Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Misc, how are my low kicks?

Burning out the night's training with a couple hundred low kicks. Tips and critiques are appreciated.
    *Misc Zombie Response Team*

MISC WRITING CHALLENGE:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151602103
    MISC MUAY THAI CREW
    MISC WRITER CREW

Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks like you left hand isn't blocking the face in the right low kick. Think that's just the angle tho as tou seem to be doing it with your left. Other than that maybe looks like you stepping straight in towards the bag rather than off to the side . Think it's maybe just your filming angle unsure

requital is just really nice. (+1000) requital is just really nice. (+1000) requital is just really nice. (+1000) requital is just really nice. (+1000) requital is just really nice. (+1000) requital is just really nice. (+1000) requital is just really nice. (+1000) requital is just really nice. (+1000) requital is just really nice. (+1000) requital is just really nice. (+1000) requital is just really nice. (+1000)
    poor camera angle

Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Walksnlifts View Post
    Looks like you left hand isn't blocking the face in the right low kick. Think that's just the angle tho as tou seem to be doing it with your left. Other than that maybe looks like you stepping straight in towards the bag rather than off to the side . Think it's maybe just your filming angle unsure

Ah shyt, I forget I have to step out to the side.goddam it lol. Good looking out brah.

MISC WRITING CHALLENGE:
    MISC MUAY THAI CREW
    MISC WRITER CREW

iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Those were good kicks to the middle but that was not a hundred. That was 10 on each side and 2 teeps. It was also in the middle and not low unless if you're fighting Yao Ming. Also cover your face with your hands.

Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    Those were good kicks to the middle but that was not a hundred. That was 10 on each side and 2 teeps. It was also in the middle and not low unless if you're fighting Yao Ming. Also cover your face with your hands.
    Lol I only recorded a bit of it brah cuz some people were sitting by the ring didn't want to get them on the vid. I do sets of 10 on each side, rested and repeat.idk why they don't look like low kicks, I aimed at my thigh level. Thanks for the input brah

Edit: lmao yeah I can see it now, they're not low enough

MISC WRITING CHALLENGE:
    MISC MUAY THAI CREW
    MISC WRITER CREW

Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I advice you to "pull the rope"

If you study this gif, you can see his right hand making a pulling movement, we call that "pulling the rope" you can use it to create extra momentum to throw the kick afterwards, just don't forget to keep your left hand up.

You can also experiment with your footwork, your left foot especially, you should step to the outside a little more until you find your perfect spot.
    *Misc BJJ & Kickboxing crew*

*Misc Cryptocurrency crew*

*Misc PC Masterrace crew*

Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) Walksnlifts will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How long you been training mate and is it straight MT Rather than mma? Done any gradings? Where i train alot of folk don't really bother grading but it's super helpful in fine tuning your techniques.

Originally Posted by Satrakian View Post

If you study this gif, you can see his right hand making a pulling movement, we call that "pulling the rope" you can use it to create extra momentum to throw the kick afterwards, just don't forget to keep your left hand up.

You can also experiment with your footwork, your left foot especially, you should step to the outside a little more until you find your perfect spot.
    Yeah I seen that fight before and I love that dude's kick how he buckles the other guy's leg. Yeah I need to pay attention to the small movements rather than just hips and legs. Thanks.

How long you been training mate and is it straight MT Rather than mma? Done any gradings? Where i train alot of folk don't really bother grading but it's super helpful in fine tuning your techniques.
    Straight muay Thai and I've been trainijng a little over a year. No grading at all, I heard some gyms around here give you colored armbands but since the thais don't do it my coach doesn't want to do that either

MISC WRITING CHALLENGE:
    MISC MUAY THAI CREW
    MISC WRITER CREW

Originally Posted by Azn00Superman View Post
    Yeah I seen that fight before and I love that dude's kick how he buckles the other guy's leg. Yeah I need to pay attention to the small movements rather than just hips and legs. Thanks.

Straight muay Thai and I've been trainijng a little over a year. No grading at all, I heard some gyms around here give you colored armbands but since the thais don't do it my coach doesn't want to do that either
    Yep the band's and the grades are pretty useless tbh that's why folk don't bother. But the reason I like them is the training and fine tuning in the training that leads up to the grading. You seem to be getting on fine. It's like everything else just takes time and dedication.

Main thing is making sure you enjoy yourself when training.

Yep the band's and the grades are pretty useless tbh that's why folk don't bother. But the reason I like them is the training and fine tuning in the training that leads up to the grading. You seem to be getting on fine. It's like everything else just takes time and dedication.

Main thing is making sure you enjoy yourself when training.
    I didn't realize this till recently. I notice I get a lot more out of training if im relaxed and try to have fun.

MISC WRITING CHALLENGE:
    MISC MUAY THAI CREW
    MISC WRITER CREW

Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Satrakian View Post

Some call it pulling the rope. Other people call it telegraphing. Its not worth what little torque you get out of it. Learn to throw that kick without tells, learn to throw it hard without even sliding the lead foot. It requires better control and coordination, but once you get it, you seldom get checked.
    I lost my chit.

Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slimbibbidy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd also ask, what are you doing in that session? Because if it's just to develop the muscles, okay not bad. But like someone said above, your defense isn't there. Also your returns are slow. You should be in a position to fight, clinch, knee, elbow, as that kick lands, and as you return to stance. Not trying to rip on you. You look good and strong. But you're training like you know the bag can't hit back, and that's a bad habit.
    I lost my chit.

Originally Posted by Slimbibbidy View Post
    I'd also ask, what are you doing in that session? Because if it's just to develop the muscles, okay not bad. But like someone said above, your defense isn't there. Also your returns are slow. You should be in a position to fight, clinch, knee, elbow, as that kick lands, and as you return to stance. Not trying to rip on you. You look good and strong. But you're training like you know the bag can't hit back, and that's a bad habit.
    Appreciate it brah, yeah I was trying to develop the strength in my kicks. Saw on youtube somewhere there's a drill where you wail on the bag in short intervals and thought i'd try it. This was at the end of a training session and I thought I'd end the day with with some low kick workout.

MISC WRITING CHALLENGE:
    MISC MUAY THAI CREW
    MISC WRITER CREW

Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    T529 wouldn't stand a chance op

Originally Posted by Payrab View Post
    T529 wouldn't stand a chance op
    tour's over for bolo

MISC WRITING CHALLENGE:
    MISC MUAY THAI CREW
    MISC WRITER CREW

Some call it pulling the rope. Other people call it telegraphing. Its not worth what little torque you get out of it. Learn to throw that kick without tells, learn to throw it hard without even sliding the lead foot. It requires better control and coordination, but once you get it, you seldom get checked.
    You suggesting not stepping with the lead foot ? The step generates the power allowing the hips to turn etc.

mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mp83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hard to tell from camera angle, but you aren't turning your hips over enough.
    Green Bay Packers-Milwaukee Brewers
    Muay Thai Crew / Investing / Finance Crew / {Misc Fisherman Crew}

Torn labrum 10/13: recovered mostly

You suggesting not stepping with the lead foot ? The step generates the power allowing the hips to turn etc.
    You can definitely load up stepping in/off with the lead foot, and add torque pulling the rope. I'll say this: disguise the step-in with a one-two; don't pull the rope all the way down and expose your face -- just throw the 2 real and return it to defense. I know you may have to go out of state or out of country to get to the very best gym, and pay a fortune to get really good one on one instruction, or you may just get lucky. But you'll see a lot of slop in your average gym (hands low, kicking like you know the bag don't kick back etc). Think volume/money. Again, if you can learn to throw the low kick from stationary, you may be (very slightly) less powerful, but you will not telegraph.
    I lost my chit.

xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hardly a low kick

That was straight to the midsection

But looks good overall, not a lot of fat on your movements

Twice11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Twice11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Twice11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Twice11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Twice11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Twice11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Twice11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Twice11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Twice11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Twice11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Twice11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bring your leg immediately back and be ready to fight. Treat the bag as if it were someone wanting to kill you. You wouldn't kick and then relax and not worry. Once the kick lands, come back to stance and be on guard. That's my only advice man, looks pretty good.

waisoserious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) waisoserious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) waisoserious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) waisoserious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) waisoserious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) waisoserious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) waisoserious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) waisoserious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) waisoserious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) waisoserious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) waisoserious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Burning out the night's training with a couple hundred low kicks. Tips and critiques are appreciated.
    Those dont look like low kicks at all, they look like waist level.
    IW3725-04, Black 116520, White 26320

Originally Posted by xtrah View Post
    Hardly a low kick

That was straight to the midsection

But looks good overall, not a lot of fat on your movements
    Originally Posted by Twice11 View Post
    Bring your leg immediately back and be ready to fight. Treat the bag as if it were someone wanting to kill you. You wouldn't kick and then relax and not worry. Once the kick lands, come back to stance and be on guard. That's my only advice man, looks pretty good.
    Thanks brahs, appreciate it. Prepping for a fight so will definitely work on my kicks.

You can definitely load up stepping in/off with the lead foot, and add torque pulling the rope. I'll say this: disguise the step-in with a one-two; don't pull the rope all the way down and expose your face -- just throw the 2 real and return it to defense. I know you may have to go out of state or out of country to get to the very best gym, and pay a fortune to get really good one on one instruction, or you may just get lucky. But you'll see a lot of slop in your average gym (hands low, kicking like you know the bag don't kick back etc). Think volume/money. Again, if you can learn to throw the low kick from stationary, you may be (very slightly) less powerful, but you will not telegraph.
    From what I was taught low kick are easily telegraphed, that's why you have to set it up at the end of a combo, gotta mask it with punches. Usually I throw a rear low kick after 2-3 but in this instance I just wanted to work on the kicks alone.

MISC WRITING CHALLENGE:
    MISC MUAY THAI CREW
    MISC WRITER CREW

]

Originally Posted by waisoserious View Post
    Those dont look like low kicks at all, they look like waist level.
    Ok, I'll try to film one with better angle later.

MISC WRITING CHALLENGE:
    MISC MUAY THAI CREW
    MISC WRITER CREW

Originally Posted by Twice11 View Post
    Straight up this.

The reason what Twice11 said is so important: When you do combos and reps, you train muscle memory. You said you were doing what, 200 kicks? That's a lot. And you're training for a fight? You would be better off taking much more time to do that 200, and treating Every SINGLE One of them as if you're in a fight. You do two hundred kicks with sloppy defense and slow returns, you are absolutely training your reflexes to be sloppy and slow at the end of each kick. In the fight, you will do what you did in the gym. Muscle memory defense is one of the two or three most important things you can stress as a fighter. Seeing you've been in it for a year or so, and your coach is letting you train for a fight, I'd like to see another video of you striking that bag with precise fast returns, and excellent defensive hand position. I see someone with great motivation and athleticism. The strike should be twice as fast, and the return to position should be nearly instant. Then you will watch both videos and be very impressed with the difference. Best luck.
    I lost my chit.

mides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep on Kicking.

SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100)
    I don't know how strict of a critique you were after so if this seems overly rough forgive me, I'm a nice guy honest this just happens to be one of my top techniques so I have very high standards for it.

It is very possible that the angle of the camera being on the ground threw my perception off BUT you said low kicks and this vid in my mind has you throwing body kicks and a few would have even been cup checks but nothing that got really into the meat of an opponents leg. I can't really judge your height so maybe you have to kick up but you do not look like a short fighter to me you look on the tall side.

you also have a pair of habits that can be ok by themselves but when coupled are a pretty big problem. You are not getting much use out of your arms in terms of defense OR aiding the power of your kicks or even keeping balance. Also the kicks are being thrown naked.

Naked Jabs are pretty safe and Naked Teeps are usually ok. Naked Low Kicks CAN be ok but you need to protect your face when you throw them just in case, and they still leave you open for counter shots if you develop an interest in MMA. I would rather see you throw Low Kicks as part of combos even if you throw half assed "throw away" punches to at least have the opponent thinking of something else when the Low Kick lands. (also by half assed Throw Away punches I don't mean to throw them sloppy just that you aren't trying to score heavily with them, only get the other guys hands raised and thinking up top when you are realling coming low with the power)

other then the height of the kicks (which like I said I may have been wrong on due to the camera placement giving me an odd angle) I'd like to know more about your style before I comment on how you are throwing the actual kicks themselves.
    Have you done a lot of sparing/competing? I am wondering how you use your Low Kicks or plan to? Some people use them only if they notice a weakness in their opponents defenses some people use them to vary up combos but prefer to get things done with their hands and it's just to help off balance the target, and some people make them the focus of their striking game. For me the low kick is one of the main points of my stand up. if it is legal to kick the other guy in the leg that is the biggest part of my plan.
    Because of this I have made a fairly deep study of different ways to do it (ending a combo, starting a combo, mid combo, counter as they advance, slow their retreat and even from the Clinch) I have looked at how Thai base fighters use it how Dutch base fighters use it and how Karate/TKD types use their round kick but aimed at the leg which normally is rare for them.
    So I can give advice on how you throw it when I know better how you are likely to use it.

Sorry if this was too long winded, it has been awhile since I got the chance to help someone develop their game and I missed it a great deal.

SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100) SouthpawClinch is not very well liked. (-100)

Edit: lmao yeah I can see it now, they're not low enough
    the way you can tell pretty easily is Low kick range is pretty much punching range maybe just outside of it so another good reason to put punches in front of it. the gif Satrakian shared is ideal. just past jab range (actually if Koscheck hadn't leaned back the Jab would have landed) is perfect to really bite in with a low kick

these two options are different from one another but that does not mean either are automatically better. for the record I also try to throw it similar to how you describe but I understand there are trade offs either way. the step or slide brings you off center line, this is the best way to deal with a counter punch so where your hand is becomes less important. also as to pulling the rope being a tell that is true if you do it straight from your stance throwing a naked kick BUT if you pull the rope after a punch or as part of a combo there is not much of a tell because they are still dealing with the punch by the time the kick starts and maybe even still while it lands depending.

if you are going to throw a naked lowkick from your stance with minimal movement and keeping your hands high is right but if you are doing it as the end (or even part) of a combo you can step and pull the rope to get the extra power/balance without giving up basically anything.

rather then step you can come up on the ball of your lead foot to pivot, this is how I mostly see/hear Thai trained fighters doing it. however even without that Jose Aldo has thrown them like this before depending on the opponent he has in front of him and it can be useful if you don't plan to end the combo with the lowkick, so it's good to land in this way with your power leg lets say and land a lead hook up top after.