Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    [QUOTE=StinnerOzz;1545277661]I'll have to look into that at some point when I can mentally focus on a proper diet again. It's been so long I feel too lax and lazy to get back to it. I remember one month I was incredibly busy w/work while traveling. Weekly hours that month were like 110/90/80/70, so I lived off the hotel breakfast of eggs/oatmeal, protein bars/whey, nuts, and then for dinner I just had low-carb tortillas with salsa & chicken. I didn't even lift, I was almost never not busy unless resting or eating. I leaned out a lot, and considered trying something extreme like that again, but the problem was I wasn't lifting and was just so tired with no desire to even do it if I were able to. Not sure that even relates to trying a keto diet, but I was in deficit for sure and it helped a lot. Didn't crave anything except some sort of sustenance, maybe that's the relation here.]/quote]
    I've always found the biggest issue for me when dieting is time ... it takes time and planning to do a diet properly. When I did keto I started the day with an eggwhite and turkey meat omelette, had a cooked chicken breast for an early lunch and a mid afternoon snack, steak for dinner and a couple of whey protein shakes ... meant I couldn't just raid the fridge or store the way I'd normally do. And being too organised about food takes away from the enjoyment of eating for me

Originally Posted by StinnerOzz View Post
    You look pretty lean in that avatar! Mine only show when they're pumped or I pose the right way. They disappear quickly, but I've got that blocky type of muscle that shows up through the fat at times. All week so far I've only eaten 3x per day with no concern for calories or anything. Breakfast was clean and relatively light, lunch was a giant burger (one day with fries, 2 other days w/a salad from the fancy hipster place), and dinner has been a 14-16oz. steak with a baked potato and/or veggies. Oh, and my first night in I grabbed a 1/2lb. burger+pulled pork from the GWARbar, a bar owned by a local metal hero from the band GWAR. It came with a ton of fries and was eaten at 11pm...as you can see, I hardly care about my nutrition these days LOL.
    Well, that avi was from about 4 years ago which was the last time I felt lean. I did have serratus and good cut abs then, but I feel a load stronger when I'm carrying more fat. Sounds like your body is telling you to feed it in response to all the heavy lifting

I barely did anything yet. The place seems awesome though, and it's only short-term. I do high-level contract consulting work for hospitals or healthcare software vendors. Right now I'm at a relatively small outfit compared to what I'm used to, and they have 1 counterpart to me who isn't even on-site and barely reached out to share what's going on. And I get to travel in again next week to repeat it. At least the food is fun.
    We've just gone through a move to a new $2.8 bn hospital ... 3rd most expensive building ever ... and we're stuck with using a cr@p system that has cost the state $500m and is already out of date. (EPAS from Allscripts) ... it's supposed to go live in a month and its so user unfriendly

Everything felt heavy today, for both me and my partner. Cut a couple things a little shy and still got beaten up. We're going to give both exercises a break next week and not even do them. Can't hit PRs for over a month straight, after all...

For what we sacrificed in adding weight, we did more reps and overall tonnage (rack pulls). Sled pulls, we omitted 1 set but added 2-3 plates for sled pull-throughs. That was definitely good for our hamstrings!

Rack pulls (peg 6, at knee, same as last week, now going for reps instead of 1RMs)
    135x10, 225x10, 315x8, 405x5, 495x5

Belted: 585x3, 585x5, 585x4, 495x8
    Looks smart to me ... that's 21,000lbs of rack pulls ... would be cool to pull an 800lb rack pull but volume is where the money is
    Sick sled pull volume after

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    Wait till you are in your 50s and see what liberties are taken cutting stuff out !!

Cant get over pulling nearly 600bs with a barbell, thats epic!!

Would be cool to see a video of your sled pulls
    Ha ^^^^^ this!

T-bar Rows, plate weight only
    45x8 each arm, 90x4 each arm
    135x8, 180x7, 225x5, 270x4, 225x5, 180x10

Sled pulls w/rope
    6 plates
    9 plates
    12 plates
    14 plates

Gironda Chins
    x4-8, 4 total sets

Workout w/partner today. Brutal to do sled pulls after those T-bars. Chins were surprisingly 'easy' by comparison. Lats are fried. Had another guy work in with us on everything so that slowed us down, but it was fun. Taught both of em Gironda Chins, and they were humbled and excited about them.
    Serious weights for those T bar rows!

Oh yeah. He definitely pushes me to get everything I can out of my lifts, whereas by myself I'd sacrifice some weight for stricter reps. I can do these lifts on my own, but I wouldn't choose to lift LIKE this alone if that makes sense. Good to shock yourself sometimes though, which is why I like it.

On the heavy rows, I needed a leg drive to get going and I'd normally not do that. Even on BB Rows I am explosive, but retain form and don't rely on momentum from my legs or lower back yanking.

My lats DEFINITELY felt those rows today. My negatives were really slow too, so I surely best them down. The sled pulls were rough having fatigued our lats so much; usually we do those after rack pulls and our lats are pretty much fresh.
    I think lats do appreciate loading up the weight with looser form ... helps to get a really good stretch at the bottom of the range, plus a bit of leg drive to hoist a heavy weight and then slowly controlling the negative just makes the lats swell up!

Office gym workout with a coworker. Didn't push much but got in a decent pump. Pecs aren't even sore but hopefully later. Strength was good though!

Flat bench
    135x15, 185x8, 225x8, 245x8

Incline DB prone grip press w/5-second negatives
    50x10, 50x10, 50x10

3 sets of random cable crossover/fly work
    Great pec work out ... heavy bench and can visualise the burn with the slow neg DB presses and the cable X overs
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    I've always found the biggest issue for me when dieting is time ... it takes time and planning to do a diet properly. When I did keto I started the day with an eggwhite and turkey meat omelette, had a cooked chicken breast for an early lunch and a mid afternoon snack, steak for dinner and a couple of whey protein shakes ... meant I couldn't just raid the fridge or store the way I'd normally do. And being too organised about food takes away from the enjoyment of eating for me
    I had no time back in the day, but it fit into my rigid schedule. Literally every minute of the day up until about 10:30pm, when I returned home from the gym, was accounted for. I was dating my wife long-distance at the time, so I would work, come home, talk with her, eat, hit the gym, and then just sit around for a bit. Nowadays I have a little more time but am far more drained from the million different things, so I just shirk off the idea of full meal prep, cooking, and all that. My last efforts are saved for hockey these days!

We've just gone through a move to a new $2.8 bn hospital ... 3rd most expensive building ever ... and we're stuck with using a cr@p system that has cost the state $500m and is already out of date. (EPAS from Allscripts) ... it's supposed to go live in a month and its so user unfriendly
    No experience with it, but I've worked w/them many times over the years creating data interfaces with them and other systems. I can't think of any users who gave them any praise, and working w/them was never any fun.

Looks smart to me ... that's 21,000lbs of rack pulls ... would be cool to pull an 800lb rack pull but volume is where the money is
    Sick sled pull volume after
    That sled stuff is fun! All that hard work almost doesn't even feel like much compared to traditional lifts. If I had to push that hard on even half as many sets of squats, I'm not sure I'd be able to do it nearly as frequently and I'd fear it endlessly! The sled makes it fun. Maybe one day we will use the harness and do walking pulls.

Ha ^^^^^ this!
    No worries, by that time I won't need as much to progress either It's funny, thinking back to my 20s and the huge workouts I did I sometimes can't even think of how I did it. But I like to think I've matured in my lifting and put 'that much more' into it with each set, so I get more out of them and thus the lower volume. Or my body just needs less, or the two aren't entirely separate ideas. Who knows! I just know results, I don't spend much time contemplating things I can't confirm. I think I mentioned it before but my partner works in education and is an artist. He's a deep thinker and during our workouts he likes to contemplate all sorts of ideas and theories regarding lifting. He brings up many good points and I'm reminded of the black hole of thought processes I used to get into in my younger days. Often I tell him the same thing, basically that I know what I know from experience and that's that. He likes that since it it's a cut & dry way of not seeking out answers endlessly.

Serious weights for those T bar rows!
    Definitely needed leg drive to get some of them up.

I think lats do appreciate loading up the weight with looser form ... helps to get a really good stretch at the bottom of the range, plus a bit of leg drive to hoist a heavy weight and then slowly controlling the negative just makes the lats swell up!
    I hope so. I could use some width

Great pec work out ... heavy bench and can visualise the burn with the slow neg DB presses and the cable X overs
    Missed the Gironda dips, but liked the bench volume.
    Lifting. Hockey. Headbanging.

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175144571

StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sucks to do chest 2 days after delts, but it's either that or legs and I'm not in the mood. Saturday is back day w/my partner so I want to keep that fresh.

Incline bench
    135x10, 135x10, 165x10, 165x10, 185x8, 185x8, 185x8, 185x8, 185x8

Just going for overall volume here. Pushed hard but didn't try to kill myself.

Machine Press (very unstable, great for fighting into a burn!)
    150x10, 150x10, 150x10

Single leg call raise off a step
    10, 10, Donkey 15, 15, 15

Leg Machine Calf Press
    130x10, 160x15, 180x12, 180x15, 200x10, 200x10

Stuffed myself at lunch so bad I'm still feeling it at 6pm. Abs were on deck, but no way when I feel like this. I'll push them to later in the week, I don't have hockey on Thursday so I can steal an extra day there.

Box Squats
    135x10, 165x8, 195x6, 225x8, 225x8, 255x6, 255x6, 255x6

Leg machine high Hamstring press
    200x12, 200x12
    Tough to do, starting position for a good stretch BURIES you.

Wanted to do pull-throughs but the stack was taken. Ah well. I'll try to stick them on Saturday after T-bars and sled pulls!

French Press
    40x15, 40x20, 40x20

Gironda Dips
    10, 10, 10, 15, 12, 12
    First 3 sets were on narrow bars, felt em a lot in my triceps.

Pressdowns
    120x12, 140x10, 160x8, 160x8

Crunch SS w/Oblique jackknife
    20 / 8 each side
    15 / 8 each side

Crunch SS w/Side Plank
    12 / @40 seconds each side
    12 / @40 seconds each side

Will get back to my usual ab routine (and everything) next week. I don't have to travel again for 2 weeks.

135x8, 180x7, 225x5, 270x4, 295x3, 315x2, 225x8, 180x10

Sled pulls w/rope
    6 plates
    9 plates
    12 plates
    15 plates

Farmer's Walk
    125lb DBs x60-75 feet?
    2 sets. Could have gone further, that was all we had to work with without walking all over the lobby area.
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 03-24-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Screwy week, doing whatever here. Plan for a shoulder day w/partner this Sat so I want push muscles fresh and won't do any heavy pressing this week. My pecs were feeling ready for more since last week; so thanks to the magic of Gironda Dips I was able to NOT fatigue my delts in any way, and my triceps minimally if at all, and crush my pecs again with 9 sets of 'em! Ab work felt great, finally, after 2 weeks of extremely meh work on them.

Single leg Seated Calf Machine
    50x12, 50x15, 60x15, 70x15

Squat Machine Calf Raise off a step
    90x15, 120x15, 150x12, 180x8

Gironda vacuums
    10-second hold, 10 reps, 5 sets

Ab Wheel rollouts
    10, 10, 10

Gironda Dips
    10, 10, 10, 15, 12, 12
    w/5-second negatives 6, 6, 6
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 03-26-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    135x8, 180x7, 225x5, 270x4, 295x3, 315x2, 225x8, 180x10

Sled pulls w/rope
    6 plates
    9 plates
    12 plates
    15 plates

Farmer's Walk
    125lb DBs x60-75 feet?
    2 sets. Could have gone further, that was all we had to work with without walking all over the lobby area.
    Love doing farmers walks. I do mine with a diamond trap bar. Neighbors (they are all old puddings) think I am nuts as they watch with concerned fascination, I walk from the back of the garage, down the driveway, across the street, and back again. Not sure if turning without putting the unit down is good for my knees, but that is how I do it. Torches my shoulders, lower back and grip more than anything.

When does hockey wind down for you?, I am done this week, tonight is the last league game, Thursday is the last P/U but have not done the p/u in over a month...no time. What do you do in the summer to fill that time? I ramp up my post lifting conditioning and walk as much as possible. My wife and I like golfing...so I tend to do that nights and weekends whenever I can.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

Love doing farmers walks. I do mine with a diamond trap bar. Neighbors (they are all old puddings) think I am nuts as they watch with concerned fascination, I walk from the back of the garage, down the driveway, across the street, and back again. Not sure if turning without putting the unit down is good for my knees, but that is how I do it. Torches my shoulders, lower back and grip more than anything.

When does hockey wind down for you?, I am done this week, tonight is the last league game, Thursday is the last P/U but have not done the p/u in over a month...no time. What do you do in the summer to fill that time? I ramp up my post lifting conditioning and walk as much as possible. My wife and I like golfing...so I tend to do that nights and weekends whenever I can.
    We have a trap bar but I've never used it for some reason. Partner is usually seen doing endless sets of 100-125lb. DB walks and he led us on those efforts. I was done and ready to leave, and he suggested I stay to do them w/him. So I did. They were easier than I expected, so next time perhaps we'll use the trap bar and load it up!

Hockey, ugh. Sorry for the impending book.

Since I've been traveling for work, I had to skip my Tuesday league games the past month. Last week was playoffs, we had 2 possible games to reach the finals. They lost the first one w/o me, so our season ended. I doubt we would have won the 2nd game that night with or without me, so it's just as well. Had we somehow done that, we would have probably won the championship. The toughest team was easily the one that would've been 2nd last week. Sucks to miss all those games.

But my Thursday league, I was psyched for. Then we lost our opening playoff game as well! We were missing a guy that would have made a difference, but we still should have won. I had 2 unassisted goals (though the 2nd came from a broken play after I received the pass to create the play behind the net), and an assist. We only put up 3, so I definitely got the job done and led the team.

Unfortunately, some other guys whom we rely on didn't get much done. I had a bad morning already, having had my phone & license stolen, so in the room afterward I had no chill and was yelling a good amount about it. It was deserved, IMO, and I didn't call anyone out in particular. They outta know though. In recent weeks we played soft teams and some were more interested in racking up points in a worthless blowout than playing as a team and working on possession, cycling, passing, etc. We have an 8 goal mercy rule and with teams like that, we often have to TRY to not end it early in the 2nd. So halfway through the 1st, I'm done and not even trying. I MIGHT get 1-2points in a blowout game, because I never shoot hard or try or I'll make extra risky breakaway moves. Or of course pass first. Usually no one puts 'em in despite me giving perfect passes in the perfect spot, but that's another story - lol. So anyway certain people go ALL OUT and aim for 3-4 goals in a blowout game, rather than work on basics and discipline. On one hand it's silly to care, but on the other hand we have this weekend's playoff game where THOSE PEOPLE DISAPPEAR AND DON'T HELP ANYTHING! Oh man that infuriates me. The "real" best players get things done and carry the team, and those stat padders spend most their game turning it over and not elevating their game.

There was also bad luck for some people that usually produce, like our D w/the bomb shot. I won 4 O-zone draws to him in a row and he just couldn't put one in. He usually does with that much opportunity, and I also like to circle behind the net and find him opposite side for a bomb. He didn't put any of those in either, and as usual every single time I drew all the defenders to my side of the rink or middle, leaving him open on the other point. 100% open and just no luck. Had 3 2-on-1s in the 1st w/a winger, gave a pass every time and the best he got was hitting the post. I almost caught a rebound. We didn't have anymore of those chances but had we, I was going to shoot after looking off the pass since they'd probably expect it again. Then I later set up or scored everything (rolls eyes). Just can't stand the stat padders that can't see themselves objectively and how it doesn't truly help their gamesmanship. This guy CAN play and is usually a huge part of our success, but he gets in his own head way too much. I suppose one could easily say the same about me as I have no problem calling it as I see it, but I always back my game up. Not many times do I disappear in big games like that, many times I've gotten points on at least 75% of our goals in elimination or finals games so I think that speaks for itself. And I'm not the type to do that and be lazy or blame anyone, I always urge everyone to do their best. Even if not scoring, just be a hazard for the other team. Lots of people lack the awareness to play that way, which sucks, but they don't like to take advice from others either. That's tough. We used to have one almost useless guy who played far out of his league, but he would be a die-hard role player. Absolutely LOVED that guy! He could barely hold the puck or shoot, but he'd do anything possible to create a play, interfere (cleanly), attack, forecheck, etc. He was more valuable like that than he could have ever possibly been if he didn't listen to the better players and use his IQ based on theirs.

/rant!

I play year round! I'll do at least my Thursday league for sure. I'm going to continue traveling, though every other week, so maybe I'll play a Tuesday league on those home weeks. The job is temporary as I do contract consulting, so we'll see how long I stay and will play accordingly. Once I'm home for good I'll do 2 leagues for sure.

Box Squats, sumo for the first time in over a decade. Probably not too useful with a box, but I did feel it in my hams quite well. I should rotate these and normal stance every other week, and use a different rep scheme with these. I'll keep it in mind!

135x10, 165x8, 205x8, 245x5, 255x5, 255x5

Seated Leg Curls SS w/Leg Extensions
    150x12 / 160x15
    150x12 / 180x15
    150x12 / 200x12
    20-30 seconds between supersets - whew

Wanted to do Pull-throughs but all the stacks were taken. Waited a few minutes but gave up. Grrr
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 03-27-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We have a trap bar but I've never used it for some reason. Partner is usually seen doing endless sets of 100-125lb. DB walks and he led us on those efforts. I was done and ready to leave, and he suggested I stay to do them w/him. So I did. They were easier than I expected, so next time perhaps we'll use the trap bar and load it up!

Hockey, ugh. Sorry for the impending book.

Since I've been traveling for work, I had to skip my Tuesday league games the past month. Last week was playoffs, we had 2 possible games to reach the finals. They lost the first one w/o me, so our season ended. I doubt we would have won the 2nd game that night with or without me, so it's just as well. Had we somehow done that, we would have probably won the championship. The toughest team was easily the one that would've been 2nd last week. Sucks to miss all those games.

But my Thursday league, I was psyched for. Then we lost our opening playoff game as well! We were missing a guy that would have made a difference, but we still should have won. I had 2 unassisted goals (though the 2nd came from a broken play after I received the pass to create the play behind the net), and an assist. We only put up 3, so I definitely got the job done and led the team.

Unfortunately, some other guys whom we rely on didn't get much done. I had a bad morning already, having had my phone & license stolen, so in the room afterward I had no chill and was yelling a good amount about it. It was deserved, IMO, and I didn't call anyone out in particular. They outta know though. In recent weeks we played soft teams and some were more interested in racking up points in a worthless blowout than playing as a team and working on possession, cycling, passing, etc. We have an 8 goal mercy rule and with teams like that, we often have to TRY to not end it early in the 2nd. So halfway through the 1st, I'm done and not even trying. I MIGHT get 1-2points in a blowout game, because I never shoot hard or try or I'll make extra risky breakaway moves. Or of course pass first. Usually no one puts 'em in despite me giving perfect passes in the perfect spot, but that's another story - lol. So anyway certain people go ALL OUT and aim for 3-4 goals in a blowout game, rather than work on basics and discipline. On one hand it's silly to care, but on the other hand we have this weekend's playoff game where THOSE PEOPLE DISAPPEAR AND DON'T HELP ANYTHING! Oh man that infuriates me. The "real" best players get things done and carry the team, and those stat padders spend most their game turning it over and not elevating their game.

There was also bad luck for some people that usually produce, like our D w/the bomb shot. I won 4 O-zone draws to him in a row and he just couldn't put one in. He usually does with that much opportunity, and I also like to circle behind the net and find him opposite side for a bomb. He didn't put any of those in either, and as usual every single time I drew all the defenders to my side of the rink or middle, leaving him open on the other point. 100% open and just no luck. Had 3 2-on-1s in the 1st w/a winger, gave a pass every time and the best he got was hitting the post. I almost caught a rebound. We didn't have anymore of those chances but had we, I was going to shoot after looking off the pass since they'd probably expect it again. Then I later set up or scored everything (rolls eyes). Just can't stand the stat padders that can't see themselves objectively and how it doesn't truly help their gamesmanship. This guy CAN play and is usually a huge part of our success, but he gets in his own head way too much. I suppose one could easily say the same about me as I have no problem calling it as I see it, but I always back my game up. Not many times do I disappear in big games like that, many times I've gotten points on at least 75% of our goals in elimination or finals games so I think that speaks for itself. And I'm not the type to do that and be lazy or blame anyone, I always urge everyone to do their best. Even if not scoring, just be a hazard for the other team. Lots of people lack the awareness to play that way, which sucks, but they don't like to take advice from others either. That's tough. We used to have one almost useless guy who played far out of his league, but he would be a die-hard role player. Absolutely LOVED that guy! He could barely hold the puck or shoot, but he'd do anything possible to create a play, interfere (cleanly), attack, forecheck, etc. He was more valuable like that than he could have ever possibly been if he didn't listen to the better players and use his IQ based on theirs.

/rant!

I play year round! I'll do at least my Thursday league for sure. I'm going to continue traveling, though every other week, so maybe I'll play a Tuesday league on those home weeks. The job is temporary as I do contract consulting, so we'll see how long I stay and will play accordingly. Once I'm home for good I'll do 2 leagues for sure.
    We dont have any playoffs. There are a lot of guys in our league that play their own way, there is no team "system" and all the teams kind of use similar tactics, so the same mistakes happen again and again , I know I make some of them. it comical most nights. Its frustrating as well. for instance on more than a few occasions I have tried to re-arrange things for D end face offs, especially if we are not getting the faceoff wins, I want to put the D man (me) in the wingers spot on the half boards facing off against the board side winger (4+1) that way both wingers are in the middle to rush the points...unobstructed...but they don't like this..disadvantaged or not, so that we always end up in the 4 high and 1 low set up....so they win the face off and get a point shot. This is part of the fun for me...some strategy. At least when we have a power play my D partner will usually switch sides with me for an offensive end face off, so I am off hand (left shooter on right side) so he can set me up for a one-timer. You are always going to get those folks who are too narrow minded to try different things. Scoring wise we have three guys who get most of our goals, many are not skill tho, there is a lot of garbage in the paint goals! For me I try to play my role, I dont pinch unless I know I wont get burned, and my partner will back me up. And I am a pass first..to the better puck handler, I just try to grind, cause turnovers, and be a very good obstacle....old school D man stuff.

We dont have any playoffs. There are a lot of guys in our league that play their own way, there is no team "system" and all the teams kind of use similar tactics, so the same mistakes happen again and again , I know I make some of them. it comical most nights. Its frustrating as well. for instance on more than a few occasions I have tried to re-arrange things for D end face offs, especially if we are not getting the faceoff wins, I want to put the D man (me) in the wingers spot on the half boards facing off against the board side winger (4+1) that way both wingers are in the middle to rush the points...unobstructed...but they don't like this..disadvantaged or not, so that we always end up in the 4 high and 1 low set up....so they win the face off and get a point shot. This is part of the fun for me...some strategy. At least when we have a power play my D partner will usually switch sides with me for an offensive end face off, so I am off hand (left shooter on right side) so he can set me up for a one-timer. You are always going to get those folks who are too narrow minded to try different things. Scoring wise we have three guys who get most of our goals, many are not skill tho, there is a lot of garbage in the paint goals! For me I try to play my role, I dont pinch unless I know I wont get burned, and my partner will back me up. And I am a pass first..to the better puck handler, I just try to grind, cause turnovers, and be a very good obstacle....old school D man stuff.
    That's what you need! I don't ever expect more than what our guys are known to be capable of. We also have no real system, but we try to do things in certain ways (breakout, cycling, change of plans to incorporate certain attacks when others aren't working, etc.)

The majority of us have been playing together for years so we know what we bring. One Dman, the one I had my rant about, he's famous for trying to do too much and causing more grief. One turnover led to a goal, which by the end of the game proved to be a game-changer. He tried to dangle around their forward, was the last man back, and got burned (again). With us, it's like any time we have a stupid play like that, we'll get scored on. He has the tools, just needs to improve the ol' toolbox and calm down. I shoot right and love getting on the left side of a play for the same one-timer. It's one of my signature moves - BOOM!

Our most quiet Dman sounds pretty similar to you. The only time he messes up is when he accidentally knocks it into our net (goalie should get these, but he also shouldn't have to worry about them - lol) or dumps it off a faceoff win to give up possession (argh!)

BB Rows (peg 6)
    135x20, 165x10, 195x10, 225x12, 245x8, 245x12 (!!!)

Gironda Chins
    6, 6, 5, 5

Explosive/squeezed peaks seated calf raise
    45x30, 70x20, 90x20, 120x12, 120x12, 140x10, 160x8, 160x8, 140x12, 110x20
    had to do something to pass the rest period between my back work, so I threw these in. Calves were kinda sore to begin with, but these felt great. Definitely can't hurt, either!

Machine Preachers w/5-second peaks 60x8
    SS w/High Pulley Cable Curls (narrow grip) 130x15
    SS w/Seated BB Curls from lap 85x10

Machine Preachers w/5-second peaks 70x6
    SS w/High Pulley Cable Curls (narrow grip) 130x12
    SS w/Seated BB Curls from lap 85x8
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 03-28-2018 at 06:45 PM.

Last minute, unprepared, late night workout. Did what I could!

Trap Bar Shrugs
    135x20, 225x12, 285x12, 335x8, 365x6, 365x6, 405x5
    +1 bonus deadlift to get em up. First time ever using the trap bar. Grip was useless tonight, had to rely on my hooks. Those aren't so great on a trap bar!

Definitely had way more in me for the deadlift part, which is nice as I haven't done them AT ALL since I broke my forearm & wrist 11 years ago.

BB Shrugs * =w/10-second stretch on last reps
    405x8*, 455x6*, 505x8 with leg boost

Workout #1 w/my wife. Coming back n in about 2 hours to do delts/triceps with my workout partner ������

Donkey Calf machine
    140x16, 160x15, 180x10
    180x10,5,5,5,5 RP set

Ski Calf Raise w/3-second peaks
    135x20, 165x15, 185x12 w/toe point static hold to failure

Crunch 8 / twist 8 / rev crunch 8

Ab Wheel (Front+L+R=1 rep) SS w/side plank
    4 / 20 seconds each side
    6 / 60 seconds each side

Serratus Crunch
    45s x8 drop 40s x5 drop 35s x6

Gironda Vacuums
    10-second hold x10
    10-second hold x10

Workout #2
    cut short because I got a phone call and had to leave. I missed the rest of delts and all of triceps for the week. Guess tris will get extra attention next week.

My delts are weak compared to how they used to be! But at least they're responding to the higher-rep hypertrophy work I've been focusing on for the past year, so I'll be happy with that!

Dual rack military press
    120x6, 140x6, 160x5

Dual rack medial press
    160x15, 200x12, 230x8
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 03-31-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Flat bench
    135x15, 185x8, 225x10, 225x10
    Replaced 245x8 with 225x10 again for tonnage purposes

Gironda Dips
    12, 12, 10, 10, 10

Wanted to do more but was a strapped for time. Dips were the important thing, and I did what I needed there.

Single Leg Donkey off a step
    10, 10, 10, 10 each leg

Donkeys
    +45x20
    Single alternating 8/5 each
    Single alternating 8/8 each

Seated calf raise
    90x25, 110x20, 130x15, 130x15

Incline Skullcrushers
    70x15, 90x12, 90x12, 110x8

Rev. Grip pressdowns
    90x15
    120x10 drop 100x8 SS w/Tail Ends 100x10 drop 80x8

BB Rows
    135x20, 165x10, 195x10, 225x10, 245x5, 245x5, 245x6, 245x6
    Couldn't use the adjustable rack, so I was going all free. I do a modified Pendlay row, so laying it at a stretch is crucial. Bah. Took it easy with more heavy sets, so I could get in the same volume. They were easy but I couldn't have pushed it too hard.

Gironda Chins
    6, 6, 5, 5

Pulldowns w/5-second negatives
    170x0, 185x8, 200x8

Sicilian Crunch SS w/Ab Roller SS w/Side Planks
    +20x5 / 8 / +20 @20 seconds
    +20x5 / 8 / +20 @20 seconds

Roman Chair Knee Raise
    +35x10, +35x10
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 04-03-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Nice upper body burn last couple of days! Only recently discovered that Gironda refers to an old school bodybuilder trainer, I read up a little on his version of the dips.

Nice upper body burn last couple of days! Only recently discovered that Gironda refers to an old school bodybuilder trainer, I read up a little on his version of the dips.
    They sound and look weird but they'll hit your pecs like you wouldn't believe!

Was going to do legs today but the family has been sick all week and I'm dead tired. Went in and lazily knocked out delts, calves, and biceps. Legs hopefully tomorrow or Sunday. Rack pulls (high for traps) and sled pulling Saturday.

Upright Rows, varying grip every 5
    75x10, 75x10, 75x20

Bent Rear Laterals SS w/Cable Rear Laterals 233 tempo
    40x12 / 30x8
    45x12 / 30x8
    45x12 / 20x10

Upright Rows, wide
    115x8, 135x5, 135x5

50x30, 75x20, 95x20, 125x12, 125x6, 145x10, 165x8, 165x8
    165x8,5,5 RP set

Machine Preachers w/5-second peaks
    70x8, 70x8

Seated BB Curls from lap
    65x15, 65x15

Incline Hammer Curls SS w/Incline DB Curls
    35x8 / 30x6

Went easy on my biceps since I plan to rope pull the sled on Saturday. Great pump though.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No worries, by that time I won't need as much to progress either It's funny, thinking back to my 20s and the huge workouts I did I sometimes can't even think of how I did it. But I like to think I've matured in my lifting and put 'that much more' into it with each set, so I get more out of them and thus the lower volume. Or my body just needs less, or the two aren't entirely separate ideas. Who knows! I just know results, I don't spend much time contemplating things I can't confirm. I think I mentioned it before but my partner works in education and is an artist. He's a deep thinker and during our workouts he likes to contemplate all sorts of ideas and theories regarding lifting. He brings up many good points and I'm reminded of the black hole of thought processes I used to get into in my younger days. Often I tell him the same thing, basically that I know what I know from experience and that's that. He likes that since it it's a cut & dry way of not seeking out answers endlessly.
    I think that there's a lot of truth to the idea of approaching your natural limits after about 10 years of training ... of course that means 10 years of training intensely and getting a load of volume under your belt. Muscle memory, neural pathways, knowledge and optimal nutrition all make up part of the picture. I think you can reach a stage where doing more doesn't necessarily gain you anything other than sore joints and tendons, so training smart is good

Farmer's Walk
    125lb DBs x60-75 feet?
    Always love to see the farmers' walks, and good weight to hang on to with the 125 pounders for that distance. My trainer has a set of 'suitcases' and I've had to carry 75kg/165lbs in each hand ... about 30 feet is the max before my grip goes. Wasn't as hard as doing a single handed one with him the other day ... 132lbs in one hand but totally changes the dynamics and makes it a major core exercise when the weight is unbalanced.You should try a few farmers' walks single handed to see how you go

BB Rows (peg 6)
    135x20, 165x10, 195x10, 225x12, 245x8, 245x12 (!!!)

Gironda Chins
    6, 6, 5, 5

45x30, 70x20, 90x20, 120x12, 120x12, 140x10, 160x8, 160x8, 140x12, 110x20
    had to do something to pass the rest period between my back work, so I threw these in. Calves were kinda sore to begin with, but these felt great. Definitely can't hurt, either!
    Great collection of exercises here .... strong volume in the BB rows and nice pairing with the Gironda chins
    Also always good to see calf work and I like the idea of the 'explosive' reps ... you're lucky to have a seated calf machine

Trap Bar Shrugs
    135x20, 225x12, 285x12, 335x8, 365x6, 365x6, 405x5
    +1 bonus deadlift to get em up. First time ever using the trap bar. Grip was useless tonight, had to rely on my hooks. Those aren't so great on a trap bar!

Definitely had way more in me for the deadlift part, which is nice as I haven't done them AT ALL since I broke my forearm & wrist 11 years ago.

BB Shrugs * =w/10-second stretch on last reps
    405x8*, 455x6*, 505x8 with leg boost
    Jealous that you had an easy trap bar deadlift @ 405 after not deadlifting for 11 years
    Hope you got good trap DOMS after all the TB and BB shrugs

Was going to do legs today but the family has been sick all week and I'm dead tired. Went in and lazily knocked out delts, calves, and biceps. Legs hopefully tomorrow or Sunday. Rack pulls (high for traps) and sled pulling Saturday.

50x30, 75x20, 95x20, 125x12, 125x6, 145x10, 165x8, 165x8
    165x8,5,5 RP set
    Hope the family recovers quickly and that you dodged the ebola. Hard to face up to legs or pulls when you're feeling sub-par. I'm imagining the calves feeling like they were tearing apart after the RP set
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

I think that there's a lot of truth to the idea of approaching your natural limits after about 10 years of training ... of course that means 10 years of training intensely and getting a load of volume under your belt. Muscle memory, neural pathways, knowledge and optimal nutrition all make up part of the picture. I think you can reach a stage where doing more doesn't necessarily gain you anything other than sore joints and tendons, so training smart is good
    I wish my nutrition was as solid as back in the day, but half the reason it's not is because it doesn't need to be. The other half is family and, currently, all the traveling. Having to chase a toddler around non-stop really drains your mental energy.

Always love to see the farmers' walks, and good weight to hang on to with the 125 pounders for that distance. My trainer has a set of 'suitcases' and I've had to carry 75kg/165lbs in each hand ... about 30 feet is the max before my grip goes. Wasn't as hard as doing a single handed one with him the other day ... 132lbs in one hand but totally changes the dynamics and makes it a major core exercise when the weight is unbalanced.You should try a few farmers' walks single handed to see how you go
    I'm not sure I could grip 165 in each hand these days. My grip is kinda shot IMO from the tendinitis and lack of specific training to help it. It's funny, I have a Captains of Crush #1 hand gripper that I can close once but when I apply that to the bar my grip gives out quickly. Those lifting hooks are a huge help and I'm progressive everywhere so it's hard to care much about my grip. It's weird, my grip is good to a point and I can hold on, but to go heavier I just lose it all. There was a time maybe 3 years ago where I couldn't even hold onto the bar to do more than 3 pullups before my grip gave way in my left arm. I've had all sorts of issues like that, bicep tendinitis in each arm, steroid shots to solve them, etc. Thankfully I've avoided surgery but this is still persisting. I've said it before but I'm lucky I can even get away with half of what I do now! In those years prior I had trouble doing nearly any direct bicep work and most my rowing.

Great collection of exercises here .... strong volume in the BB rows and nice pairing with the Gironda chins
    Also always good to see calf work and I like the idea of the 'explosive' reps ... you're lucky to have a seated calf machine
    I need to do the calf work or I'll look like a doof. I've got tiny ankles and therefore tiny calves which will always look small, so I have to do anything I can. I've got a long history of hard calf work and nearly-zero results to show for it. It wasn't until last year that I REALLY found something to kick them into shape. A mix of frequency and focus on the lift, but the explosive stuff is my own idea. I do that on my 2nd calf day of the week when they're already fatigued, so I can pop out a high peak and then go into a stretch for each rep. All my other work is pretty precise and slow.

Jealous that you had an easy trap bar deadlift @ 405 after not deadlifting for 11 years
    Hope you got good trap DOMS after all the TB and BB shrugs
    Haha, thanks! My traps were definitely sore. I bet I had 450ish in me, not sure what the regular bar would be. Maybe I should work that in soon, or at least when I don't have as many priorities elsewhere and can beat myself down with them.

Hope the family recovers quickly and that you dodged the ebola. Hard to face up to legs or pulls when you're feeling sub-par. I'm imagining the calves feeling like they were tearing apart after the RP set
    Thanks! My shoulder is killing me today so I'm not sure about hitting the gym. Tomorrow for sure unless the family needs me around all day. Calves were feeling hot, that's for sure
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 04-06-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Woke up sick and far too out of it to bother stressing myself in the gym today. Gonna keep tomorrow as an off day and consider the GPP work/leg day a loss this week. Damn! I was hoping to get over it but after 6 straight hours of having to blow my nose non-stop, and mostly the head pressure that came along with it, I could tell it would be asking for a bad time. Hate to skip a leg day since I had no hockey this week, but what can ya do. Hockey is back next Thursday and I fly out Monday for work, returning Thursday afternoon before I skate. I'll be plenty busy and will try to get in some lifts while on the road, even if they're light.

Decided to leave all my lifting stuff at home and take the week off. I still feel like hell 🤢

Over a week off, but I did play hockey on Thursday after feeling OK for a day. Had 4 goals in a 7-4 win against the team that bounced us last playoffs. Flu or not, there was no ****ing way I was going to lose u less I got sick all over the bench. Inspired by Crosby earlier in the week, I also scored a natural hat trick to bring us ahead from a 2 goal deficit. All in about 3 minutes!

Today's workout. Not too hard, not too easy.

Flat BB Bench SS w/Pulldowns
    135x20 / 100x20
    165x12 / 130x12
    205x10 / 170x10

Gironda Dips SS w/Pullups
    10 / 8
    10 / 8

Converging Chest Press w/6-8-second negatives (whatever I could get)
    120x8, 120x8

SS w/Machine Rows
    200x6, 200x6, 210x6

Squat Machine Calf Raise
    Warmups 90, 90, 120
    110x12, 140x10, 140x10

Seated calf raise
    120x12, 120x12, 120x15

Over a week off, but I did play hockey on Thursday after feeling OK for a day. Had 4 goals in a 7-4 win against the team that bounced us last playoffs. Flu or not, there was no ****ing way I was going to lose u less I got sick all over the bench. Inspired by Crosby earlier in the week, I also scored a natural hat trick to bring us ahead from a 2 goal deficit. All in about 3 minutes!

Today's workout. Not too hard, not too easy.

Flat BB Bench SS w/Pulldowns
    135x20 / 100x20
    165x12 / 130x12
    205x10 / 170x10

Gironda Dips SS w/Pullups
    10 / 8
    10 / 8

Converging Chest Press w/6-8-second negatives (whatever I could get)
    120x8, 120x8

SS w/Machine Rows
    200x6, 200x6, 210x6

Squat Machine Calf Raise
    Warmups 90, 90, 120
    110x12, 140x10, 140x10

Seated calf raise
    120x12, 120x12, 120x15
    Nice work on the hat trick!, Like Crosby? were any of them batted out of the air ?

Nice work on the hat trick!, Like Crosby? were any of them batted out of the air ?
    LOL no, but I have done that before! Better yet, and I think I may have mentioned this before, but you know those behind-the-net goals he's been scoring lately? That's been my thing for years and my team calls it a "Stinner goal". That my favorite player started doing it as frequently as I do is just hilarious to me.

And thanks!

I'm probably going to lift tomorrow, not sure what I'll do though. Legs would be ideal but I'd have to keep it pretty light as I play on Tuesday.

This will be another weird week. Want to hit legs but have hockey tomorrow/Thursday. So I’ll do it quick today with other small stuff, then start over again w/upper body mid-week.

Box Squats, sumo
    135x10, 165x8, 205x8, 245x4, 255x4, 255x4

1 less rep on last 3 sets compared to last time, to not push too hard so I can skate well tomorrow. This was tough enough anyway after a few weeks off AND being sick! Also skipped direct hamstring work for this reason.

Single leg Seated Calf Machine
    50x12, 50x15, 60x15, 70x15

110x20, 130x15, 150x12, 160x10,5,5 RP set

DB Curls
    25x15, 30x10, 30x10, 35x8, 40x6, 40x6

Overhead Cable Curls w/5-second peaks and negatives (heavy pulldown stack)
    80x6
    70x8 RP 30 second static

Ab Wheel (Front+L+R=1 rep) x4
    SS w/Gironda Vacuums 10-second hold x6
    SS w/Side Plank +45lbs. @ 30 seconds each side
    SS w/Machine Crunch 100x15
    SS w/Side Plank +45lbs. @ 20 seconds each side
    SS w/Gironda Vacuums 5-second hold x10
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 04-17-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Not playing tonight after all, so I lifted.

Flat bench
    135x15, 185x8, 225x5, 225x5, 225x5, 225x5
    More shorter sets to swing back into things. Same overall tonnage. Felt weak today and it's only been 4 days since my last chest routine anyway.

Gironda Dips
    12, 12, 10, 10, 10

Bicycles
    10, 10, 10 each side

Crunch 8 / twist 8 / lying leg lifts 8
    Crunch 8 / twist 8 / lying leg lifts 8

OH DB Extensions
    20x20, 25x12, 30x12, 35x10, 40x8

V-bar pressdowns
    100x15, 130x12
    160x8 w/static @20 seconds
    160x8 w/static @20 seconds

Face pulls
    100x15, 110x12, 130x10, 130x10

Upright Rows
    95x12, 95x10
    These bugged my delts today

Machine L-Laterals