Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    boydwgrossii is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need nutrition help

I'm trying to develop discipline in my diet to cut back on some body fat. I used to be 240 lbs. Now, I'm around 200 and much better. Problem is that the people I work for provide all the groceries and they get all the unhealthy stuff that is good. I've asked in the past for more healthy foods and such, but that's not been helpful. I'm going to be buying my own groceries, but at the expense of one of the perks of the job.

That being said, I'm trying to eat very healthy on a budget. I've tried meal prepping, but on the 3rd day, I'm tired of eating the same thing. I'm not sure what to do now and am open to suggestions.

I've tried to find an app that does meal planning based around the Blue Zone diet, but to no avail. I've considered talking to some friends about developing an app for that where it also builds your grocery list based on what you have and what you need for your meals.

I'll take any and all advice.

Thanks.

Positive Mental Attitude Aristotelian's Avatar
    Aristotelian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aristotelian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aristotelian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aristotelian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aristotelian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aristotelian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aristotelian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aristotelian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aristotelian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aristotelian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aristotelian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by boydwgrossii View Post
    I'm trying to develop discipline in my diet to cut back on some body fat. I used to be 240 lbs. Now, I'm around 200 and much better. Problem is that the people I work for provide all the groceries and they get all the unhealthy stuff that is good. I've asked in the past for more healthy foods and such, but that's not been helpful. I'm going to be buying my own groceries, but at the expense of one of the perks of the job.

That being said, I'm trying to eat very healthy on a budget. I've tried meal prepping, but on the 3rd day, I'm tired of eating the same thing. I'm not sure what to do now and am open to suggestions.

I've tried to find an app that does meal planning based around the Blue Zone diet, but to no avail. I've considered talking to some friends about developing an app for that where it also builds your grocery list based on what you have and what you need for your meals.

Thanks.
    There is a Nutrition forum, which can be found here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

You may have better luck there.

For what it's worth: I don't understand how your work situation entails that your employers buy your groceries for you. It sounds like they are buying their own food, and you are allowed to eat it, but you are not able to convince them that they should be buying healthier options. If you can't convince them then yes you will have to buy your own food.

You're talking about nutrition and meal prep in a sense as a beginner but 'meal prep' is not really a beginner concept. I mean, if you're going to be preparing pots of food, don't you want them to be as tasty as possible?

When I meal prep I make things like: beef stew, chili con carne, chicken stew, but I don't eat them day in day out. Do you have access to freezer space? I make say, 10 portions of each, and then freeze/mark them and rotate them. So I basically have solid meals prepped that I can take to work in their containers and heat them there.

The long and short of it is if you want to meet your dietary/physical goals, you'll need to control your environment more than you do already.

Plateauplower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Plateauplower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Plateauplower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Plateauplower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Plateauplower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Plateauplower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Plateauplower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Plateauplower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Plateauplower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Plateauplower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Plateauplower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by boydwgrossii View Post

Thanks.
    Grats on the fatloss. You dont have to eat the same thing everyday, and you don't have to eat what other people bring to work...I usually cook a few days worth of various protein sources (beef, chicken, pork etc) and can do a lot of different meals like wraps, stir fry, omelets, salads etc.

I dont mind eating the same things though either so my meal variety is not what it could be. Most of my meals are fast and easy, heated up in a microwave at work.
    A bigger back will make a bigger waist look a little smaller....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161385603

Thank you! I am learning the nutrition area now. I have a friend that is training my physically and I'm trying to do this better. I'm getting stronger, but the nutrition part is very hard.

Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Part of the secret of successful dieting is being able to cook meals that taste good and you look forward to.
    Eating the same bland things day in and day out can lead to a binge or something out side the diet plan.
    This is something learned over time and you have to spend some time in the kitchen experimenting until you come up with several options with the same main ingredient.
    Be patient and learn.
    Basics like rice and potatoes/yams are not to expensive if you buy in bulk and the same with meats like chicken breasts,ground turkey and some meats like round steak.
    Like i mentioned you need to know how to prepare them for you goal/purpose so put some time into doing that.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Part of the secret of successful dieting is being able to cook meals that taste good and you look forward to.
    Eating the same bland things day in and day out can lead to a binge or something out side the diet plan.
    This is something learned over time and you have to spend some time in the kitchen experimenting until you come up with several options with the same main ingredient.
    Be patient and learn.
    Basics like rice and potatoes/yams are not to expensive if you buy in bulk and the same with meats like chicken breasts,ground turkey and some meats like round steak.
    Like i mentioned you need to know how to prepare them for you goal/purpose so put some time into doing that.
    Thank you! I like to cook, but I'm one of those who was used to making the same things over and over. I looked up recipes for some things and I see where there's about 20 or so ingredients and I see those things and I don't know that I want to eat all that. I like simple recipes but don't know where to look. I am pretty excited to try these yams and such. One thing I like is eggs and potatoes.

dragman72 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragman72 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragman72 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragman72 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragman72 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragman72 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragman72 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragman72 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragman72 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragman72 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dragman72 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    depends on how lean you want to be. Some people to get abs lean they are going to eat the same thing day in and day out. 3-4 times a day good ole chicken lol.
    It's all part of the game eat for the result not because you like it.

Chucknuckle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chucknuckle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chucknuckle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chucknuckle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chucknuckle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chucknuckle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chucknuckle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chucknuckle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chucknuckle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chucknuckle is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chucknuckle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What I find handy is buying ready-made meals from the supermarket that you can supplement to make them more bodybuilding friendly. So for dinner tonight I had a Red Kidney Bean salad (made by Edgell) from the supermarket, and I dumped two small tins of unflavoured tuna (with the springwater drained out) into it and microwaved it for one minute. The meal was tasty, was a large bowl full of food, came in at 390 calories and 42 grams of protein. There are lots of different pre-made meals you can do this with, and you usually find them next to the canned beans or canned tuna.

I also tend to cook up a batch of grilled skinless chicken breast fillets, seasoned with some chilli and herbs. These stay in the fridge and I can quickly add one to some steamed veggies or a salad. If you cook up a batch at a time then you've always got a supply on hand and you're less likely to binge on something naughty because you know your dinner is already in the fridge.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm a big boy. I decide what I eat, not my coworkers or employer.

You are worth it, feed yourself well.
    Well-being should always be bodybuilding's major focus. - Steve Reeves

Plan your moves and have confidence in your plans - Bill Pearl

No one’s physique ever fell apart as a result of a periodic week of rest. - Alan Aragon

❚█══█❚