TheyMirin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheyMirin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheyMirin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheyMirin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheyMirin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheyMirin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Advice for a guy trying to get his Personal Training Certificate

I've heard it can cost up to 7,000 dollars and take about 6 months to get a certification for personal training. I'm not looking to become one, but want to have the experience in case I need to do it someday as a backup career.

Since, my career path is Physical Therapy.

Who knows, I could make some money for grad school training people; but I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

I have 9 years of knowledge with exercise, but that doesn't mean I am certified. And, I definitely don't know everything.

Kinesiology major.
    Last edited by TheyMirin; 12-12-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159598861

Stay tuned for what I've been doing since then ^

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just focus on being a physiotherapist. It's more money, and the people with degrees usually make terrible trainers, because they're spending all their time going, "I should be doing something better than this!"

Just focus on being a physiotherapist.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Kyle is right. You will start to feel that way once you are surrounded by all those 'certified' trainers.

Minor in nutrition. That is a real 'backup'. After a few years working with old people as a Physical therapist, you are going to want to change environments. A lateral move into nutrition would be better than a step down as a personal trainer.

Start thinking post grad. Everyone has an undergrad these days.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The $7K option is probably NPTI which is basically a school. Most personal trainers dont spend that much but NPTI is pretty good since its a 6 month program. Because of your education, take a look at ACE and NSCA-CPT. They are both well respected and under 1K. With your background you probably could handle their exams.
    Joe
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com