Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1169
    irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for sharing. It’s nice feeling to get your gym equipped with what you need and what you want. I’m pretty satisfied with what I have now as well.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    Updated pictures of Jim's Gym.
    This has been 20 years I've had a home gym. I have everything now that I need. I'll start focusing on things I want next, mainly upgraded plates. I'd like to upgrade my PowerTec Leverage Gym

Great gym. I added the Inspire FTX too and really like it (it was for my wife! I swear!! - she did get me over the edge though). Never thought about lying extensions on it but going to give it a whirl as I used to really like those on a cable when I first started lifting ages ago.

I'm out of room and at the point where I have all my needs and all the wants that I can accommodate. Really enjoyed building it out over the years and kind of bummed to be "done" but anything I'd do from here would be extravagance and superfluous (ie replace the remaining standard plates with revolvers so all plates match, buy a fancy new power bar just because, upgrade my adjustable bench just because...). Reminds me to post some updated pictures as the layout for open space in the front is really improved with the FTX and getting rid of the Glute Ham.

You definitely have all the needs in place - don't rush to finish the wants. It's a labor of love!
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by therealocgamer View Post
    Very much a work in progress https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...03&pagenumber=

Currently outfitting the downstairs of a garage as a dedicated home gym (with the actual garage/storage area upstairs). Here's a 3D drawing of how it would look (minus the large garage folding door, which we're not doing). The size is very good - about 680 square feet/63 square metres. About 6.3 metres (21 feet) wide and 10 metres (33 feet) long

Here's an actual photo from last week. The ceiling height of the downstairs area, where the gym will be - will shake out at about 9 feet 3 inches.

We've already purchased a few bits of equipment that are currently sitting in storage:
    * Hit Fitness Power Rack F200 (about 7 feet high), with barbell, bench and bumper plates
    * Hit Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells (they can be adjusted from 5kg per hand, to 40kg per hand)
    * Hit Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike G8

Just a quick update - ceiling nearly finished on the gym; so it's probably going to shake out at just under 9 feet6inches when finished, and a floor area of just under 560 square feet...

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...03&pagenumber=

sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This has been 20 years I've had a home gym. I have everything now that I need. I'll start focusing on things I want next, mainly upgraded plates. I'd like to upgrade my PowerTec Leverage Gym to the newer model, it has many more adjustment possibilities. My older one still works. The only things I have from when I originally started putting together a home gym are my Hampton deep dish and VtX grip plates, Hampton Oly bar and curl bar, and the 3 - 30lbs dumbbells. I started buying new things that I actually wanted during the Covid shutdown since prices were pretty much the same or less than the used market. I've had to downsize space wide after a divorce and move. I went from and 1800 sq foot unfinished based to this is in an over sized one car garage with low ceilings, barely over 7'. I need better mirror options/placement.

Here's the Inspire FTX functional trainer from Costco and my Body Solid seated calf raise. I kept the short bench that came with the Inspire FTX, I actually like it and use it with the FTX and for lying tricep extension. It's much closer to the floor, I think it's only !3" tall.

This is my older PowerTec Leverage Gym and the IronMaster hyperextension attachment with the dedicated seat. They hyper is sturdy, but light enough to easily move in and out of position to use.

This is my Body Solid leg press/hack squat combo. I've got two sets of hundo oly plates.

IM 2000. I use this as a Smith Machine and for any pulldown/seated row movements. It's incredibly smooth in all facets. If you only had room for one piece of equipment I honestly think this would be the one. Granted the attachments start getting pricey, but you can use it for pretty much everything and with the J-hooks and spotter arms you can do free weight exercises with it also. Also numerous attachments.

I've individual hex dumbbells from 5 to 50lbs in 5lb increments and 60 to 100s in 10lb increments. I have 2.5lb and 5 lb plate mates to fill in all the inbetweens. I also have the IM quick lock dumbbells with the heavy handle kit and 120lb expansion kit. With the heavy handle the dumbbells actually go up to 135lb. I could get by with just these if I needed, but I still like having the individual dumbbells. That's the Titan Fitness utility bench. The bench is OK, not real heavy duty. I have the IronMaster utility bench attachment for my SuperBench Pro, that came out after I already bought this.

Better look at the IM dumbbells and additional plate storage.

Barbell storage, I bought the Rogue wallmount storage just because the Titan was out of stock. I have a Titan Fitness 5' Oly bar, my old Hampton Oly bar, Rogue multi-grip bar and Rogue SSB. I only bought the Rogue bars because the Titan ones were out of stock at the time also. More IM SuperBench attachments on the ground. The leg ext/curl which I love. The preacher attachment and the short back utility bench attachment. I sold a dedicated ParaBody leg ext/curl bench to free up some room for my 1/2 rack and haven't missed it all, I think the IM attachment is that good. The Titan upright barbell holder is on the ground with my old Hampton curl bar and Titan trap bar.

This is my latest addition, the Titan T series short squat stand with the half rack expansion kit. This fits perfectly under my low garage door and is very sturdy. I'm going to find a metal fabrication place and have them make a cross support for the top of the back weight storage uprights. I'm surprised Titan doesn't sell something like that. I called their customer service and they confirmed they don't make anything like that. I've got this set up for Hatfield squats, I have the XII:XI squat wedges and the Titan squat handles. It works great.

looks great

RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500) RosalynNewton is not very helpful. (-500)
    Hi,

how much normally it costs?

GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by sribond View Post
    looks great
    Just WOW!!!

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KieranB1996 View Post
    gym equipment is just so expensive!
    It is actually an investment with a very high rate of return. The best plan is to start basic and inexpensive, but just start!

Best wishes!
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This has been 20 years I've had a home gym. I have everything now that I need. I'll start focusing on things I want next, mainly upgraded plates. I'd like to upgrade my PowerTec Leverage Gym to the newer model, it has many more adjustment possibilities. My older one still works. The only things I have from when I originally started putting together a home gym are my Hampton deep dish and VtX grip plates, Hampton Oly bar and curl bar, and the 3 - 30lbs dumbbells. I started buying new things that I actually wanted during the Covid shutdown since prices were pretty much the same or less than the used market. I've had to downsize space wide after a divorce and move. I went from and 1800 sq foot unfinished based to this is in an over sized one car garage with low ceilings, barely over 7'. I need better mirror options/placement.

Here's the Inspire FTX functional trainer from Costco and my Body Solid seated calf raise. I kept the short bench that came with the Inspire FTX, I actually like it and use it with the FTX and for lying tricep extension. It's much closer to the floor, I think it's only !3" tall.

This is my older PowerTec Leverage Gym and the IronMaster hyperextension attachment with the dedicated seat. They hyper is sturdy, but light enough to easily move in and out of position to use.

This is my Body Solid leg press/hack squat combo. I've got two sets of hundo oly plates.

IM 2000. I use this as a Smith Machine and for any pulldown/seated row movements. It's incredibly smooth in all facets. If you only had room for one piece of equipment I honestly think this would be the one. Granted the attachments start getting pricey, but you can use it for pretty much everything and with the J-hooks and spotter arms you can do free weight exercises with it also. Also numerous attachments.

I've individual hex dumbbells from 5 to 50lbs in 5lb increments and 60 to 100s in 10lb increments. I have 2.5lb and 5 lb plate mates to fill in all the inbetweens. I also have the IM quick lock dumbbells with the heavy handle kit and 120lb expansion kit. With the heavy handle the dumbbells actually go up to 135lb. I could get by with just these if I needed, but I still like having the individual dumbbells. That's the Titan Fitness utility bench. The bench is OK, not real heavy duty. I have the IronMaster utility bench attachment for my SuperBench Pro, that came out after I already bought this.

Better look at the IM dumbbells and additional plate storage.

Barbell storage, I bought the Rogue wallmount storage just because the Titan was out of stock. I have a Titan Fitness 5' Oly bar, my old Hampton Oly bar, Rogue multi-grip bar and Rogue SSB. I only bought the Rogue bars because the Titan ones were out of stock at the time also. More IM SuperBench attachments on the ground. The leg ext/curl which I love. The preacher attachment and the short back utility bench attachment. I sold a dedicated ParaBody leg ext/curl bench to free up some room for my 1/2 rack and haven't missed it all, I think the IM attachment is that good. The Titan upright barbell holder is on the ground with my old Hampton curl bar and Titan trap bar.

This is my latest addition, the Titan T series short squat stand with the half rack expansion kit. This fits perfectly under my low garage door and is very sturdy. I'm going to find a metal fabrication place and have them make a cross support for the top of the back weight storage uprights. I'm surprised Titan doesn't sell something like that. I called their customer service and they confirmed they don't make anything like that. I've got this set up for Hatfield squats, I have the XII:XI squat wedges and the Titan squat handles. It works great.

Looks fantastic. Few clarifications if I may ask.
    -I see that you have Inspire FTX FT. How are you doing lat pull down sitting? which bench are you using? leg/thigh support?
    -I see IM Ultimate row bar. I also have IM & just received this ultimate Row bar but i have not started yet. Wondering how do you feel lat pull down with this & what all you do with that bar?

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, looks like the stickies are the only threads we can keep, at the top with all the his spam. Here is my latest pickup, posted in the LWIBT thread. Replaces the leverage gym I sold during the pandemic. Doing a pad swap with my CAP bench since the Powertec looked bad, then I have REP replacements coming for $75.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sribond View Post
    Looks fantastic. Few clarifications if I may ask.
    -I see that you have Inspire FTX FT. How are you doing lat pull down sitting? which bench are you using? leg/thigh support?
    -I see IM Ultimate row bar. I also have IM & just received this ultimate Row bar but i have not started yet. Wondering how do you feel lat pull down with this & what all you do with that bar?
    Sorry, just noticed you asked questions. I don't really use this for pulldowns. I have done them and will sit on the floor and use the individual handles. Mainly lighter higher rep work. I'll also do a seated one arm pull in ala Doug Brignole. Those work well.

I haven't really used the IM Ultimate Row bar in several months, I have a lot of other options. When I do use it, it feels fine, nothing outstanding. I will say that if you only had room for one bar, I would make it this one. I really like it for T-Bar rows.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    FWIW I'll post a few update pics of my DB UHMW Spotters from BWTG and the Marrs Bar once it's configured and I get it situated where it has to go.

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Thanks! It's a non-name brand 6 bar holder (no UHMW), picked it up from a small shop on eBay for like $50. Hasn't done any damage to the knurling on any of my bars that I can tell, now that all my bars are rackable I could make it wider and have it rest on the sleeves I guess. But I'm not too concerned about it
    I have a couple of older Rogue gun racks that were bare metal. I bought some clear rubber fish tank tubing (3/8"?) and it into 3" pcs., then slit it lengthwise and slipped it over the bar holder section of the rack. It protects the bars, and just stays in place. Worked out well for a couple of bucks.
    Last edited by twodog; 04-09-2023 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Spelling
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Installed these, yesterday:

The rack is only meant for the aluminum bars for my functional trainer. The rack is probably heavier than the two bars on it, combined

When I eventually get a 2nd plate-loadable DB handle, I'll put storage for the both of them below left.

I can't put much weight on anything there. I've no idea how that paneling is secured to the basement walls, but, from everything else the original homeowner did, my guess is "not very well." Plus the space is tight in there, between the FT and my squat stand, so putting even an EZ Curl bar on that rack would be an invitation to eventually dinging something up.

In an earlier post somebody asked about racks with lining to protect the bars. Here are close-ups of this one:

Last edited by Michiganian; 04-10-2023 at 09:23 AM.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's really nice looking! Need to up my game a bit with storage, my bar holders are all metal without UHMW protection. So far no issues, just sit things down gently and I've never seen damage to the knurling. But I keep saying I'm going to put something on them, some day haha.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000) Michiganian is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's really nice looking!
    Thanks!

That bar rack turned out to be a lot more substantial than I expected. As you can see: It's got some unused large mounting holes. Came complete with 1/4 in. lag bolts and matching anchors. Most of the time, yesterday, was spent drilling four holes for #12 screws, for mounting, instead.

The thing to the lower-right is just a garage/shed tool hanger it turned out I didn't need and just happened to have around. Thought "Hey, that'd be perfect for that straight triceps pull-down bar and a couple other things."

Need to up my game a bit with storage, ...
    I'm pretty much maxed out. There just isn't all that much wall or floor space available. Not without having to duck into or through my FT and squat stand, which I'm loath to do.

What I'm really running out of space for is plate storage. I've got two 10 lb. bumper plates sitting on the floor behind the plate tree already. I've got a pair of 1¼ lb. change plates arriving tomorrow. When I max-out my Hoist/IronMaster 45 lb. adjustable DBs I'm going to need to add 2x25 lb., 4x10lb, 2x5 lb., 2x2.5 lb., and another 2x1.25 lb. plates for a 2nd loadable DB bar.

I'm going to have to buy the half-rack conversion for my squat stand just for the plate storage

Hmmm... When I add all that up I may find it'd be cheaper to replace my adjustable DBs with a heavier set?

ETA: Added it all up. Incl. the additional plate-loadable DB bar: $727 + tax. Yeah, I think it's time to be on the lookout for a new set of adjustable DBs.
    Last edited by Michiganian; 04-10-2023 at 10:13 AM.

Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    An updated fix for my Powertec lat machine's selectorized stack after their faulty washer crumbled apart inside the selector pin when in use, here's the before pic of the Powertec pin...

https://imgur.com/a/BispM78

And here's the after pic with the Bare Steel Equipment selector pin...

https://imgur.com/a/rN5n4Lc

I normally never had an issue with Powertec's customer service/parts service, but this recent time whoever was replying back about the pin issue was irresponsible and never replied following up on the replacement part, so I decided to go with Bare Steel Equipment's selector pin with the multiple magnets inside the pin and it stays on the plates solid with no issue of it breaking down, I also went ahead and purchased a double sided lanyard from amazon for the pin (Powertec's pin was complete garbage anyway). Not much else to be said about the part, but my lat machine's up and running again and I'd highly recommend replacing any cheap stack pin(s) with one of these.

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post

And here's the after pic with the Bare Steel Equipment selector pin... [url]https://imgur.com/a/rN5n4Lc[/url
    Nice pickup, it bites when a small part can keep you out of the game. The magnets are a nice touch.
    Last edited by twodog; 04-18-2023 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Added something
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Finally got the safety spotter arms for my Titan X-3 Short Squat Stand today.

Don't think I have to worry about failing a lift with these bad boys on there, now

Just in time for front squats, tomorrow

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Michiganian View Post
    Finally got the safety spotter arms for my Titan X-3 Short Squat Stand today.

Don't think I have to worry about failing a lift with these bad boys on there, now

Just in time for front squats, tomorrow
    Looks good. I bought the landmine attachment, but I don't like it because it has to connect/attach too high off the ground IMO. It has to go above the front brace where the uprights attach. Just an FYI if you're considering one. Overall mine is a sturdy unit. It should serve you well.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Would it be a waste of money if I bought a Buffalo bar if I already have an SSB bar?

I've had to stop back squatting a while ago, and SSBs have been a life saver. But, I can't help but wonder if a Buffalo bar would also add something else to the mix.

It's mostly just mobility/shoulder issues that have stopped my back squats.

Bridge9 is not very well liked. (-100) Bridge9 is not very well liked. (-100) Bridge9 is not very well liked. (-100) Bridge9 is not very well liked. (-100) Bridge9 is not very well liked. (-100) Bridge9 is not very well liked. (-100) Bridge9 is not very well liked. (-100) Bridge9 is not very well liked. (-100) Bridge9 is not very well liked. (-100) Bridge9 is not very well liked. (-100) Bridge9 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Some of you guys look to be spending big money on your setups. I'm jealous!

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Demona86 View Post
    Would it be a waste of money if I bought a Buffalo bar if I already have an SSB bar?

I've had to stop back squatting a while ago, and SSBs have been a life saver. But, I can't help but wonder if a Buffalo bar would also add something else to the mix.

It's mostly just mobility/shoulder issues that have stopped my back squats.
    I don't have a Buffalo Bar, but I'd say it won't be a waste of money if you intend to use it for squat and bench. Odds are you'll like it for one, if not both, and it will indeed add something to the mix. Just for squatting, I wouldn't bother unless you can try one out first. It could end up as a wall hanger or go up for sale if you don't end up liking it. I've talked myself out of it with this logic because I would only potentially use the Buffalo Bar for bench. For squatting, I invested in a Marrs Bar, and I doubt I will ever want another bar.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bridge9 View Post
    Some of you guys look to be spending big money on your setups. I'm jealous!
    My setup costs more than some people's cars, but keep in mind that you hit the point of diminishing returns pretty quickly if you do your homework and invest in equipment that offers a lot of functionality and bang for your buck.

I'm a fan of premium made-in-USA gear, but you can get just as strong buying smart from companies like Bells of Steel, Titan, and Rep Fitness.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I don't have a Buffalo Bar, but I'd say it won't be a waste of money if you intend to use it for squat and bench. Odds are you'll like it for one, if not both, and it will indeed add something to the mix. Just for squatting, I wouldn't bother unless you can try one out first. It could end up as a wall hanger or go up for sale if you don't end up liking it. I've talked myself out of it with this logic because I would only potentially use the Buffalo Bar for bench. For squatting, I invested in a Marrs Bar, and I doubt I will ever want another bar.

First off, glad to see the forum bumping back to life a bit. Second, I would definitely say I agree with this, also to me the Buffalo Bar reminds me that it would be way too cumbersome inside the rack along with having to have the right kind of J-cups for it (I do the majority of my barbell work inside my rack rather than outside of the rack). The Marrs Bar is cutting it close in tightness, but I manage to make it work for now since it's my primary bar for squats now and the way I can re-arrange it works to have enough space for the floor oriented lifts inside the rack.

In my opinion the Marrs Bar no doubt is my choice and anything benching I would pick something cambered like the Kadillac Bar, or use DBs to get something extra from regular benching...however if you have the room for it and funds for it then I see no problems with the Buffalo Bar for said purposes and you like it which is the most important aspect for your home gym.

Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demona86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the opinions guys.

I can't quote replies yet (sorry).

Maybe I will hold off on the Buffalo bar for now.

I did a lot of mobility work on my shoulder today and front squats felt a lot better, so the ssb+front sq combo should be plenty.
    I was just bummed for a while ONLY doing ssbs.

Registered User sophiaWindsor02's Avatar
    sophiaWindsor02 sophiaWindsor02 sophiaWindsor02 sophiaWindsor02 sophiaWindsor02 sophiaWindsor02 sophiaWindsor02 sophiaWindsor02 sophiaWindsor02 sophiaWindsor02 sophiaWindsor02
    I like this recommendation . this should be easily obtainable by anybody.
    Regards
    Sophia Windsor

Originally Posted by TheDude8734 View Post
    Personally I've heard mixed reviews on the consistency/quality control for Titan equipment over the years, but I've never owned anything from the company.

Have you owned or used Titan equipment? If so, what were your thoughts?
    I don't own any Titan gear but I've heard they have improved. Still not top-tier.

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Demona86 View Post
    Thanks for the opinions guys.

I can't quote replies yet (sorry).

Maybe I will hold off on the Buffalo bar for now.

I did a lot of mobility work on my shoulder today and front squats felt a lot better, so the ssb+front sq combo should be plenty.
    I was just bummed for a while ONLY doing ssbs.
    You might be able to go back to back squats by using a specialty straight squat bar, such as the 1 by Texas Power Bar. Worked for me (but I've kept my SSB, just in case).

Originally Posted by TheDude8734 View Post
    Personally I've heard mixed reviews on the consistency/quality control for Titan equipment over the years, but I've never owned anything from the company.

Have you owned or used Titan equipment? If so, what were your thoughts?
    I bought a few things from Titan within the last year or so. I have a non-rackable trap bar, 5' oly bar, short squat stand with the plate attachment. I have the 12" pro-duty plyo box. I also have their seated stationary/utility bench.

The squat stand is perfectly fine, I needed the short one to fit under my garage door and the plate storage really makes it much more stable. I'm not a fan of the landmine attachment just because the way it swivels and how high it needs to attach really doesn't work for my current set up. The Plyo box is a tank. Their seated stationary bench is a lightweight POS. It's the least heavy-duty piece that I own.
    Packaging was fine on everything. I was missing some nuts/bolts on the weight holder attachment for the squat stand. I contacted their customer service and they quickly sent them out to me. Now I have way too many LOL. Trap bar and 5' oly bar are great. I got some things at sales prices, there squat stand was discounted substantially while my order was being shipped. They wouldn't refund the difference which I thought was chicken$hlt. I didn't want to hassle with cancelling the order, sending it back, since it was in transit. So far that's been my only knock against them.

My Rogue Manta Ray Bench just got delivered in 3 boxes today in a timely manner (exactly 29 days) there's 1 more box that's expected to be delivered tomorrow. I'll be getting to the assembly soon and keep yous updated...

Edit: I'm almost done assembling the Manta Ray Bench (was missing a bushing so I contacted Rogue and they're right on it and sending me a replacement one right away).

Initial impressions are that the pictures don't do the bench justice of how extreme of a tank this bench really is (it's really too much and that's why I dig it) and the gripper vinyl as well as how well constructed the bottom material holding it together is makes the upgrade justifiable from the Adjustable 2.0 (If I'm even making any sense at all lol).

I'll take some comparison pics soon of the two benches once I get the replacement bushing to finish the build.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 08-03-2023 at 04:42 PM.