Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
    ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by StinnerOzz View Post
    Good luck! We're all in the same boat being out of practice, hopefully us better-conditioned folks will have an advantage!

I don't think you're too heavy, maybe you're too trained for one thing vs. another. That's how I felt when I stopped playing for 10 years, got into lifting (never had before), added 70lbs., and all my legs ever did was squat for explosive movements (low rep and done) or go slllloooowww for hypertrophy. Had I trained more dynamic effort w/weights that may have panned out differently.

Anyway, at that point I dropped to mid-180s and for a few years through tendinitis injury to just maintain and stay happy. I was more happy to be playing again that lifting was secondary but always there. Eventually got over my injuries, got bitten by the bug again, and was able to add some weight and reach the 200s again. Stayed around there maintaining/leaning out a little bit perhaps, and eventually got back up to the 210s. Over all this time, my legs were doing as much hockey training via skating upward of 4x per week for a few years, and adjusting my leg work in the gym a little. Nothing major, but something to build muscle and hope I get some strength/balance/etc. benefit too. I was traveling weekly and only playing once for half a year when I hit 210s again, so after that was done I cut down again to low 190s. Now I'm at high 190s/200s w/more LBM. This is all on what I would normally consider a half-ass diet too, so if you're really dialed in you can really look amazing getting the best of everything. I've just got too much going on that I found my happy diet medium. Trying to find ways to keep it easy and make it better, which oddly enough seems to be working during this quarantine. I've basically been Q'd for 2 months straight here so I eat less because I have no hockey days.

You're a big guy, what is your game day nutrition like? I used to go crazy but as I approach 40 with aspirations to retain the body of a 20 year old I've wisened up - LOL. If I'm low on carbs, I feel it quickly. If I have too many, I feel fine, but it doesn't help my physique. I love crushing an entire pizza for a meal and still having multiple other meals though, damn... Anyway, I've come most recently to eat lower carbs throughout the day, some junk snacks if I feel like it, and then a bowl of boring-ass oatmeal pre-game. It's made me feel and play well, so if I can do that and it does well for everything then I'm all for it.

I'm going to take a cue from you and do some box jumps! I haven't done those in over a decade, but "speed on ice" is all I need to hear. I need more of a jump!
    I wish I could say I was eating less, but I am mostly not. I'm trying to compensate for no hockey w/ long, brisk walks but my weight loss has stagnated. Worse, being home all the time invites boredom binging. I just ate a box of chocolate covered raisins and a bag of chips a few hours ago, ruining my macros for the day.

Generally speaking I eat 3000-3200 calories a day assuming I'm playing hockey or lifting. If it's both, I eat 3500. If I have two games AND train, I'll eat 4000. Those days are rare, as I generally play Tuesday/Wednesday/Saturday, but occasionally my league games get rescheduled. Since February I have been trying to lose weight so I've dropped my daily intake to 2800 calories, but on days I train and play puck anything goes. When hockey restarts I'm gonna try and stop going so ballistic with my diet on those days. I've dropped from a peak of 235 in January to 217 in early April, but as I've said my quarantine binging has thrown me off, so I'm back up to 221 as of Monday.

I highly recommend box jumps as a simple and quick workout for that first step. Some days, certainly not most or all, but some day on the ice I feel like I've never been faster. I'm not sure how true that is, except for a year off after high school I've usually played at least once a week. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the box jumps have been the difference.

StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ScottNeely View Post
    I wish I could say I was eating less, but I am mostly not. I'm trying to compensate for no hockey w/ long, brisk walks but my weight loss has stagnated. Worse, being home all the time invites boredom binging. I just ate a box of chocolate covered raisins and a bag of chips a few hours ago, ruining my macros for the day.

Generally speaking I eat 3000-3200 calories a day assuming I'm playing hockey or lifting. If it's both, I eat 3500. If I have two games AND train, I'll eat 4000. Those days are rare, as I generally play Tuesday/Wednesday/Saturday, but occasionally my league games get rescheduled. Since February I have been trying to lose weight so I've dropped my daily intake to 2800 calories, but on days I train and play puck anything goes. When hockey restarts I'm gonna try and stop going so ballistic with my diet on those days. I've dropped from a peak of 235 in January to 217 in early April, but as I've said my quarantine binging has thrown me off, so I'm back up to 221 as of Monday.

I highly recommend box jumps as a simple and quick workout for that first step. Some days, certainly not most or all, but some day on the ice I feel like I've never been faster. I'm not sure how true that is, except for a year off after high school I've usually played at least once a week. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the box jumps have been the difference.
    OK, so I don't feel so bad! I usually work at home and am still on the job now, so it's business as usual for me thankfully. I definitely feel the binge snacking though, I'm up late with a quiet house every night too and that's usually the worst. Or when the wife just orders junk and I can't say no because why should I not get a treat too...

Lifting and hockey in the same day, yeah I'd eat everything in sight too. I did that a couple times and remember having one of the worst games EVER, so going with hockey superstition laws I vowed to not do that anymore. I like the 2-3 games in one night deals. Talk about getting the most out of your calories, plus once you enter a zone you can just go forever - LOL.

How do you structure the box jump training? Sets, reps, frequency, how often do you increase height attempts vs. stay at a static height, etc. If you think you get benefit from them, I'd believe it for sure. Everything about the idea suggests it couldn't NOT help. Even if it's in my mind, that helps too sometimes
    Lifting. Hockey. Headbanging.

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175144571

StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    UPPER

Warmups

Parallel Dips x8 / Neutral Grip Pulldowns 115x8
    Parallel Dips x8 / Neutral Grip Pulldowns 115x8

Slight Incline BB Press (been a while!)
    w/3s concentric & hard-squeeze peaks: 165x8-10?
    RP dead stop reps +half rep @bottom 165x6,4 RP
    SS Gironda Dips x10
    SS w/High position Slastix Band fly/dip hybrid around heavy band @ 2 minutes w/varying rep tempo

Back tri-set
    BB Rows / Pullups 3s negatives / Band Pulls 5s peaks
    265x6 / x6 / 5s peaks x6
    RP 4 / 5 / 6
    RP 3 / 4 / 5
    Wheeeew

Seated rear delt row (emphasis on rear delt rotation, need to bulk em up)
    30s between each
    90x8, 90x8, 90x6, 90x6

I haven't got a wide pulley bar yet, so I put a broken stick shaft through my nylon grip attachment. An APX2, no less - lol…

Gironda lateral swing, each way = 1 full rep
    20s between each set
    25x8, 25x6, 25x6
    Added 5lbs and figured I'd get at least 8 reps. Big difference…

Elbows Wide Pushdowns (hockey stick bar again)
    90x8 RP 70x10,8 RP

EZ wide grip bench
    110x12,8 RP
    SS w/band pressdown iso holds x8 @ 5s

EZ Curls (Gironda style: wide elbow/close grip), 20s rest between each
    80x8, 80x8, 80x8, 80x8

LOWER / CALVES

Warmups
    Skater Squats / single-leg ham bridge / free sissy squat
    8 each / 10 each / 6
    6 each / 10 each / 6

Single leg calf warmups

Linebacker Landmine (30lb. apparatus) Calf Jump Raise off a step (a bit of momentum for extra weight, but focused & controlled form) SS w/Seated Calf Raise
    90x20 / 90x12
    140x15 / 90x10
    160x12 / 90x15 RP

DB calf hops
    50s x50, 65x30

Bulgarian Squats SS w/Lying Hamstring Band Curl iso SS w/Sissy bench w/3-5s negatives & peaks whatever I could
    30s between sets
    40s x6 each / 5s x8 / x5
    50s x6 each / 10s x2, 5s x4 / x5

60s RP / 60s x3,3 each alternating / 10s x2, 5s x6 / x5
    RP Lying Leg Curls: 60x15
    SS w/cable single leg extensions w/5s peaks 25x8? Each

UPPER - heavy day

Decline Crunch w/3s peaks: 8, 8
    Each SS w/gironda vacuum @20-30s

Flat BB Bench: 135x10*, 165x8*, 205x3, 235x1*, 265x1*, 295x1
    * SS w/Pullups x6

Gironda High Pulley row, 30s rest between each
    125x8, 125x8, 125x8, 125x8

Hang Snatch Grip High Pulls
    225x3
    245x2, 245x2, 245x1
    Still practicing heavier weight. Not quite to proper height yet.

Was going to do more for abs, but work beckoned and I lost my flow. Ab work sucks anyway, so oh well.

Glad to be near 300 on bench again! I'd probably have it if I tried, or didn't have my safety catches RIGHT at my pecs. When I bottom out, it hits the catches and it's not as perfect of a rep as it would be w/a spotter and no safeties. No worries, just noting. The next pin on my rack is too far apart. I want to get a new rack with better spacing, let's see if I can catch one when in stock sometime. I also ordered a pulldown machine which should be delivered in a couple weeks (hopefully).

I like these Gironda high rows a lot because they really hit the rear delts. And they also replicate the "J" path that I used to do via "J Pulldowns", where on the eccentric you scoop outward/upward to elongate the lats. I trust Vince so I'll do these a lot, and I love that I thought of something very similar.

My legs are killing me after yesterday's workout. Doing tri-sets with short rest between them is killer! Much more enjoyable than endless grueling sets, too.
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 05-05-2020 at 03:57 PM.

ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ScottNeely has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by StinnerOzz View Post
    OK, so I don't feel so bad! I usually work at home and am still on the job now, so it's business as usual for me thankfully. I definitely feel the binge snacking though, I'm up late with a quiet house every night too and that's usually the worst. Or when the wife just orders junk and I can't say no because why should I not get a treat too...

Lifting and hockey in the same day, yeah I'd eat everything in sight too. I did that a couple times and remember having one of the worst games EVER, so going with hockey superstition laws I vowed to not do that anymore. I like the 2-3 games in one night deals. Talk about getting the most out of your calories, plus once you enter a zone you can just go forever - LOL.

How do you structure the box jump training? Sets, reps, frequency, how often do you increase height attempts vs. stay at a static height, etc. If you think you get benefit from them, I'd believe it for sure. Everything about the idea suggests it couldn't NOT help. Even if it's in my mind, that helps too sometimes
    yes i blame my wife for the junk in the house, but not having a place to go all day makes me eat it.

i do about 6-10 reps of 3 or 4 sets at 30 inches. i get lazy and just bound up and down each rep from the floor to the box, but that's probably not good for the knees. if im feeling smart i grab a smaller box to step down from after each jump.

i should probably attempt a higher height at some point. honestly it's just a quicker/lighter explosive movement that you could throw in as a variation to more serious lifts.

Originally Posted by ScottNeely View Post
    yes i blame my wife for the junk in the house, but not having a place to go all day makes me eat it.

i do about 6-10 reps of 3 or 4 sets at 30 inches. i get lazy and just bound up and down each rep from the floor to the box, but that's probably not good for the knees. if im feeling smart i grab a smaller box to step down from after each jump.

i should probably attempt a higher height at some point. honestly it's just a quicker/lighter explosive movement that you could throw in as a variation to more serious lifts.
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot this week! I guess for our purpose, hitting another inch or two doesn't really make a difference as long as we're still exploding. Never heard of a hockey player bragging about their vertical, haha. Plus, less risk for missing/hurting something. It's just as well, my legs are perpetually sore between 2-3x lift sessions and the cardio complex stuff. I have a feeling jumps @ easy heights are going to be brutal after a few reps anyway.

I really flew tonight, this was all done in under an hour.

Got a bunch of new gym flooring, a mix of the heavy duty 3/4" rubber that is 100lbs. per mat, and some light foam that is 1/2". Going to be able to fill up most of the gym area with floor protection now! Also got a new plate tree being delivered tomorrow, which isn't much but will be nice to have. My current one has angled pegs so sliding big plates off can be tricky. This new one has straight pegs, plus better spacing so I can put 45s on any peg I want unlike my current one.

UPPER

Warmups

Gironda Dips x6 / pullups x6
    Gironda Dips x6 / pullups x6

Rack Pullups w/3s concentric: +25x8
    SS w/Gironda High Pulley row 125x12
    RP Landmine linebacker (30lbs) Rows w/3s peaks:
    160x6 / drop 135x5 / drop 90x8

Decline Bench pin press (maybe 2" off, due to my rack)
    w/2 half reps @bottom 225x5 / RP straight reps 225x8
    RP Flat Guillotine Press: 165x8 +25s iso hold @ halfway on last rep
    SS w/High position Slastix Band fly/dip hybrid around heavy band @ 2 minutes w/varying rep tempo

OHP: 155x3 strict
    Push Press: 205x2 half reps. ****, that sucked. Decline bench was pretty taxing though. Can't expect to hit PRs after that often, and I have been for weeks…

Ab Circuit / intermission
    Decline Crunch into situp x5 / toe to bar x4 / hanging trunk curl x4 / hanging knee raise x6 / twist crunch on bosu ball x5 each side / Janda situps x4 / V-sits x4 / Side Plank +25 @ 40s each side

Rear Delt W raise/rotation, 20s between sets
    20x10, 25x8, 25x10

Gironda Tricep Giant Set, 20s between each giant set
    EZ Skullcrushers/Wide EZ Press/Pullover
    75x8 each / 75x8 each / 75x8 each

80x8, 80x8, 80x8, 80x8, 80x8, 80x8

LOWER / ABS / CALVES

Warmups

Hang clean/front squat/Rev. Lunge each leg/Back Squat
    85x4 each

Full clean/front squat / kneeling leg extension / RDL
    115x4 / 8 / 8

Decline Crunch into situp x5 / toe to bar x6 / twist crunch on bosu ball x5 each side / Janda situps x5 / V-sits x4 / vacuum @30s

Single calf, various

-----

Linebacker Landmine (30lb. apparatus) Calf Jump Raise off a step (a bit of momentum for extra weight, but focused & controlled form)
    160x12 / seated 90x15 SS w/DB hops 55x40
    160x10 / seated 90x12 SS w/DB hops 70x25

Snatch Grip RDL cluster/pyramid set
    185x4,3 add 225x5,5 (+4)

Cable Knee Tuck w/3s peaks 25x8 +40s static hold
    SS w/Wood Chopper iso holds, high: 50@25s each side
    SS w/Wood Chopper iso holds, low: 25@25s each side

Dead Stop Hack Squats
    245x3 add 275x3 add 315x4,3 RP - squeezed at top

SS w/Sissy Bench w/5s negatives x5
    SS w/Lying Leg Curls w/3s peaks/negs: 50x15
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 05-08-2020 at 03:31 PM.

UPPER

Warmups

Incline pushups / face pulls
    2 sets

Decline Bench w/3s squeezed mid-rep iso (trying something new)
    225x6,4,4 RP
    RP Flat Guillotine Press: 165x10 +25s iso hold @ halfway on last rep
    SS w/High Slastix Band fly/dip hybrid around heavy band @ 2 minutes w/varying rep tempo

Gironda Chins, cluster set 4,4,
    SS w/landmine rows 45x4,6 each arm, alternating no rest
    RP Neutral Grip Pulldowns w/5s peaks & negatives 90x8?
    SS w/Band Pulldown 5s iso x8

Gironda DB Lateral Swing, 20s between each set
    20x8, 20x8, 25x8, 25x8

Rear Delt W raise/rotation cluster set
    25x12,8,8

DB Hammer Curls *w/3s peaks
    30x5* add 35x5* add 40x
    SS w/Gironda Perfect Curl: 65x10
    SS w/Cross Body Curls w/3s peaks: 30x5,4 each, no rest

V-Bar Pressdowns w/3s peaks 90x10
    SS w/Fwd Cable Extensions w/stretch 45x15
    SS w/BTB Dips x18
    SS w/band pressdown iso holds x8 @ 5s

Was going to do high pulls, but I dropped a plate on my toe and can barely put pressure on it.

Slow start today, taught my son to do box jumps. I didn't use a box since we didn't have enough height, so I let him use it. He did great! I just did explosive jumps from the floor to as high as I could pop. Then I taught him walking lunges and he had perfect form when he finally paid attention and tried

LOWER / CALVES

Warmups
    Box jumps SS w/single-leg elevated ham bridge
    6 / 8-10 each - 3 sets

Single leg calf warmups

Linebacker Landmine (30lb. apparatus) Calf Jump Raise off a step (a bit of momentum for extra weight, but focused & controlled form)
    180x10,6,6,10,12 RP
    RP Seated Calf Raise cluster set: 90x10,10,8,8,8

Ab Circuit
    Decline Crunch into situp x8 / toe to bar x6 / V-sits x6 / Bosu Ball iso crunch x3 @ 10s

Bulgarian Squats SS w/Lying Hamstring Band Curl iso SS w/Sissy bench w/3-5s negatives & peaks whatever I could
    30s between sets
    40s x6 each / 5s x8 / x5
    50s x6 each / 10s x2, 5s x4 / x5
    60s x3,3,3 each alternating no rest

RP Lying Leg Curls: 70x12,6 RP
    SS w/Sissy Bench x10,6 RP

Ab Circuit, 10s between each
    Decline Crunch/situp/serratus press 25x8 +20s iso / toe to bar x4 / hanging trunk curl x4 / hanging knee raise x6 / Starfish crunch (twisting/fingers to toes) a few/a few/a few RP
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 05-11-2020 at 09:00 PM.

UPPER

Warmups
    Incline Pushups / paused pullups - 2 sets

Slight Incline BB Press w/3s squeezed mid-rep iso, 20s between sets:
    165x6, 165x6, 165x6 +20s iso last rep
    SS w/Guillotine Press: 135x12
    SS w/single-arm high pulley cross/fly: 45x10 each

Back tri-set - BB Rows / Pullups 2s mid-rep iso & negative / Band Pulls 5s peaks
    265x6 / 4 / 5
    RP 5 / 4 / 5
    RP 4 / 4 / 5

Snatch Grip High Pulls, 30s between sets
    185x3, 185x3, 185x3, 185x3, 185x3

Elbows Wide Pushdowns: 70x15,6 RP
    SS w/pressdowns 70x10
    RP CG Bench 135x15
    SS w/band Rev pressdown iso holds x8 @ 5s

80x8, 80x8, 80x8, 80x8, 80x8, 80x8

UPPER - heavy day

Flat BB Bench: 135x10*, 165x8*, 205x3, 235x1, 265x1*, 300x0* - ****!
    * SS w/Pullups +25x4

I felt that 300 was gonna be a fail before I even did it. Held it halfway about 10s for a decent flex, at least. Can't fully expect to jump like 30lbs in 3 weeks after not strength training in 18 months though! Not to mention I'm eating to lose rather than gain, so I'm not even hopped up on calories either.

Get-a-lot-done-quickly-circuit, 10s rest between each subset..more tiring than it seems! Combo cardio day, kinda.

Hang Snatch Grip High Pulls: 205x3
    SS w/Decline Crunch into situp x8
    SS w/box jumps x3

SS w/Toes to bar x6
    SS w/box jumps x3

SS w/Hanging leg raise iso hold @ 20s
    SS w/box jumps x3
    SS w/Inside out foot flutters @ 30s?

SS w/box jumps x3
    SS w/twisting mountain climbers x12 each

SS w/box jumps x3
    SS w/serratus press crunch 30s x6 +10s iso last rep

Incline DB Curls: 35x10,7,6,6 RP

BTB Dips x20,10 RP
    SS w/OH DB Press single arm alternating 25x10,8,6 each
    SS w/Face Fwd Cable Extensions w/3s peaks 45x10

LOWER / ABS / CALVES

Warmups

Single leg calf raise w/light band x10 each leg - 3 sets

BW Squats / Lunges / Single Leg Ham Bridge
    20 / 10 each / 10 each
    10 / 20 each / 10 each

Decline Crunch w/5s peaks x8 / toe to bar x6 / twist toe touch crunch on bosu ball x5 each side / twist mountain climbers x10 each / V-sits x6 / vacuum @20s, 20s RP

Heavy Band calf raise off a step
    40 / single x5 each
    40 / single x5 each
    Band around neck, looped around rack catch. Pretty good trick for perpetual resistance.

185x6,4 (+2,1)
    RP 225x5,5

Dead Stop Hack Squats
    245x3 add 275x3 add 315x4,5 RP - squeezed at top (+2)
    RP Kneeling leg extensions +25x15
    SS w/Lying Leg Curls w/3s peaks/negs: 50x15,10 RP

UPPER

Warmups: incline pushups / inverted rows - 2 sets

Decline Crunch w/5s peaks x6 / toe to bar x6 / twist toe touch crunch on bosu ball x5 each side / twist mountain climbers x20 each / vacuum @20s, 10s RP

Rack Pullups w/3s concentric: +25x8
    SS w/Gironda Standing High Pulley row 90x8 (VERY different from the seated variation!)
    RP Landmine linebacker (30lbs) Rows w/3s peaks:
    160x8 / drop 135x5 / drop 90x8

Decline Bench w/3s squeezed mid-rep iso 225x6,4,5 RP (+1)
    RP Flat Guillotine Press: 165x8 (+1) +20s iso hold @ halfway on last rep
    SS w/High position Slastix Band fly/dip hybrid around heavy band @ 1 minute w/varying rep tempo

Gironda Laterals Swings SS w/rear delt W raise
    25x8 / 25x8
    RP 20x8 / 20x8
    RP 25x6 / 25x6

Decline Crunch w/5s peaks x8 / twist toe touch crunch on bosu ball x10 each side / V-sits x6 / twist mountain climbers x15 each / vacuum @20s,15s,15s RP

BTB Dips w/purple band: 15,10,8,8 RP
    SS w/Face Fwd Cable Extensions: 35x20

Incline DB Curls: 35x12,8,6,6 RP

LOWER / ABS / CALVES

Warmups

BW Squats / Lunges / Single Leg Elevated Ham Bridge
    20 / 10 each / 10 each
    10 / 10 each / 10 each

Single leg calf raise w/heavy band x10 each leg - 3 sets

Decline Crunch x10 + 20s iso - 2 sets

-----

Heavy Band calf raise off a step / heel to floor
    +25x30 / seated calf 90x10
    RP +25x20 / seated calf 90x10
    RP +25x20 / seated calf 70x15

Decline Crunch w/3s peak: +30x5, +40x5
    Flat w/3s peak:+50x5 +10s iso last rep

Bulgarian Squats SS w/Lying Hamstring Band Curl iso SS w/Sissy bench to floor
    30s between sets
    40s x6 each / 5s x8 / x5
    50s x6 each / 10s x2, 5s x4 / x8
    60s x5,4 each alternating no rest (same reps in 1 less set) / 10s x2, 5s x4 / x5

Lying Leg Curls: 50x35 RP
    SS w/Sissy Bench to floor x6
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 05-18-2020 at 04:52 PM.

UPPER

Warmups
    Gironda Dips / inverted rows - 2 sets
    28-30" width, playing around

Slight Incline BB Press w/3s squeezed mid-rep iso, 20s between sets:
    170x6, 170x6, 170x6 +20s iso last rep
    RP Gironda Dips: x8
    SS w/single arm high pulley dip/fly hybrid 25x20 each (add)

Back tri-set - BB Rows / Pullups 2s mid-rep iso & negative / Band Pulls 5s peaks
    270x6 / 4 / 5
    RP x5 / 4 / 5
    RP x4 / 4 / 5

190x3, 190x3, 190x3, 190x3, 190x3

(+5lbs. on everything above)

-----

Elbows Wide Pushdowns: 70x15,8 RP
    SS w/Fwd rope cable extensions 45x15,8 RP
    SS w/CG Bench 135x25 / quick reps

80x8, 80x8, 80x8, 80x8, 80x8
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 05-20-2020 at 03:24 PM.

CARDIO COMPLEXES

20-30s between sets:
    A2G Squat/OHP/RDL/Snatch Grip Rows
    65x8,7,6,5

Front Squat/Jerk from delts/Split Squat each leg
    65x 3 reps each, 4 sets total, no rest between anything

Low wood choppers 20x20 each
    SS w/Gironda Vacuums 20s,20s RP

High wood choppers 35x20 each
    SS w/Gironda Vacuums 20s,20s RP

V-Tuck/serratus DB press w/20s x10,4 RP +15-20s iso on last rep of each
    SS w/Twist Mountain Climbers x20 each leg

Then I went roller blading with my son

Even with lowering the weight and removing a couple extra exercises for volume, I hate these cardio complex days! This version is much easier to survive, but they still suck. It's still a hybrid cardio/bonus leg work day, essentially. Also gotta work on low wood choppers, I don't like the feel at all. May just skip em all together. The tuck/press move felt great though.

LOWER

Warmups
    Skater Squats / Single Leg Elevated Ham Bridge / Walking Lunges
    8 each / 10 each / 10 each
    8 each / 10 each / 10 each

+35x30 / seated calf 90x10
    RP +35x20 / seated calf 90x10
    RP +35x20 / seated calf 70x20

185x6,4
    RP regular grip 225x5,5

Dead Stop Hack Squats: 295x8,5,4,3 RP
    SS w/box jumps x10

Lying leg curls w/3s peaks/negs: 50x15,8 RP
    SS w/Sissy bench x8 deep

UPPER - heavy day. Skipping trying to hit 300. I was lazy all day and feel like it's asking for trouble. So triples it is!

Flat BB Bench: 135x10, 165x8, 205x6
    SS w/Pullups +45x4, +45x4, +45x4

Flat BB bench: 235x3, 255x3, 255x3

Decline Crunch x5 w/3s peaks / 20s iso last rep - 2 sets

DB Side Laterals, reps/peaks
    25x 5/5, 4/4, 3/3, 2/2, 2/2
    20x 5/5, 4/4, 3/3, 2/2, 2/2, 2/2

Rear Delt W Raise, reps/peaks
    25x 5/5, 4/4, 3/3, 2/2, 2/2, 2/2
    Not a good exercise for peak holds…

Kneeling high wood choppers 45x15 each
    SS w/Gironda Vacuums x3RP, 20-30s each

CG Bench SS w/EZ Drag Curls
    155x15 / 95x12
    155x12 / 95x10

Incline DB Skulls w/deep stretch: 35x12
    SS w/Face Fwd Incline Kickbacks: 20x13
    SS w/Fwd Cable Rope Extensions w/5s peaks: 35x10 / 20s peak last rep

Incline DB Curls +half-rep @ stretch: 30x7
    SS w/guillotine cable curls w/5s peaks: 70x8

V-Tuck/serratus DB press 20s x10,5 RP
    (+20s iso on last rep each)
    SS w/Twist Mountain Climbers x20 each leg

Bro split change-up week

Feeling like my triceps are getting smaller. They've always been one of my best parts, but I've slacked on them for a while since I'm always so worn down by the time I get to them. Biceps too, but they've been responding well. I may remove them from my 3x weekly upper routine and just do high-volume once weekly like I used to. We'll see. Everything else is coming along nicely. I'm leaning out, not losing much weight and thusly assume that I'm retaining a lot of/as much muscle as possible, and my abs are coming out. Serratus and obliques are etching out nicely, my focus on rear delts the past couple months has been paying off for sure (took some pics to compare to last winter and was surprised at the difference). Just when I feel like cutting totally sucks, I take a step back and see the big picture and thankfully save myself from giving up. I'm far from 100% what I "could do", but I'm trying not to kill myself mentally. Back in the day, sure, but this is bad enough. I'm getting used to a lot fewer calories & carbs, although I bet they'd help my workouts a lot! Either way, I'm getting it done and not suffering. If I have some junky food I average the cals/macros out over the day and try not to worry. As long as the progress continues I can deal w/not being at my absolute best.

CHEST/BACK/ABS

Warmups: Gironda Dips x6 / inverted rows x8 each - 2 sets

Guillotine Press SS w/Gironda Standing High Pulley Row
    165x10 / 80x10
    185x8 / 100x8
    185x6 / 100x6
    155x15 / 70x15

V Tuck Serratus DB Press
    25s x10, 35s x8, 35s x10 +20s iso last rep

Rack Pullups
    +70x10 drop +25x6
    +70x10 drop +25x6

Gironda dips w/heavy band x6 - didn't work well. Bah.

Neutral Grip DB Press SS w/High Slastix band around heavy band AND rack posts**
    Slight Incline 85x10 / @60s
    Flat 85x10 +20s iso last rep / @60s
    **Trying to make this a better crossover copy, with a downward emphasis. Wrapping around the rack was genius!

Single arm landmine rows
    80x4,4,4 each arm alternating, no rest
    I was f'n DONE after these.

Decline crunch into situp
    10 +crunch x5
    10 +crunch x5

Heavy band Incline pushups SS w/rows
    10 / 10
    20s peaks last rep of each
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 05-26-2020 at 03:51 PM.

DELTS / TRAPS / CALVES

+35x30, +45x20, +45x20
    2up/1down: +25x8 each

Seated Calf: 90x15,10,8 short RP

OHP: 95x15, 105x12

Standing Arnold Press: 30x20

Snatch Grip High Pulls
    190x4, 190x4, 190x3

BB shrugs, quick reps, deep stretch/hard contraction
    190x25

Seated Rear Delt W Raise: 30x20,10,8 RP

Seated DB Side Laterals
    30x10 drop 25x6-8 drop 20x6
    Short rest / 30x8 drop 25x6 drop 20x6 / 10s pause 15x12

Heavy band rear delt row x30,20,15 RP

This volume thing is killing me. Can't tell if it's being conditioned to be done after a few sets or it's just my lack of calories. Or maybe I'm going too hard on everything even when I don't intend it. Oh well, if I don't give my triceps their own day after this I'll at least focus on the ol' long head more.

ARMS / ABS

DB Hammer Curls SS w/OH BB Extensions
    20x20 / 45x20
    30x12 / 75x12
    35x10 / 85x10

V Tuck Serratus DB Press
    25s x10, 35s x8, 35s x10 +20s iso last rep

-----

Pressdowns SS w/Rope tail ends SS w/Drag Cable Curls
    Straight 70x15 / 45x15 / 70x10
    Straight 70x15 / 45x12 / 55x15

Giant sets, not to failure:
    Scott Curls/Cross-body DB Curls/DB Hammers/Heavy band curls
    20x15 each / 20x15 each / 25x12 / x15
    25x8 each / 25x8 / 30x10 / x10

BTB Dips SS w/light band kickbacks
    +45x20 drop +25x10 / x15 each arm

Tri-sets not to failure:
    Rev. Grip pressdowns 25x12 each
    SS w/cable face fwd extensions 45x10
    SS w/incline DB kickbacks 25x12

Pressdowns 45x15
    SS w/cable face fwd extensions 45x8
    SS w/incline DB kickbacks 30x12

High wood choppers 45x12 each
    SS w/Gironda Vacuums @ 20s
    SS w/v sits x6,4,4 RP
    SS w/Gironda Vacuums @30s
    SS w/Twist Mountain Climbers x30 each leg
    SS w/Gironda Vacuums @20s +10 lame seconds, I was toast
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 05-28-2020 at 08:54 PM.

LOWER / ABS

Lower vol so I can get back to more frequency early next week.

Warmups

Skater Squats / Single Leg Elevated Ham Bridge / Walking Lunges
    6 each / 10 each / 10 each
    6 each / 10 each / 10 each

V Tuck Serratus DB Press 20s x8 w/3s peaks / toe to bar x6 / vacuum @20s

Single leg calf raise w/heavy band x10 each leg - 2 sets

+70x15, +70x15, +70x15
    SS w/Seated calf 90x12,8,6 RP

Twist toe touch crunch on bosu ball x10 each side / vacuum @20s / twist mountain climbers x15 each / vacuum @20s

Frog crunch +25x10, +25x8, +25x8 15s between sets

Bulgarian Squats SS w/Landmine Linebacker Front Squats (30lb. apparatus)
    40x8 / +70x40+ RP

Landmine Linebacker Single-leg squat (30lb. apparatus)
    like bulgarian but with a planted foot
    +45x8 each (+extra half-repfor left leg)
    +45x8 each (+extra half-reps for left leg)

Gironda BW sissy squat w/bump x8
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 06-08-2020 at 07:50 PM.

UPPER 1

Warmups
    Gironda Dips SS w/Rack Chins x6 each, 2 sets

Hanging Trunk Curl SS w/V-Tuck x6 each, 2 sets

Flat Guillotine Press, cluster sets not to failure
    165x8, 165x8, 165x8, 165x8
    SS w/Decline DB Press w/3s peaks: 70x
    SS w/High Slastix Band fly/dip hybrid around heavy band & rack @ 60sec

Gironda Chins, cluster set 4,4,4,4
    RP Neutral Grip Pulldowns w/5s negatives 125x12? Lost count
    SS w/rack pullups x15
    SS w/Heavy band iso rows 5s x10

Gironda DB Lateral Swing, 20s between each set
    25x8, 25x8, 25x6, 25x6

Rear Delt W raise/rotation cluster set: 30x8, 30x8, 30x8

Incline DB Curls: 35x12,8,6,6 RP

Close Grip bench 185x12 SS w/pin press x6,6 RP

RP Lying DB Extensions (behind head for stretch)
    25x6 add 30x6 add 35x8 drop 30x8
    SS w/Rev grip heavy band pressdowns 5s isos x12

ABS / CALVES

Legs are still kinda sore from this weekend, so I’ll push them back another day and do all the small lagging stuff today.

Single leg calf raise off a step w/heavy band
    10 each leg x2 sets

Frog Crunch, extra hard contractions (trying to get my form better to make a difference here)
    20, 15, 15, 15

Heavy Band calf raise off a step / heel to floor, 20s between sets
    +100x10, +100x10, +100x8 +100x6

Seated calf raise
    90x15, 115x12

Seated Cable Crunch +45x10
    SS w/Standing Cable Crunch +45x15
    SS w/Swiss Ball Crunch x12

SS w/Kneeling Cable Crunch +45x12
    SS w/Swiss Ball Crunch x10

SS w/Standing Cable Crunch +45x12
    SS w/Swiss Ball Crunch x10

Torn on proper form and path for the Swiss ball crunch. Trying to make them hit my abs as much as possible. Anybody reading and have preferences? I'm just trying to contract as hard as I can because everything I've been doing in the past, by this point, should have given me some decent abs and I'm still fighting for 'em!

Will do more calf work tomorrow w/legs!
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 06-02-2020 at 07:21 PM.

LOWER

Warmups
    Skater Squats / Elevated Ham Bridge / Walking Lunges
    8 each /+25x10 / 8 each
    8 each /+35x10 / 8 each

Calf Raise off a step: +25x10, +45x10, +45x12

---

RDL cluster/pyramid set
    185x6,4 / RP regular grip 225x5,5

+90x15 / single leg seated calf 45x10 each
    RP +90x15 / single leg seated calf 45x10 each

Standing Calf off a step, 2up/1down
    +35x8, +35x10 each
    +2 for left leg each set

Dead Stop Hack Squats, 20-30s between sets
    275x6, 275x6, 275x6, 275x5

Lying leg curls - no crazy tempo, but controlled: 50x20

Gironda Sissy Squats w/bump +20x8
    SS w/sissy bench 5s negatives/peaks x4
    SS w/box jumps x6

I think my abs are coming out a bit. My pecs look awesome with a pump lately. I think the attention to "shaping", such as it is, is really helping. Not that I believe I'm only working a portion of a muscle, but I'm definitely putting emphasis there and seeing results (or I'm just magic, which is good too).

The past 2 chest routines have felt AWESOME. I'm trying harder and harder every session to really get my pecs firing so hard that they're sore after minimal work. The dips here were a nice burner, the pullovers were to get them stretched a bit and hit the top (plus a hopeful beating for the serratus), and my beloved band fly/dip thingies felt amazing.

UPPER #2

Warmups
    DB Fly/Press SS w/Inverted Rows
    60x8 / x10 - 2 sets

Gironda Dips, 33" wide for the first time, 20s between sets, alternating norma/reverse grip
    6, 5, 5, 5
    SS w/DB Pullovers w/deep stretch: 60x10
    SS w/High Slastix Band fly/dip hybrid around heavy band & rack @ 60sec

245x5 / 5 / 5
    RP x4 / 5 / 5
    RP 225x6 / 4 / 8
    Rows lighter/slower than usual. Maybe stick with 225.

195x4, 195x4, 195x4, 195x6
    +5lbs
    -1 set of 3
    +6 reps total

Started trying to get my calves into it more. The first time I did the barbell almost went flying out of my hands from the momentum. That's a good sign that I nailed it!

SS w/Incline Rotation Side Delt whatever this is https://youtu.be/1KFgz0rGflc?list=WL&t=175
    20s x8 (meh)

DB Hammer Curls: 30x4 add 35x4 add 40x6-8? lost count
    SS w/Incline DB Curls: 30x10

Incline diamond push---ups x15
    SS w/Lying DB Extensions (behind head for stretch) 30x15
    SS w/BTB dips x15
    SS w/Rev grip heavy band pressdowns 5s isos x10-12? lost count
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 06-04-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Skipped last night, did an altered full body today.

UPPER / LOWER

Warmups, all lightly by feel, just a giant circuit:
    Dips 5 / Pullups 6 / Skater Squats 4,4/ DB RDL 30x8 / Single-leg DB Calf Raise 30x8 / Serratus DB press crunch 30x6
    x2 sets

Big Stuff cluster sets (like EMOM but quicker)
    Decline BB Bench / DB Rows / Gironda Sissy / Goblet Squat
    205x5 / 90x6 / +30x4 / +30x6 / 70x5
    30s rest / 205x5 / 90x5 / +30x6 / 70x5
    30s rest / 205x5 / 90x5 / +30x5 / 70x5
    40s rest / 205x5 / 90x4 / +30x6 / 70x5

That was tiring as ****. Great full body/cardio combo! I didn't push anything too far, and the rep form and speed should do the job.

Calf Raise off a step 2up/1down
    +25x4,4,3,3,2,2 each leg, alternating no rest
    +iso hold x30+ seconds

Slight Incline DB Press: 70x15,8 RP
    SS w/Slastix band/heavy band fly @60s

Pull--ups 10,10

Single-leg Squat (like Bulgarian w/foot planted)
    95x5,4,3,2,1 each leg alternating no rest

Was gonna do the Ab trisets but my son came down and I got sidetracked. Oh well, the warmup and secondary work will have to do!
    Last edited by StinnerOzz; 06-26-2020 at 04:00 PM.

UPPER #1

Shoulder feels messed up today, skipped dips.

Warmups
    Incline push---ups SS w/Rack Chins x10/8 each, 2 sets

Slow toe to bar SS w/V-Tuck x6 each, x4 each

Flat Guillotine Press, clusters: 165x8, 165x8, 165x8, 165x8
    SS w/Decline DB Press w/3s peaks: 70x8,4 RP

130x8, 130x8, 130x8, 130x8
    SS w/Neutral Grip Pulldowns w/5s negatives 130x5
    RP Linebacker Landmine Row (30lb. apparatus): +90x10,5 RP
    SS w/Heavy band iso rows 5s x8

DB Side Laterals, 20s rest
    25x10, 30x8, 30x6, 15x15

Rear Delt W raise/rotation, 20s rest
    30x10, 30x8, 35x6, 20x15

Cross body DB curls 30x12,6 RP
    SS w/Zottman curls 25x8,5 RP

Rope French Press: 45x20,10 RP
    SS w/cable kickbacks 25x10,4 RP each
    SS w/Rev grip heavy band pressdowns 5s isos x8?

SS w/Standing Cable Crunch +45x15
    SS w/wood choppers high 45x6 each
    SS w/Swiss Ball Crunch x12
    SS w/abwheel x10
    SS w/wood choppers high 45x5 each