brefass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Building legs for npc bikini contest!

So I want to do my first NPC bikini comp. summer 2018. I realize the importance it is to have substantial leg and glute muscles specially hammy glute tie In for bikini. I’m just wondering how often should I be training legs per week??

Right now I’m doing quads and glutes Monday and hamstring and glutes Friday’s with upper body training in between. I really need to work more on my hammy and glute growth wondering if I should do hamstring and glutes Monday’s and Friday’s and quad and glutes on Wednesday or is 3 too much?

dyb770 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't compete, but when I was trying to grow my legs and glutes I saw a huge difference once I did a three day split. Loop bands, squeezing the **** out of my glutes, and lots of variations of hip thrusts helped as well.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by brefass View Post
    So I want to do my first NPC bikini comp. summer 2018. I realize the importance it is to have substantial leg and glute muscles specially hammy glute tie In for bikini. I’m just wondering how often should I be training legs per week??

Right now I’m doing quads and glutes Monday and hamstring and glutes Friday’s with upper body training in between. I really need to work more on my hammy and glute growth wondering if I should do hamstring and glutes Monday’s and Friday’s and quad and glutes on Wednesday or is 3 too much?
    Like anyone else, you should be training on a structured program suited to your current level of development. How long have you been weight training on a consistent basis? How much are you currently Squatting for reps?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Thank you! Yes I’ve been incorporating bands and hip thrusts as well so far.

I’ve been weight training consistently for over 3 years now. I’m squating for reps with a plate on each side and can do 230 lbs for reps on the pitshark machine (squating with the weight attached to a belt)

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    You would likely benefit from increasing the number of days per week you Squat; you need to get your poundage up. Look at something like this:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1266761131
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Three days a week may be too high frequency for a natural female. You run the risk of not recovering in between workouts and that would not be optimal for hypertrophy. Two days a week is more than enough to grow granted that you are eating enough calories to support growth and also consistently overloading your muscles.

There is never a rush to compete so if you are finding yourself needing significantly more size on your lower body I would suggest focusing on growing until you are satisfied with your size and then picking your show.
    IG: @addingpins
    www.stackingplates.com

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by brefass View Post

You don't mention anything about your diet. Are you eating in a calorie surplus and gaining weight at a steady rate? Without this is doesn't matter how you train...nothing will grow.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)