Thread: Getting Lean

cole1561 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Getting Lean

Hey all. I'm trying to get as shredded as possible, not really to interested in packing on a bunch of muscle as I'm in the military and the way we do things it's a lot better to be light and agile then big and heavy. Anyways I have no idea what my BF% is. I do intermittent fasting around 16-18 hours a day and have a 6-8 hour eating window where I consume 1200-1700 cals per day. I'm 5'11 and my last recorded weight was 184. That's down from 219 so I've lost 35 pounds so far. I'm not exactly sure what weight I should get down to. I'm a newbie lifter but I'm currently doing strong lifts 5x5 with a little bit of isolation exercises like pull-ups, dips, that sort of thing. Trying to lift as heavy as possible to minimize muscle loss while being in a calorie deficit. Is this a good strategy to lose as much fat as possible or am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be appreciated! I'd include pictures but it says I need to have 50 posts for that.

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pullups and dips are not isolation exercises.

Lifting heavy is good. Being an active male of a normal weight eating 1200-1700 calories is not. Eating too little will not minimize muscle loss. Read the stickies on calculating your needed calories and adjust your diet accordingly.
    Also be aware that the leaner you get the slower weight loss will have to be. Being that you've lost 35 pounds so far you might have the expectation to keep seeing linear weight loss, but that isn't what you want if you want fat loss. The more fat you have the faster you can lose it.

Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Read the stickies.