Registered User FruitarianAmino's Avatar
    FruitarianAmino is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bottom obliques/torso/hips too curvy/hourglass. V shape

Look in the mirror. Inhale deeply. Hold. Look at your torso's taper.

Some look like that by default. Some look curvy unless they inhale deeply.

Included in the photo I show examples. Above the red line is what I look like. Below the red line are my desired gains.

How do you get those physiological gains? Is it from breathing/cardio like sprinting, fighting or dancing? Is it from posture? If not, what is it from?
    Attached Images

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Post an actual picture of you, not fitness models... it makes it a lot easier to give advice.
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    Post an actual picture of you, not fitness models... it makes it a lot easier to give advice.
    Wouldn't the people I identify with (above the red line, in my example) have the same muscular imbalances as me? If not, what are the possible causes and solutions?
    Last edited by FruitarianAmino; 12-06-2017 at 12:39 AM.

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FruitarianAmino View Post
    Wouldn't the people I identify with (above the red line, in my example) have the same muscular imbalances as me? If not, what are the possible causes and solutions?
    It's not really a muscular imbalance more the muscle you worked on as well as genetics.

For some people it's just an overall lack of muscle. So posting a picture would give us a better idea of what you would need.
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    It's not really a muscular imbalance more the muscle you worked on as well as genetics.

For some people it's just an overall lack of muscle. So posting a picture would give us a better idea of what you would need.
    What muscles would I need to work on and how would I go about it?

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Train your entire body and lose fat - that solves 99% of the so-called imbalance problems that I have ever seen.

Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is entirely a skellitons structure issue...in other words, you can't do anything about it.

Of course, that is based on the models you pictured, who all have a low bodyfat. If you aren't that cut, it might just be fat love handles.
    Science is proving everyday we're products of our environment, and barely genetics. We all have perfect genetic blueprints. Our dna doesn't included flaws. How we react to our environment, invite the flaws.

If genetics was the case, why has older Mark Wahlberg and older Iggy Pop decreased in these muscles? Also, Lee Priest as a child didn't have these muscles. But when you compare him to his prime footage, you could see his torso really expanded. If you can go one direction, you could go another.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Train your entire body and lose fat - that solves 99% of the so-called imbalance problems that I have ever seen.
    What I've seen in people with these muscles (below the red line), is that their legs are large enough to the point they look more diagonal.

Whereas people without the muscles (above the red line) and large lower obliques, is that their legs look more vertical because they're not super wide.

Which makes sense, because a lot of girls Ive seen who only work legs have better serratus and intercostals than men.

What do you think?
    Last edited by FruitarianAmino; 12-06-2017 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Vertical, not diagonal.

Did you not read my post? Yes, you can make wide hips/waist look smaller with more upper body development...but you can't change your skellitons structure. If your pelvis is shaped like those models, that's what you have to work with.

Be the best you that you can.
    Yes I read it. All it says is "genetics" and "bodyfat", which sounds like the same things people say when discussing jaws. But people very clearly can change their face health and function.

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FruitarianAmino View Post
    What I've seen in people with these muscles (above the red line), is that their legs are large enough to the point they look more diagonal.

Whereas people without the muscles (above the red line) and large lower obliques, is that their legs look more diagonal because they're not super wide.

Which makes sense, because a lot of girls Ive seen who only work legs have better serratus and intercostals than men.

What do you think?
    What is your current workout? How much do you bench, squat, deadlift, and press?

My mistake, I mistook this for a serious thread. I'm guessing your development is nowhere near your examples, or you would have much more knowledge and grasp of reality. I'm guessing all you have is a wide pelvis and/or fat love handles.
    Just so you know, theres people with 20%+ body fat levels and large hips, with torsos shaped how I mentioned (below the red line in my example). Your body fat and hips are very clearly not the only factors here.
    Last edited by FruitarianAmino; 12-06-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    What is your current workout? How much do you bench, squat, deadlift, and press?
    I meant to say in my sentence, What I've seen in people with these muscles (BELOW the red line), is that their legs are large enough to the point they look more diagonal.

Whereas people without the muscles (above the red line) and large lower obliques, is that their legs look more
    VERTICAL because they're not super wide. sorry.

dabonthem is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have the same problem and its ruining the v taper look im going for. I would honestly rather be square than hourglass