rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Asked to leave the Gym for lifting heavy

Dear Friends

I have been lifting for 2 years now.
    I am am Asian living in Germany.
    Today I was doing my deadlift(140 kgs) and my back was not straight.
    A guy came to me and said that he is the head of university sports and told me that I should decrease the weight or leave the gym.
    He said that he has been studying sports for more than 20 years and he knows everything.
    I am shy guy and I couldn't say anything in return.
    I admit my form was not really good but i have done 145 kgs with better form.

I am a student and lift in University Gym.This guy said that he is head of University sports.

I am really hurt mentally because I have been lifting in that gym for 2 years and this thing happened to me.I am not a big guy but just love to lift
    This guy looks like he rarely lifts.But I still was respectful to him.
    I am really sad and so just wanted to share my story.
    I don't know what to do .

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like a dick, probably not within his power to ask you to leave either.
    Head of uni sports is usually a voluntary elected position with little to no power.

Politely tell him you respect his opinion and go on your merry way.

Obvs look into correcting your setup and breathing and bracing if your lower back is rounding, dropping the weight for a bit may well be advisable.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

pterry0404 is just really nice. (+1000) pterry0404 is just really nice. (+1000) pterry0404 is just really nice. (+1000) pterry0404 is just really nice. (+1000) pterry0404 is just really nice. (+1000) pterry0404 is just really nice. (+1000) pterry0404 is just really nice. (+1000) pterry0404 is just really nice. (+1000) pterry0404 is just really nice. (+1000) pterry0404 is just really nice. (+1000) pterry0404 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yep, he's a dickweed. He could offered to help you correct your form, but instead decided to threaten you....

You might want to consider reporting him for his approach. Maybe he will be reprimanded.
    Gym (170-180 lbs): 465 Squat, 300 Bench, 495 DL
    Meet (165 lbs): 430 Squat, 280 Bench, 445 DL
    IG: pdubs04

rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rahul352 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Sounds like a dick, probably not within his power to ask you to leave either.
    Head of uni sports is usually a voluntary elected position with little to no power.

Politely tell him you respect his opinion and go on your merry way.

Obvs look into correcting your setup and breathing and bracing if your lower back is rounding, dropping the weight for a bit may well be advisable.
    Thanks for your reply.

Originally Posted by pterry0404 View Post
    Yep, he's a dickweed. He could offered to help you correct your form, but instead decided to threaten you....

You might want to consider reporting him for his approach. Maybe he will be reprimanded.
    Well i don't want to escalate this further.But i was emotionally connected to that gym...it is where i started lifting.Sadly, now I can never feel the same about that place. Thanks for your reply.I respect the passion of US people for lifting.Here in German universities people just come to loose loose weight or get abs. I don't expect them to understand the passion of someone who loves powerlifting.

PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sounds like his approach was in poor taste. When I started learning to deadlift someone came and told me I was rounding my back. I was first embarrassed and then angry at this guy for giving me his unsolicited opinion, especially because I looked stronger then him. Every time I would see this guy it would ruin my mood, but I knew he was right. I train in an upscale commercial gym, fewer young people (unless their parents are rich) and more middle-aged Silicon Valley professionals so I get a lot of looks training as a competitive powerlifter. I cringe when I see people lifting too much and with bad form, but I would never say anything. I have no right to. Speaking with employees/trainers, they say it is their job to say something so people do not get injured at the gym, and I can respect that. Don't let this situation discourage you from lifting heavy. Just learn from it and forget what the dickweed said.
    Elite Powerlifter Masters Divison 50-54
    USPA PR @123lb (pounds): SQ 303.1 - BP 248 - DL 391.3 Wilks 394.37
    USPA PR @132lb (pounds): SQ 341.7 - BP 248 - DL 430
    16 State / 15 American / 10 World Records / 2 ATWR / 3x Best Lifter Award
    IG: fit.wraith

NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotThatUgly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    he handled it badly, but your back is more important than your feelings. Take care of it.

jburchill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fix your form lift 150kg and then not slam that sh$t down!

Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ask him if he even works at the gym. Thank him for the advice.

Continue deadlifting, and improve form.

ejbassett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ejbassett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ejbassett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ejbassett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ejbassett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ejbassett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ejbassett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ejbassett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ejbassett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ejbassett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ejbassett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    deadlift him
    **Clicking Knees Crew**
    MISC Bike Crew - MTB, Track, BMX
    stimlord

Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Someone who looks like he hardly works out and has probably never done a heavy deadlift in his life?
    That guy is kind of like someone with a degree in automotive engineering who doesn't have a driver's licence trying to be a driving instructor.

Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What the actual **** did that moron think?
    I don't care if you studied sports for 20 years or 50 years you ****ing dumbledore there is no living soul that shall interrupt anyone doing a ****ing deadlift.
    I had this one time i almost threw the heaviest dumbbell at that ****er, now you probably don't want to do this because i got into big problems after that but what you can do is the following:

Lower the weight.
    Own the weight.
    Show that ****er who's boss.
    So you're on the internet for good advice, here's some good advice: have a good laugh once in a while. And never tear your bicep!

628 / 661 LBS DL
    529 / 600 LBS SQ
    242 / 300 LBS BP

Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    And the boss is you, you decide the weight you put on the bar. It is not his bar, it is not his weight. Its from the school, you are at the school.
    If i was in your position i would lower the weight then add the weight back on when you see him drinking his Strawberry Frappucino Macchiato deluxe with extra ****ing whip cream in the back office watching ****ing tell sell.

I AM ACTUALLY ANGRY NOW. I DONT EVEN KNOW THE GUY!
    So you're on the internet for good advice, here's some good advice: have a good laugh once in a while. And never tear your bicep!

628 / 661 LBS DL
    529 / 600 LBS SQ
    242 / 300 LBS BP

PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100)
    OP I train alone now (home) but my experiences in commercial gym:

Lot's of passive aggressive clowns. Even openly aggressive clowns. Lot's of know-alls about squat, deadlift and bench that don't know what they're talking about and don't even do the lifts themselves as they are too much of a pussy or too scared. Loads of BB types that can't lift **** giving smaller people a staredown etc. This is a hardcore gym admittedly. I've been to gold's gyms where people are chilled out . I've been to other chain gyms where people have a big attitude. Depends where you lift what the crowd is like. It depends what country, state and area. Local culture etc. It's hit and miss and why it's hard for us to compare gym atmosphere on internet as people are from all over the place. I know it's just way more comfortable for me lifting at home and saves me a lot of time

The big 3 isn't a contest of aesthetically pleasing form. Everyone has different genetics, levers etc and everyone's technique should look different. I don't like a one size fits all policy for technique at all. I learned the optimal technique for me over time. As long as you are sensible and safe and not being a complete idiot with form then his comments are out of order. It's none of his business (or anyone elses either)

I am well qualified to give advice. I certainly wouldn't give it or stick my nose in unless someone asked. The only time I've ever got actively involved was a guy that "missed" with the bar doing seated presses. I pulled the bar back off him into the rack and asked him if he needed help. He was coming back from shoulder surgery and first time back in the gym he missed with the bar. I can't remember if I helped him with a few sets or if he immediately left. It was a long time ago now.
    Last edited by PLLover2017; 12-07-2017 at 04:17 AM.

AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you can afford it, go find a trainer to help you with your form. Stop dead lifting at gym until your form is corrected or at least drop the weight.

The director sounds like an administrative douche bag.

vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go back to that gym on your next scheduled day.
    Lift the same way you always would (maybe a little better this time, lol).

If he shows up again, ask him sincerely for advice.
    You stroke the guys ego just a little bit, and I bet your problem will then turn into getting him to shut the F up.
    Then you will find out if he knows anything, or bragging about years because nobody else wanted the job for that long.

School gym, you have a right to use it. Until security tells you otherwise.
    Jason
    First USAPL meet Feb 17th, 2017. Results S/B/D - 350/303/419
    Building a garage gym...

My advice is from personal experience only, use at your own risk, lol

PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100) PLLover2017 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by AutistTrigger View Post
    If you can afford it, go find a trainer to help you with your form. Stop dead lifting at gym until your form is corrected or at least drop the weight.

The director sounds like an administrative douche bag.
    You're assuming OP's form is bad. I've been called out on form everywhere under the sun on deads. My numbers might not be setting the world on fire, but it's pretty good for a drug free lifter with a torn labrum on dominant shoulder (9 o clock tear). The only people that think my form is good are other elite lifters which is incredibly ironic.

The reason I bring this up is I've always pulled with identical form since intermediate (unless I switch stance) and had a few people stick their nose in in the past. And it's always lifters less advanced than me that think it's appropriate to give me advice..

OP may have garbage form. My only point is he might not.

johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johncena596 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    same thing in my college
    school gyms are surrounded by pussies
    that's why i go to an outside gym
    i can lift as heavy as i want w/o caring
    school gyms, planet fitness, all this pussiness is actually disgusting
    why the **** would anyone tell another person to leave because of form?
    if somebody in my gym wants to critique my form they just ****ing critique it
    Why the **** would he kick you out because of bad form? this is actually ****ing bull****
    and why not just put rubber plates or a dedicated deadlifting area like my gym just uses rubber plates and they don't give a **** where you deadlift
    i just don't get it why open a gym and not let people lift?
    **** this man this is why i never enter my school gym
    if you got some buck sign up to an outside gym im sure they lots of those in germany but honestly if somebody told that to me I would just laugh at his face

Originally Posted by johncena596 View Post
    same thing in my college
    school gyms are surrounded by pussies
    that's why i go to an outside gym
    i can lift as heavy as i want w/o caring
    school gyms, planet fitness, all this pussiness is actually disgusting
    why the **** would anyone tell another person to leave because of form?
    if somebody in my gym wants to critique my form they just ****ing critique it
    Why the **** would he kick you out because of bad form? this is actually ****ing bull****
    and why not just put rubber plates or a dedicated deadlifting area like my gym just uses rubber plates and they don't give a **** where you deadlift
    i just don't get it why open a gym and not let people lift?
    **** this man this is why i never enter my school gym
    if you got some buck sign up to an outside gym im sure they lots of those in germany but honestly if somebody told that to me I would just laugh at his face
    no one can see you at the gym anyway John

akxy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akxy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akxy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akxy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akxy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akxy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akxy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akxy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akxy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akxy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akxy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by rahul352 View Post
    Dear Friends

I have been lifting for 2 years now.
    I am am Asian living in Germany.
    Today I was doing my deadlift(140 kgs) and my back was not straight.
    A guy came to me and said that he is the head of university sports and told me that I should decrease the weight or leave the gym.
    He said that he has been studying sports for more than 20 years and he knows everything.
    I am shy guy and I couldn't say anything in return.
    I admit my form was not really good but i have done 145 kgs with better form.

I am a student and lift in University Gym.This guy said that he is head of University sports.

I am really hurt mentally because I have been lifting in that gym for 2 years and this thing happened to me.I am not a big guy but just love to lift
    This guy looks like he rarely lifts.But I still was respectful to him.
    I am really sad and so just wanted to share my story.
    I don't know what to do .
    Since you admit that your form wasn't perfect I would correct it and then just go back to lifting and then should be fine