realize (as I did) that you may not have the muscle base that you want and you may have to go through a couple bulk/cut cycles to get where you want to be.