Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50)

tips for quitting alcohol?

i'm having a real hard time quitting drinking, i know some people can make it fit their macros, but i can't stop at just one or 2 drinks and alcohol always makes me even more hungry to where i become ravenous! i do a lot better without it, but when i get depressed or upset i immediately start drinking.

i'm thinking of maybe instead of going for a beer, just go for a protein shake - i feel like it's partly a mental fixation and having something to drink would help, and hey we all love protein and that's kinda how i quit smoking, whenever i craved i would suck on a mint and after a few weeks the cravings went away.

I've been getting a new high from body building - when i pump out a hard set with 100% effort i just get this rush and i freaking love it and i just want to be 100% all in with this life. I used to be religious, but not so much these days, but I feel like bodybuilding is my new God now!!

health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This sounds like a deeper issue then just cutting out alcohol for health reasons. If you think you have a problem with drinking, it is best to seek professional help from someone who specializes in substance abuse and addiction. You say that you turn to alcohol if you are depressed, that is a warning sign.

Don't want to seem dramatic but a bodybuilding forum may not be able to offer you the appropriate guidance and advice you need if you think you have a an alcohol problem.
    - Your mindset influences your outcome. It's time to take out phrases like "I can't" or "I don't have time" and replace them with phrases like "I will make the time" and "I will keep working at it until I find a way that works." Success starts with the right mindset and believing in yourself and your dreams.

Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jervim will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by health4life24 View Post
    This sounds like a deeper issue then just cutting out alcohol for health reasons. If you think you have a problem with drinking, it is best to seek professional help from someone who specializes in substance abuse and addiction. You say that you turn to alcohol if you are depressed, that is a warning sign.

Don't want to seem dramatic but a bodybuilding forum may not be able to offer you the appropriate guidance and advice you need if you think you have a an alcohol problem.
    Right on thanks, yeah I get pretty sensitive lol, I think i just need to spend less time online and more time in the gym lol

vadsie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vadsie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vadsie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vadsie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vadsie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vadsie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vadsie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vadsie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vadsie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vadsie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vadsie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A couple of books worth reading that helped me change the way I viewed alcohol were This Naked Mind by Annie Grace and Alcohol Explained by William Porter. These were very good books that I recommend. You can do it

Kalagaraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kalagaraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kalagaraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kalagaraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kalagaraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kalagaraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kalagaraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kalagaraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kalagaraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kalagaraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kalagaraz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jervim View Post
    i'm having a real hard time quitting drinking, i know some people can make it fit their macros, but i can't stop at just one or 2 drinks and alcohol always makes me even more hungry to where i become ravenous! i do a lot better without it, but when i get depressed or upset i immediately start drinking.

i'm thinking of maybe instead of going for a beer, just go for a protein shake - i feel like it's partly a mental fixation and having something to drink would help, and hey we all love protein and that's kinda how i quit smoking, whenever i craved i would suck on a mint and after a few weeks the cravings went away.

I've been getting a new high from body building - when i pump out a hard set with 100% effort i just get this rush and i freaking love it and i just want to be 100% all in with this life. I used to be religious, but not so much these days, but I feel like bodybuilding is my new God now!!
    I 100% quit drinking when I started to get into shape, just viewed alcohol as hinderance and slowing down my progress. Figure that quicker I get ripped, the quicker i'll be on the beach surrounded by hot chicks rubbing sunscreen all over my glorious 6 pack of abs. If that doesn't happen, at least I'll be in shape...

I drank a lot too...15-16 beers a day during week, that plus shots on weekends. Just up and quit about middle of September. Not a beer since.

Might just be me, but I find too if I'm depressed before working out that after I feel pretty good, happy, and like a badass.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have to look at the problem, its not alcohol, anyone can use alcohol, need to look at the underlying problem. Food, alcohol, drugs, you cant be addicted to a specific thing, its the outlet that is being used. People use alcohol because it is easy to get and potent, once money runs out, that addiction dies out. People use food because it is massively, easily available. People only use drugs when they have access to them, degenerates.
    Firstly look at how much money you are melting away.

Need to look at what you are lacking, and stop drinking, its such a waste of money.

Come back to Jesus if you really are ready to quit.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not sure if you are on reddit but the r/stopdrinking subreddit is a good online support group. You may benefit from surrounding yourself with people that have the same goals as you do.

screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It always come down to willpower and self-control. You either want to be fit more than you want to get drunk, or you don’t.

It does sound like you have issues that go beyond just liking to drink. You need to get a handle on that first and foremost, and an Internet forum isn’t the place to do it. Join AA, or go to a therapist, or whatever works for you, but you should probably seek help.
    "You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world."

KKDOGG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jervim View Post

Had to chime in on this one, I used to be an alchoholic then turned into a heroin addiction, this combined controlled my life for 8 years, got clean a few years ago, I'm not religious personally,(don't believe that "god" will fix everything, I have control over my life..etc) so at least for me it is all a mental game that you are playing, it really comes down to how much willpower you have over the alcohol.( that is how I think of it and have overcame my addiction) If you are really dedicated to working out then think about alcohol this way, your taking two steps forward by working out and 1 and 1/2 steps back by drinking because when I drink my diet suffers whether it be snacking fatty foods, or hungover and cant get food down.. not to mention my workouts are terrible with no motivation and sweating like a pig the day after, sleep lacks as well because when you go to sleep drunk its not like a normal wake up refreshed sleep.. So I am working towards a goal to be fitter than I have ever been and I have set my mind to it that fast food alcohol and drugs will just hinder my progress, and take much longer to achieve, so its best to keep my head up and work towards that goal of being fit finally. I hope this has helped in some way, best of luck, done rambling now!

AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) AcademicHulk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    Have to look at the problem, its not alcohol, anyone can use alcohol, need to look at the underlying problem. Food, alcohol, drugs, you cant be addicted to a specific thing, its the outlet that is being used. People use alcohol because it is easy to get and potent, once money runs out, that addiction dies out. People use food because it is massively, easily available. People only use drugs when they have access to them, degenerates.
    Firstly look at how much money you are melting away.

Need to look at what you are lacking, and stop drinking, its such a waste of money.

Come back to Jesus if you really are ready to quit.
    It's damn near impossible, without professional help and a good support web. I had it beat for 6 months, I felt awesome. Then it turned into the occasional night but under control. Last night was out of control. Back to square 1. Sometimes it's not the frequency in which you drink or the volume but rather the way you behave that deems you an alcoholic. Get the help you need from a professional. Dt is hard I went through it about 3 years ago because I drank daily for 2 years .
    Team fat gone gym rat.
    May 2016 - 360 pounds
    December 2016 - 325 pounds
    November 2017 -224 pounds 15% bf

"You believed in Santa for 8 years, the least you can do is believe in yourself for 10 seconds"

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by health4life24 View Post

^^^^This.

Some issues just can't be fixed by yourself, OP.

Good luck.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

RuthWalsh is just really nice. (+1000) RuthWalsh is just really nice. (+1000) RuthWalsh is just really nice. (+1000) RuthWalsh is just really nice. (+1000) RuthWalsh is just really nice. (+1000) RuthWalsh is just really nice. (+1000) RuthWalsh is just really nice. (+1000) RuthWalsh is just really nice. (+1000) RuthWalsh is just really nice. (+1000) RuthWalsh is just really nice. (+1000) RuthWalsh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Maybe look into AA and the 12 Step Programme. Good luck op!

hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiimnotcool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was an alcoholic who drank nearly every day for 8 years until one night in 2016 I had my jaw shattered at a bar lol... Had to be wired shut for 6 weeks and a titanium plate is in my face as a permanent reminder.. It was also good for dieting because I lost like 20 pounds in 6 weeks and got shredded.

But don't do that. The point is eventually something will happen and you'll realize it's not worth it. Never know what or when it will be. I would have swore to you that I'd never be able to stop. Never went to AA or thought "man I want to stop drinking" it was more like the desire just wasn't there anymore after that. Very strange. Good luck man and hopefully you can get it under control.
    Alpha beard crew

ElvisCaprice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ElvisCaprice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ElvisCaprice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ElvisCaprice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ElvisCaprice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ElvisCaprice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ElvisCaprice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ElvisCaprice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ElvisCaprice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ElvisCaprice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ElvisCaprice has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Let alone the negative consequences of alcohol on your health long term. There is nothing positive about alcohol in any amount and the sooner you can get your head around that, the sooner your done with it for life.