2ndTimesaCharm is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Demotivated & struggling to continue :-(

So I recently finished stage one of new rules for women and i'm so disappointed with the results, disappointed to the point i don't know if i want to carry on.

I've been following the routine 3 times a week, figured out all my macros and stuck to an eating plan.

I'm the same weight i was before the 8 week training, still have my fat bulging stomach, fat hips and butt..... all i've gained is slightly firmer thighs!

Just seems like such a waste of time and i feel i've but in so much time and effort and have nothing to show for it. I wasn't expecting super outstanding results but i thought after 2 months of working out i would have reduced my stomach, hips and have a little bit of upper body muscle.

I must be doing something wrong but i don't know what or how to fix it
    Love to hear your thoughts & similar experiences
    Lifting to eat - Eating to lift

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Too many calories.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 2ndTimesaCharm View Post
    So I recently finished stage one of new rules for women and i'm so disappointed with the results, disappointed to the point i don't know if i want to carry on.

I've been following the routine 3 times a week, figured out all my macros and stuck to an eating plan.

I'm the same weight i was before the 8 week training, still have my fat bulging stomach, fat hips and butt..... all i've gained is slightly firmer thighs!

Just seems like such a waste of time and i feel i've but in so much time and effort and have nothing to show for it. I wasn't expecting super outstanding results but i thought after 2 months of working out i would have reduced my stomach, hips and have a little bit of upper body muscle.

I must be doing something wrong but i don't know what or how to fix it
    Love to hear your thoughts & similar experiences
    If you're at the same weight it's because you're eating at maintenance calories and your tracking methods are off. Get a food scale to weigh, measure and track everything. Stay in your deficit and there will be steady loss.

2 months is nothing...you're just getting started.

It's an easy fix so stick with it!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Thanks for the comments ( and quick pep talk.... much needed)

I thought it might have been a combo of too much food and not enough exercise. I've been thinking my starting figure might be off because i struggled to hit them and never went over.

i'm 162 lbs and 170cm
    worked out my daily cals to be 1800 which i broke down to
    Protein: 162
    Carbs: 142
    Fat: 65

Maybe i need to take a percentage of my daily cals and recalculate?

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I thought it might have been a combo of too much food and not enough exercise.
    Fat loss comes down to diet. A strength program will help maintain muscle, but weight loss itself is calories in < calories out.

I don't know what you mean by taking a percentage of your calories, but 1800 should be a deficit for you. Make sure to weigh out solid foods, as measuring cups have a degree of error. If you eat out often keep in mind their calorie counts are an estimate, it's not always consistent. If you have cheat meals, those can outdo your deficit if it's high enough, so try to have planned cheats that you know the approximate count of.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Fat loss comes down to diet. A strength program will help maintain muscle, but weight loss itself is calories in < calories out.

I don't know what you mean by taking a percentage of your calories, but 1800 should be a deficit for you. Make sure to weigh out solid foods, as measuring cups have a degree of error. If you eat out often keep in mind their calorie counts are an estimate, it's not always consistent. If you have cheat meals, those can outdo your deficit if it's high enough, so try to have planned cheats that you know the approximate count of.
    ^^^ Plus, a lot of people don't realize they're overeating when they're not measuring in food correctly. Are you using a scale to track your food OP?

Are you using an MFP? You also have to double check the nutrition facts on some of the foods. Occasionally, I found some of the food entries to be inaccurate.
    MuscleTech Representative

*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*

I use fitnesspal to track food, i always felt i was eating too much, could hardly manage to fit in 6 meals a day, my body just didn't want it....It was like, "oh god you're not eating again are you?!" and lots of times i would be under on my daily target - especially with carbs

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You don’t need 6 meals a day. 3-4 is fine.

Also a lot of the entries on mfp are inaccurate. Double check them.

If you don’t have one already, I would get a food scale.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    You don’t need 6 meals a day. 3-4 is fine.

Also a lot of the entries on mfp are inaccurate. Double check them.

If you don’t have one already, I would get a food scale.
    I thought eating 6 smaller meals would be easier than 3/4 huge meals, but maybe i'd find it less of a hassle only eating 3 main meals and a snack

I enter all my own food in MFP

yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I thought eating 6 smaller meals would be easier than 3/4 huge meals, but maybe i'd find it less of a hassle only eating 3 main meals and a snack

I enter all my own food in MFP
    Vice versa for me. For me, 5-6 meals is a nuisance. I'd prefer 3 larger meals then having to constantly cook and eat every 2-3 hours. Find what works for you, but you do not HAVE to eat that many meals a day.
    MuscleTech Representative

*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*