Flori6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Fitness Competitions - Prepping

Hello. Sorry if there’s another thread with this topic -

I want to go on the stage for a bikini contest for the first time - goal is 1year - 1year and a half, but I honestly have no idea how to choose at what contest to go to and where to start from/what’s the best way to prep without failure as much as possible.

I go in the gym 5-6 times/week and know my exercises(I plan my training with my bf) and eat clean 90% of the time (sometimes I think I don’t even eat enough for the intensity that I like to go get my workouts at).

Any tips/advice/recommendations, please?

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Flori6 View Post
    Hello. Sorry if there’s another thread with this topic -

I want to go on the stage for a bikini contest for the first time - goal is 1year - 1year and a half, but I honestly have no idea how to choose at what contest to go to and where to start from/what’s the best way to prep without failure as much as possible.

I go in the gym 5-6 times/week and know my exercises(I plan my training with my bf) and eat clean 90% of the time (sometimes I think I don’t even eat enough for the intensity that I like to go get my workouts at).

Any tips/advice/recommendations, please?
    Research different organizations and shows near you.
    You will need to figure out what your maintenance calories are, what weaknesses and strengths are, etc.
    Honestly contest preps are HARD. Not for the normal gym goer or fitness enthusiast. You may want to find a coach, online or in person. Does bf do contests?
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I started by doing my research to see what shows were around me. Generally, the same shows happen each year... so if you are looking to compete in a year or so, you can start your research now. Find shows that interest you and go watch them. See if you like them ... you can speak with the athletes and promoters at the shows too... that's what I did.

There are many orgs, so you have to decide who you want to compete with - there's obviously the big group, NPC, but there are many others depending where you live. Where are you located?
    2020 Olympia Bound | NPC WPD Nationally Qualified | 2018 Arnold Amateur WPD Top 3 | 2x WPD Pro World Champion (INBA/DFAC)

Meet Lifts: S: 305 | B: 205 | D: 370 * Gym Lifts: S: 380 | B: 275 | D: 415

WEB: proyeo.com | IG: ankhjii_pro_yeo

ISSA: CFT SNS | Westside Barbell Certified

Originally Posted by kitpapa View Post
    Research different organizations and shows near you.
    You will need to figure out what your maintenance calories are, what weaknesses and strengths are, etc.
    Honestly contest preps are HARD. Not for the normal gym goer or fitness enthusiast. You may want to find a coach, online or in person. Does bf do contests?
    Both me and my bf have fitness knowledge, but he never competed either.
    This is just something that I’ve wanted to do for many years, but never felt that I would have the confidence, but I’m slowly building it.

Originally Posted by ProYeo View Post
    I started by doing my research to see what shows were around me. Generally, the same shows happen each year... so if you are looking to compete in a year or so, you can start your research now. Find shows that interest you and go watch them. See if you like them ... you can speak with the athletes and promoters at the shows too... that's what I did.

There are many orgs, so you have to decide who you want to compete with - there's obviously the big group, NPC, but there are many others depending where you live. Where are you located?
    I’m in Switzerland. I’ve watched some docs/interviews with other women that competed and they most of them said that the hardest thing was the mental struggle/challenge in the past few weeks.

Thank you both for the advice! I’ll start my research on what shows are around Ch.

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Flori6 View Post
    I’m in Switzerland. I’ve watched some docs/interviews with other women that competed and they most of them said that the hardest thing was the mental struggle/challenge in the past few weeks.

Thank you both for the advice! I’ll start my research on what shows are around Ch.
    I completely agree with the toughest part being mental!!!!! Having a person to talk to about that struggle, someone whjo has been there, is of HUGE importance
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

Originally Posted by kitpapa View Post
    I completely agree with the toughest part being mental!!!!! Having a person to talk to about that struggle, someone whjo has been there, is of HUGE importance
    Then I hope my bf will support and be patient with me and my evolution... (

Thank you very much for your help!