ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000)

When to start squatting?

Hello, I'm teen with the kyphosis, It's been just 2-3 weeks since i started gym exercises and serious diet.

I'm 186 cm (6ft1), 66 kg (145lbs) with 10-11% body fat thus i'm a little skinny, but my diet and exercise has helped me gain 4-5 kg in a month. Before gym i did a 1 month preparation, I was doing static/dynamic stretching exercises like supermans, bridges and electric stimulation to activate my back muscles.

Considering that i'm skinny, i'm not really strong, my biceps, triceps and chest is stronger compared to my legs. I did 45kg (99 lbs) bench in 2 weeks, but i was never able to do squats...

I tried my first squat on smith rack, I did everything incorrectly. then, on another leg day, i tried again, my chest was facing forward, glutes were squeezed, feet were pointed out, and legs were on the width of shoulders. Then official trainer working in the gym came to me and told me that i would injure myself doing that, since my hips should be really far away from chest, thus i needed to place my legs so forward that i felt like falling, but i couldn't do it with straight back.

So i told that official trainer about my kyphosis, and the response was really negative, that i shouldn't even be doing anything with the barbells and i should be doing yoga stretching exercises (no disrespect to yoga, it's really great, but not what i want), and of course i didn't listen to that. About a year ago when my kyphosis was at it's peak, I got into some "special snowflake" place where doctor told me that i couldn't do anything at all, i was very weak, and i needed to do exercises she offered for 6 months in order to improve. I did all of those horrible hilarious exercises with machines, some of those exercises seemed like they were made up. I did all of those for 1 whole year and progress? not even a 1%. But believe or not, when i started current exercises, I can barely see my kyphosis anymore.

So back to the topic, when should i start doing squats? I've been doing hack squats and 80 kg (176 lbs, i know it's very little) leg presses, but i still can't seem to do squats properly, am i required to get my legs that forward? and please don't tell me that i should never do squats, I've heard people saying that squats are even productive for kyphosis. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by ShellRox; 11-25-2017 at 12:26 AM.

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    seek help from a medical professional, preferably someone with a sports science or sth of that sort background.

A general doctor would simply tell you not to lift.
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000) ShellRox is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    seek help from a medical professional, preferably someone with a sports science or sth of that sort background.

A general doctor would simply tell you not to lift.
    There are not much medical professionals in my country, but my trainer has a good experience in lifting and physical therapy, he tells me that i'm yet not ready to do squats. I just wan't to hear some advices.