Hollywood0723 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Desperately need high calorie food ideas

Hey guys and girls! Quick background: I’ve been diagnosed with heart issues and severe anxiety. For this reason, eating big meals and getting the calories I need just hasn’t been possible. Long story short, I’ve fallen down to under 105lbs (5’8” male). I’m working with doctors and I realize I’m at a life threatening weight. I’ve seen lots of videos about how to bulk up but I need some ideas on easy to make, easy on the stomach high calorie meals / snacks to help pack on a few pounds. I don’t want to go completely unhealthy but at this point I just need to get the needle on the scale to start moving the other way :/ I appreciate any help! 🙏🏻

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    cereal, burgers, nuts, trail mix, peanut butter

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Being at that weight is at high risk for being malnourished OP. Whatever you enjoy at this point, burgers, pizza, peanut butter, nuts, etc.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Seefood diet
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hollywood0723 View Post
    Hey guys and girls! Quick background: I’ve been diagnosed with heart issues and severe anxiety. For this reason, eating big meals and getting the calories I need just hasn’t been possible. Long story short, I’ve fallen down to under 105lbs (5’8” male). I’m working with doctors and I realize I’m at a life threatening weight. I’ve seen lots of videos about how to bulk up but I need some ideas on easy to make, easy on the stomach high calorie meals / snacks to help pack on a few pounds. I don’t want to go completely unhealthy but at this point I just need to get the needle on the scale to start moving the other way :/ I appreciate any help!
    Your ideas about unhealthy food are probably wrong. There's nothing wrong with pizzas, ice cream and burgers, especially when you're underweight.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Your ideas about unhealthy food are probably wrong. There's nothing wrong with pizzas, ice cream and burgers, especially when you're underweight.
    This. If you see something that you enjoy eating, eat it. Treat yourself knowing full well that your body needs the calories. Good luck!

I lift like a girl ShelbyAlmaria's Avatar
    ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000) ShelbyAlmaria is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP, is your anxiety caused by putting on weight? It would help to know if your weight has dropped because of your relationship with food, or because of your heart issues.

I suggest going to the stickies and reading about macro and micronutrients so that you can stop labelling foods as healthy/unhealthy as it's all about context.

Calorie dense foods:
    Peanut Butter (or any kind of nut butters), Cereals, Pizzas, cooking with oils and butters, Ice Cream, Burgers, Sausage, Cheeses, Full fat milk, full fat yogurts.

squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) squesto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If I were you I would really just go out there and eat whatever there is that I enjoy

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What you might want to do is see if your doctor can recommend or work with a nutritionist for a plan to help you.
    It sounds as if you are in a serious health risk and a professional might be the best way to go for sound advise for you and your heart issue.
    What ever happens good luck to you.

screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Butter, cheese, high fat cuts of meat, nuts, olive oil. In your situation, I wouldn't be afraid to knock back a couple of candy bars or a big piece of cheesecake either.
    "You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world."

Hollywood0723 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you all for the advice! It’s much appreciated! I’m definitely aware that malnutrition is a serious threat and my doctor is looking into finding a nutritionist to further help me get out of this hole. I’m not worried about macros or anything...At this point I’m trying to stay alive honestly so I’m not afraid of eating too much sugar or anything unhealthy. I just know that I need to gain weight desperately but also need vitamins that I’ve deprived myself of. That’s why I’d like to eat semi-healthy foods that can give me much needed nutrients while adding a good amount of calories to help gain weight. But as most of you have said, calories are my #1 concern right now.

Also, my anxiety is weird (no judgements please!) but it’s caused by a fear of being sick. The heart issues have caused some weight loss but basically being afraid to eat many things has brought me to where I am now. I don’t know the exact definition of anorexia but I know that’s not me. If I could gain 50 pounds today I’d do it!

Sorry for being long winded and again, thank you all so much!

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hollywood0723 View Post
    Thank you all for the advice! It’s much appreciated! I’m definitely aware that malnutrition is a serious threat and my doctor is looking into finding a nutritionist to further help me get out of this hole. I’m not worried about macros or anything...At this point I’m trying to stay alive honestly so I’m not afraid of eating too much sugar or anything unhealthy. I just know that I need to gain weight desperately but also need vitamins that I’ve deprived myself of. That’s why I’d like to eat semi-healthy foods that can give me much needed nutrients while adding a good amount of calories to help gain weight. But as most of you have said, calories are my #1 concern right now.

Also, my anxiety is weird (no judgements please!) but it’s caused by a fear of being sick. The heart issues have caused some weight loss but basically being afraid to eat many things has brought me to where I am now. I don’t know the exact definition of anorexia but I know that’s not me. If I could gain 50 pounds today I’d do it!

Sorry for being long winded and again, thank you all so much!
    Fear of being sick, is causing you to feel sick. Interesting.

Anyways, load up a salad and then smother it in dressing or olive oil, plenty of micros and very calorie dense; top with cheese for bonus points.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823