Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Twice11 View Post
    Tend to agree with you about some nooby MMA math, but it’s also the fighting styles. The careful space control and striking capabilities that mcgregor has is just superior, and that’s why I’d say the nooby MMA math is *roughly* accurate.

Hate to be a mcgregor fanboy but the dude is damn good. I don’t think he belongs above 155, but most of the top contenders of 145 or 155 will be easily dusted by mcgregor as far as I can tell. Some stand out matches to me would be Holloway and khabib, and MAYBE Ferguson. I don’t think those would be easy for him, and honestly even in those I think mcgregor has the odds in his favor for the exception of khabib.
    I agree with everything you're saying here.

It was just a throwaway line that got blown up because a couple of people tried to say I didn't know what MMA math was.

But yes, agreed overall.

Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    I think for MMA purists, we would like nothing more than belts actually meaning something, divisions not being held up, the UFC holding up rankings while still making good cards. Conor kind of represents that problem. Honestly I'm kind of tired of the 155 division being held up. Conor probably can't fight till spring and who knows if he will actually fight again.

Honestly the dude should just retire. He took the 145 division by storm, knocked out the long-time champ of that division in 13 seconds, became champion of the 155 division, boxed Mayweather and earned 100s of millions. Has the UFC by the balls as literally he is the only massive mainstream draw. Seriously though what's left? I guess defending belts but who gives a fuk about all that. He already left his mark on the sport.

With all that money I hardly think he is that motivated and hungry anymore. Would still love to see a Max vs Conor fight though, at whatever weight class that would be. Max right now has just hit his prime and is continuously improving with every fight.

A 22 year old max who was far removed from what he is now at least survived against Conor where as most of his opponents were getting KOed left and right. Man clearly has a decent chin, cardio for days, almost Nate Diaz like except I feel that Max sticks and moves better where as Nate Diaz will take a punch to throw a punch.
    The UFC PR machine played a big part of his status in the division. But after all that he still wont go down as one of the greats in MMA, if he retired right now. I just don't see how. What he definitely will go down as is a great con man with a nasty left hand and a brash persona that talked his way into getting rich.

His whole timeline in the ufc reminds me of a guy walking into a bar full of badasses, whooping them, then leaves, never to be seen again. Kind of like he did with '45 and is still doing at '55.
    Last edited by Gomi; 12-05-2017 at 03:57 PM.
    "I would fight anyone of the UFC LW's, but the problem is that I will never put my foot in the octagon after they (UFC) tried to be funny, I would rather have bleeding hemorrhoids than fight for the UFC. I would rather have one true Japanese MMA supporter than one million fake mainstream supporters that will turn their back on you as soon as you lose a fight. - Joachim Hansen

“I would feel like a coward, like I’m running away,” - Mirko Crocop on moving to the 205lb LHW division

Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Gomi View Post
    The UFC PR machine played a big part of his status in the division. But after all that he still wont go down as one of the greats in MMA, if he retired right now. I just don't see how. What he definitely will go down as is a great con man with a nasty left hand and a brash persona that talked his way into getting rich.

His whole timeline in the ufc reminds me of a guy walking into a bar full of badasses, whooping them, then leaves, never to be seen again. Kind of like he did with '45 and is still doing at '55.
    lmaoo

Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Gainzzz View Post
    lmaoo
    Definitely true when Conor went to Lightweight considering that cock head Dana told Aldo to vacate if he wanted to challenge Pettis for the 155 title.
    The whole first fighter to hold two titles at the same time is total baloney. No this isn't hate.
    https://bandcamp.com/singularity7 - Music collection. Recommend albums. Always looking for more.

DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Singularity7 View Post
    The whole first fighter to hold two titles at the same time is total baloney. No this isn't hate.
    In theory, they could offer a title shot at a different weight class to every single UFC champion standing. One of them will win in every instance and we automatically have five new double-champs.

So it's completely at the UFC's discretion.

And no that's not hate. Conor's title run in the FW division was cool but everything since he won that title is much less impressive.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    honestly Dillashaw would probably wreck mighty mouse if he can make that weight

Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gainzzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Definitely true when Conor went to Lightweight considering that cock head Dana told Aldo to vacate if he wanted to challenge Pettis for the 155 title.
    to say that if he retired today he wouldn't go down as one of the greats is completely ridiculous. that's what i was laughing at.

and technically he was champ in two divisions at the same time. there isn't much else to say, he just was. if you want to say it only happened because the Dana let it, fine. Dana isn't making TJ vacate to go down and fight DJ. there is no conspiracy to only help Conor. Dana just has guys he likes and will treat differently, it has happened since day one.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    to say that if he retired today he wouldn't go down as one of the greats is completely ridiculous. that's what i was laughing at.

and technically he was champ in two divisions at the same time. there isn't much else to say, he just was. if you want to say it only happened because the Dana let it, fine. Dana isn't making TJ vacate to go down and fight DJ. there is no conspiracy to only help Conor. Dana just has guys he likes and will treat differently, it has happened since day one.
    agree with this

no matter the circumstances behind it,

Conor still was a two-way champion of the FW/LW division. He will go down as one of the greats whether you like it or not. Perhaps some of that due to his ability to sell fights and talk the talk. But he also had a legendary run in the FW division and capped it off with a 13 second KO of Aldo. And let's be honest, who in the LW division has better striking than Conor? Sure MMA is MMA and that includes being well-versed in other martial arts but still.

Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I think he will be one of the greats.
    BUT.
    Conspiracy that ufc has helped Conor? No it is fact. Not conspiracy. Dana lol. As soon as you do something he doesn't like he will turn on you like a fukn paki.
    GSP takes break after the Hendricks fight which is obvious that he probably has some problems with concussions or something. BRB Drag his rep through the dirt. Mark Hunt says he has concussion symptoms. BRB I am only doing this for the safety of the fighters.
    Like with TJ vs DJ. UFC's discretion which is just circumstance.
    Dana's favour. Just lmao.

Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    agree with this

no matter the circumstances behind it,

Conor still was a two-way champion of the FW/LW division. He will go down as one of the greats whether you like it or not. Perhaps some of that due to his ability to sell fights and talk the talk. But he also had a legendary run in the FW division and capped it off with a 13 second KO of Aldo. And let's be honest, who in the LW division has better striking than Conor? Sure MMA is MMA and that includes being well-versed in other martial arts but still.
    Sorry like Drew said it is completely to UDC discretion. Him being two time at the same time is kinda baloney. It does mean something i guess. Just hard to give that all the credit.
    Not disputing he is one of the greats. My issue is that there was no UFC strings pulled in his favor and being two time at the same time.
    Making Aldo vacate the FW title to fight for the 155 title. Meanwhile Conor has two fights before the 155lb belt holding things up for what like a year? Which is very obvious since they let him have it just until he finally fought Eddie then forced him to vacate it.
    https://bandcamp.com/singularity7 - Music collection. Recommend albums. Always looking for more.

I think he will be one of the greats.
    BUT.
    Conspiracy that ufc has helped Conor? No it is fact. Not conspiracy. Dana lol. As soon as you do something he doesn't like he will turn on you like a fukn paki.
    GSP takes break after the Hendricks fight which is obvious that he probably has some problems with concussions or something. BRB Drag his rep through the dirt. Mark Hunt says he has concussion symptoms. BRB I am only doing this for the safety of the fighters.
    Like with TJ vs DJ. UFC's discretion which is just circumstance.
    Dana's favour. Just lmao.

Sorry like Drew said it is completely to UDC discretion. Him being two time at the same time is kinda baloney. It does mean something i guess. Just hard to give that all the credit.
    Not disputing he is one of the greats. My issue is that there was no UFC strings pulled in his favor and being two time at the same time.
    Making Aldo vacate the FW title to fight for the 155 title. Meanwhile Conor has two fights before the 155lb belt holding things up for what like a year? Which is very obvious since they let him have it just until he finally fought Eddie then forced him to vacate it.
    i don't think anybody denies that conor's massive appeal and drawing capabilities helped get him opportunities most fighters wouldn't get. But at the same even when gifted these opportunities you still have to perform. Overall you can't really deny that Conor has backed up his talk with his fighting abilities in the octagon. He destroyed Aldo in 13 seconds and totally dismantled Eddie from start to finish. Two champions. That pretty much speaks for itself. Sure he hasn't defended a belt which is why he can't be the GOAT but he'll always be known as 1 of the GOATs.

xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xtrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm the biggest McGregor dick rider and even I thought they were way overhyping that

No such thing as 'same-time' champ, if he doesn't defend both back to back.